Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!"   June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed*** >

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

**closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed***

Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by WonkyWanda
Love the Fall color idea. Golds, rust,brown....
ME too...I like that idea!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:37 AM

LUV, for August...can the blue be mixed with any other color as long as the blue is the predominate color?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:44 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Momma_K
LUV, for August...can the blue be mixed with any other color as long as the blue is the predominate color?
Yes.. as long as when you look at it the fabric looks blue..

and it can be any blue.. Baby, cobalt, sky, midnight. ANY BLUE.. I want to keep these swaps simple.. no 'specific' shades- the last specific shade one was a pain in the Beeeeehind! .. only requirement is that its BLUE, 10.5 inches and 100% unwashed cotton.. .. lol..

2012 we will have Batiks, 1930's, bug Ispy, and colors.. but as always the fine print... 'Themes are subject to change..'

Also.. any members making a stamp quilt..?? Ive been cranking away on my GO cleaning up my ever multiplying scrap bins ( 3 of them!!) and have some small pieces that I can use for my crumb quilt but figured I had plenty to share with someone who needs 'different' lil pieces.. (Yes I have a lull till i swap the squares tonight..) Let me know I can send a baggie in your return envie..
Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 AM

Good! I ordered mine yesterday. Very pretty colors! Thanks LUV
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM

I just had to share :) . Now I know what to do with my '30s squares!!!

I just bought these patterns for Aunt Grace
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132547-1.htm
Old 06-24-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
I just had to share :) . Now I know what to do with my '30s squares!!!

I just bought these patterns for Aunt Grace
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132547-1.htm
Hey thats great, I like those!! They look so "30's"! Youll have send pics as you go or when finished!! :-D
Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 PM

That's one of the '30s line of fabrics that we used (on the pattern covers) that's why I knew the fabrics would look awesome! lol...I'm a visual kind of person and although I LOVE the 30's I had no idea what I was going to do with them.

My husband has a 16 y/o neice that has downs syndrome and I promised her a quilt. I may not make that specific entire quilt but I do think I will use some of the block patterns and it totally dawned on me when I looked at those pattern pictures that SHE would probably LOVE that fabric because it is very childlike and has puppys and toys and such. Of course she gave me some specific colors that she likes so I'll have to go through the blocks and pick those out..lol
Old 06-24-2011, 02:06 PM

those 30's patterns are great - I still haven't decided what to do with mine. I keep looking at patterns but I like them all.
I did decide what to do with these already and can't wait to get them back. I ordered my contrast and backing fabric already.
...and since I was ordering i threw in some blues and even some black/whites
Old 06-24-2011, 05:10 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by katvert
those 30's patterns are great - I still haven't decided what to do with mine. I keep looking at patterns but I like them all.
I did decide what to do with these already and can't wait to get them back. I ordered my contrast and backing fabric already.
You all are funny.. Is there any swap member shopping from their own stash besides me??? ok well I didnt have enough food, and I didnt have CW but I did have 1930's reds and greens!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Originally Posted by katvert
You all are funny.. Is there any swap member shopping from their own stash besides me??? ok well I didnt have enough food, and I didnt have CW but I did have 1930's reds and greens!!!!
I am a newer quilter - so these are stash building vs. stash busting. It also is exposing me to different types of fabrics like the 30's and civil war and allows me to get a variety and make an item or two that I otherwise might not have attempted.

(I do have some blues and such - but i knew i wouldn't have enough and they were a great deal.)