Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!"   June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed*** >

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 AM

I got my Blues and a couple of stripes in the mail yesterday! I love them!! Hope you do to!! :-D
Old 06-30-2011, 11:27 AM

I'm going out of town tonight. I should have internet but you never know. If I dont, please sign me up for July for 6...I don't know if I'll have time to do the potholder so I don't want to agree to a twist yet. I'll be back middle of next week and will know more then :)

And I'm gonna have an envelope waiting for me when I get back! Awesome!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I'm going out of town tonight. I should have internet but you never know. If I dont, please sign me up for July for 6...I don't know if I'll have time to do the potholder so I don't want to agree to a twist yet. I'll be back middle of next week and will know more then :)

And I'm gonna have an envelope waiting for me when I get back! Awesome!!!!
Take care and be safe! You'll be missed!!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 AM

HI! I am so excited I just used my first batch of squares from the green swap! I made 10 minute blocks and am hooked! Had enough to do 9 blocks and am about fnished sewing down the curves.
I was getting really nervous about having all those squares and no knowing what to do witht hem! (NO imagination)!
AND I was having such a hard time cutting the squares...finally figured out my favorite ruler was 1/4 in off from one end to the other!
(I have loads of sort of 10 inch squares!)
I got a 10.5 in square to cut with! So...I am back in the swaps if you have room for me!
Everybody have a great 4th of July! Bonnie
Old 07-01-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by bonitagaye
HI! I am so excited I just used my first batch of squares from the green swap! I made 10 minute blocks and am hooked! Had enough to do 9 blocks and am about fnished sewing down the curves.
I was getting really nervous about having all those squares and no knowing what to do witht hem! (NO imagination)!
AND I was having such a hard time cutting the squares...finally figured out my favorite ruler was 1/4 in off from one end to the other!
(I have loads of sort of 10 inch squares!)
I got a 10.5 in square to cut with! So...I am back in the swaps if you have room for me!
Everybody have a great 4th of July! Bonnie

Thats great!! I love the 10 minute blocks also. But you're right. If you don't have the right square it's hard to work with! I recently bought my 10.5 square and wow! it's a lot easier! Glad you're back!! We've had some awesome swaps!! :D :thumbup:
Old 07-02-2011, 09:03 AM

I just got mine in the mail today! They are just beautiful!!! Thank you everyone and thank you luvTooQuilt
for doing this swap. I can't wait to make something with them. Does anyone have an idea what they are going to make. I want it to be a period piece, maybe some type of sampler. I'll have to try to find out what blocks were popular at that time. Thanks again for all the great fabric. This was my first delivery of a swap and love it!
oldcatlady
Old 07-02-2011, 09:39 AM

I'm going to wait until maybe September and start making the 10 Minute Quilt blocks for Christmas quilts. Easest and fastest way I know of!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 PM

Excited to have received my pkg in the mail today. The variety of fabrics are beautiful. I wouldn't even have known what Civil War fabrics were had it not been for this swap. Thanks Luvtooquilt for hosting again!!! Looking forward to the next one.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:10 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Wow that was quick!! Two days..

I'll post Julys swap soon... Keep checkin the board for the post!!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:50 AM

I received my package yesterday! I LOVE the fabrics!!! It was like Christmas going through them this a.m. Thanks so much for doing this swap luvTooQuilt!! You're AWESOME!!! And also thanks to everyone for the wonderful fabrics...they are all so different. I love your swaps, Linda!!