Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 09-16-2013, 03:52 AM

I think Waldo is actually smiling. I look up at him and he kinda grins at me. I said to the dear man, what would you do if you woke up one day and he was laying in bed staring at you. He said that would not be good. Thankfully I decided to hang him in the livingroom because well one can not ever have too many stuffed heads right? and it wouldn't grin at you while your sleeping. creepy!

I woke up this morning and decided to make quiche. It wasn't quiet five am yet when I did this. WHAT THE HECK? baking before a cup of coffee? upside is come on over breakfast is almost ready
Old 09-17-2013, 05:11 PM

I finished my blocks, now on to the borders! Getting there! Proud of myself, first real piecing!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 PM

Yay! The first steps are always the scariest!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:27 PM

Way to go Jami! I have the prototype fall side of your placemats done and almost have the Christmas side together. Will be much quicker to do the rest as I will not have to figure out placement, proportions and measurements. You can thank my oldest DS for brainstorming support on the design.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:53 AM

Mom 6 does your daughter quilt too? Mine learned two years ago and really enjoyed it. She made her first quilt in two days amazingly done well. I am going to do an item for Monstookie today. I think I had better go to the market today first however as my cupboards are bare. OK a few cans of spaghetti sauce but no meat, on veggies and not much fruit. I guess I waited a bit too long to go .. last night I made a can of poor mans soup. Broth, ham hock for flavor, two carrots two celery stalks tops included (cant waste that!) and an onion. About 1/2 a cup of diced ham and well that was it. I strained it out afterwards and now I have some flavorful broth for another time. It was use those things or toss them .. no way was that happening. I then boiled some eggs so we could have a sandwich today and one for a salad tonight and well hello inside there? is anyone HOME? (the fridge said.. "Noooo.. nobody home but us eggs") hence why I have to run to the dumb market. They killed my arm in dialysis yesterday its still swollen and sore as all hell. Somedays.. are like that. I was very good to them. I told them THIS IS A PICNIC and next time.. YOUR NOT INVITED she put the needle in directly through the vein first. then they put it in and it sat directly on the nerve. for three hours. I was holding ice on it the hole time, tears going down my stupid face and trying to get taller in my chair if I could (you know if you back up harder into the chair you still can not escape the dreaded needles?) ok I whined. Sorry I was a tad grumpy about the whole thing. I am going to be over it in short order promise. once I start sewing .. get in my groove. yup I had best do that. maybe I will eat an egg.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:13 PM

No DD has no desire to quilt (at least not at the moment) and she really doesn't want to mess with sewing at all. After all why should she if she can get Mom to do it! But she encourages me to buy lots of fabric in hopes I will make her something. DGS is showing interest and a couple of my guys do costuming, but no quilters in the bunch so far.

Now DD did make a lap quilt in her home ec class a few years ago and did a very nice job on it. Alas it did not survive when our house burned in 2000.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 PM

oh no perhaps you should suggest you would like something.. a runner , an apron, a lap quilt and she can pick from most of your stash.. for Christmas. cost her nothing you see? might be a good incentive. I am not sure however how old your dd is so..mine was 19/20 before it hit her now she is wanting her machine and to sew curtains for her new place and well she needs it so she can make holiday things.. lol she has inherit the holiday bug from her mother I am afraid. its highly contagious apparently (only the woman of my side of the family).
Old 09-19-2013, 05:19 PM

Brat, I found you some new shoes. I had to share!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/285556432596420930/
Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 PM

Oh No, Dustys'mom......those are yours! I thought you had some "Waldo shoes"
Old 09-19-2013, 05:53 PM

One of these days I'm going to take a picture of my shoe rack for you guys....