Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 09-05-2013, 05:13 PM

that is the bra your making me right? smaller the better a little pom pom a little feathers and oh wait a tassel and OMG I am in big time.. just make it long enough

ok smartie partie I am working on new ideas for you... still working.. cant send just .. you know.. that.. and enough cayenne and it will just be fine honest (eye drops are so hard to make).

I think ok I have PETS holiday my partner has Christmas the harder of the two by far. what are you making?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:06 PM

bra?? perfect monstookie, those purple ones and the boa for the straps, you'll be a hit brat, everyone will want one. I'll take a pic and post it for you....just because you're so special my friend, better add "I luv you lots"
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 PM

football night, half time over....tomorrow!! I'll yak
Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I think ok I have PETS holiday my partner has Christmas the harder of the two by far. what are you making?
Not hard at all my dear! I'd start by finding out what kind of pets your partner has (but I'm sure you already know that by now) and go with a fabric featuring those pets. I have these 2 puppy fabrics that go together that are SO cute for something like this! Put a little solid color with them & voila! Of course, I bought them for a child's project, then found out the people are having a girl, and the background color on the fabric is baby blue, so it's become stash. Can't use it for the man's nephew either, because they're cat people.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:47 AM

NO you goose I was asking what is the theme your making for YOUR partners! I already KNOW mine lol.. its true we even chat when we can between fittings. Jaba if she makes me a bra out of those you will be the first person I will model it for. Then I will hit the big lights! go all out! uh oh yeah I live in Cody. NO big lights unless its rodeo and unless your into rodeo.. they are not interested in MY big lights..sigh.. time for a vegas trip.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM

Well I have Jaba & she's asked for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'm debating seeing if the leaf fabric from the runner I'm making Cindy & the lighter harlequin fabric from the runner before go together. I think the dark with the light could be stunning if they're a match.

I've been given a reprieve from going to the football game tomorrow, so I set my sewing up in the dining room & will be there instead.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM

Of course the poms poms and the boa are not necessarily "tacky" in themselves. But when combined with a few choice rhinestones in red and green....well....now we're talking. Elisabrat seems like the "over the top" kind of gal. So I know I'm right on track with my item. snicker
Old 09-06-2013, 02:27 PM

I've been working on both of my partner's choices. Table runner, placemats, pot holders and sewing machine cover. HMMMM wonder which I chose??? Whatever I did, they are just about done, just a little hand binding left to do and I'll be ready to mail. Hope both of you like them, but if you don't just go ahead and send them right back. I'm going to have a hard time mailing these off this time, I'll gladly make you something else.
You are all witness, brat said she'd model so I can take a pic. Send me that bra right away, she'll tell me she never received it in the mail.....if you send it to her. She does have a sweet side, miss brat presented me with the most beautiful autumn table runner yesterday, golden ruby pears fabric in delicious colors, I just have to quilt and bind it. I think that's the way she makes sure I like it when I have to finish it just a tad ...and I will this one. Will post pic when I get it done. Did the backing, batting and made binding today. Tomorrow quilt it and sew on binding are in my plans.
Dusty'smomma show me a hint and I'll let you know. You can always do it reversible, remember that was your suggestion...both holiday's. But I'm easy, if it's better for you just make me 2 different ones
Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 PM

oh goodie! RHINESTONES! long straps to hold the over the shoulder boulder holders! now I had a grand idea but wonder if its asking too much could you post a tiny pic of your sewing area? Monstookie yes it helps with deciding how many I mean how furry a gift I can give you? Jan I think she will make you a perfect item. Dustysmomma she wants a terrific turkey runner! yes yes she does! or a Halloween pumpkin smiling yeah that would work perfectly at my house I mean at Jaba's house.. seen it and shoot if it doesn't work well there is always me to slide it over to (think forest green trim) oh wait.. she reads this.. crud. ok tell her this: if you don't want to see BRAT in that bra with all those extra's.. well bribe her with THis! oh my that works yes yes it does!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I've been working on both of my partner's choices. Table runner, placemats, pot holders and sewing machine cover. HMMMM wonder which I chose??? Whatever I did, they are just about done, just a little hand binding left to do and I'll be ready to mail. Hope both of you like them, but if you don't just go ahead and send them right back. I'm going to have a hard time mailing these off this time, I'll gladly make you something else.

Dusty'smomma show me a hint and I'll let you know. You can always do it reversible, remember that was your suggestion...both holiday's. But I'm easy, if it's better for you just make me 2 different ones
Oh my you're quick! I haven't decided on anything yet. I'll be finishing aprons today and hopefully making a birthday placemat and bib for the man's nephew, who turns 1 year old in a month. Since his dad's here this weekend, it only makes sense to send it back with him. So, I'll deal with swaps after he's gone. I think Brat's got a good idea with getting you to quilt your piece, lol. Then she knows you like it! I still haven't heard if my quilting hoop and table are in yet. Will have to call today and see.

Anyway, let's see, if I do reversible, it could work if I either don't put any embroidery on it (which I know you wouldn't want since I have my hot new machine) or if I maybe make an embroidered centerpiece on both sides. Oh well, I'll think about it in a few days.

As for mine, if you need to work out a custody agreement, we can, lol.