Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 09-09-2013, 05:35 AM

morning fellow quilters! how is it for you this fine day? its a SEWING day ok and a vacuuming day and well probably a bit of this and that day but that's ok its not super hot anymore! this is marvelous!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:56 AM

It's foggy here and it's a working day at my day job for me and dinner with girlfriends tonight - Monday Night Ladies Stagette - we are all so busy and this is one way we are able to stay connected. I did get some sewing in this morning - top is finished for Elisabrat Fall Table Runner Swap - backing is ironed and binding strips are done - just sandwich, quilt and bind- maybe I'll get a good start on it after dinner tonight - have to see how late it gets.

You all be good and have a wonderful Monday.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
oh goodie! RHINESTONES! long straps to hold the over the shoulder boulder holders! now I had a grand idea but wonder if its asking too much could you post a tiny pic of your sewing area? Monstookie yes it helps with deciding how many I mean how furry a gift I can give you? Jan I think she will make you a perfect item. Dustysmomma she wants a terrific turkey runner! yes yes she does! or a Halloween pumpkin smiling yeah that would work perfectly at my house I mean at Jaba's house.. seen it and shoot if it doesn't work well there is always me to slide it over to (think forest green trim) oh wait.. she reads this.. crud. ok tell her this: if you don't want to see BRAT in that bra with all those extra's.. well bribe her with THis! oh my that works yes yes it does!
I will post of picture of my sewing room when I get home from work. Anything to help.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM

ok I spent a good portion of my day making little itty bitty squares for my round robin. OMG I am cutting, and sewing and then sewing and trimming and sewing and trim some more and I finished 14! wow how great. I put them around the quilt center edges and I think.. oh no I need about 18 more. only. 18. now I am all cut and ready to go to it again but really, that is a lot of 4.5 inch blocks. a square in a square in a square.. pretty BUT. sheesh. I might never want to touch a red/white quilt again. OH NO I have another round robin that is also red and white. I know I wont want to work with it again .. for a really long time. Moonstookie maybe you need pot holders? placemats? a table runner I need more inspiration for your gift I might just go with I love animals and you get my carefully selected critters put into something. I was thinking this girl needs an eyelash case. You know to put those butterfly things you wear all the time and try to fool everyone with. I think wink wink its the rhinestones you glued to the tips that really.. well send a shining reminder to just how 'special' you are. .. girl you got it going! oooh la la!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:44 PM

Mailed both of my partners today, should have them by the end of the week. Had so much stuff here that was done, just had to make some room to start something new. I'd rather it be at your house anyway, or I'd keep it
Old 09-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Jaba, you're puttin pressure on me girl! This morning I'd planned to come home tonight and sew, but it was one of those days that makes you want about 3 shots of tequila with lunch. I just came home & vegged out instead. I've been sitting on the couch watching Hulu. I recently was contacted by my 1st cousin once removed (my dad's cousin) who lives in California, and I really should call her, but I really don't know if I feel social tonight. I may go to bed early instead & hope for a better day tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 AM

I have to finish those dreaded red/whites. Yesterday turned out not to be a sewing day so today has to be I want that oFF my table I have feared this quilt top. Themamahauser is talking about entering it in a quilt show this next year no pressure at all to do something that's nice. mine is going to either work or be crazy busy. pray it works I think monstookie is hiding. Yup under that blanket with the cat curled up on her. wakey wakey! come on out and play! you didn't answer my question so now its just a free for all tossing things in the air whatever lands on my plate well its going to be yours. hope you like.. eclectic
Old 09-11-2013, 03:32 AM

ps waiting impatiently for my licorice. mail it right away please. I know I am about to have another bad moment and the doc said it would help a lot.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 PM

I got prettyies! Pink, beautiful pretties! Jaba even sent "little cakes" for my birthday in October too! I haven't tried it on my machine yet, but will post photos when I do!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:56 AM

wow you get a BIRTHDAY TOO? sheesh. what is this birthdays for a year? lol my daughter when she was younger used to say MOM (pronounced MaHOOOOM with a monster sigh).. its MY BIRTHDAY WEEK. DUH. uh when I grew up you had one day it was your birthday. Never heard of a birthday week. If your not enlightened it means you celebrate daily for a week minimum like lunch out dinner out presents daily.. how could I have gone all those years without knowing this is how it works? lol.. so I think if your getting presents now for your Birthday Dustysmomma your in for a heck of a birthday.. MONTH how about that a birthday MONTH! go for it so I don't have to. I hate birthdays not because of the date or age or such its gifts. They make me self conscious. I give well I don't like to receive much. oddball. Its the attention I don't care for. I like blending in with the woodwork I guess