Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!

0 0%
  • Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.

1 100.00%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: “pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    You're not alone with that psyching up part, so you might as well join the rest of us.

Lol. Ok I'll send in my pm. guess you ladies will have to read my journeys on quilting in here lol. Now what holiday and thing to put on my wish list....

Can I list more than 2 items to choose from? I would rather give more options to my partner, I am really open to their creativity.

This sounds like fun. Sign me up. I have sent the PM.
    Pat Waters

oh goody! A few more creative people! This swap is only limited by your imagination! Put you thinking cap on, grab a pencil & paper & start your thinking on what it is you'd like to do. Oh what fun to come up with something different!

ah the unlimited possibilities! I am thinking please don't ask me to make a toaster cover egad it might not be very good or a toilet bowl dress or something.. a bed runner I could do not sure why people use those but I can make that if its not a KING size bed sheesh then your getting a quilt almost! how about breakfast? I can whip you up some breakfast! I am making cheese Danish for breakfast tomorrow for the heck of it. oh oh I talked with Tracibug last night and she is doing final sorting on her batiks this weekend so that will make some very happy swappers next week I am thinking.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

you need a sticky girl get this up on the front page and they will come I am geared up.. and ready to open my package uh um I mean send a package.. uh um or perhaps MAKE something for someone how much bribery will it take to get my partner... I can see some beautiful things made out of holiday fabric in my near future. I am able to see into the future. This helps immensely. COME ON LADIES (and Gentlemen) JOIN THE FUN! PARTY AT THE PICK ANY HOLIDAY SWAP!!! I have the hot chocolate and cream cheese Danish! come on over!!
    Linda

ok here I am working my fingers to the bones what do I get? bony fingers, bony fingers.. (singing to you hope you are enjoying this). I am hoping by posting this gets on the front page and maybe others will join. Last time we had a lot of runners, mats, a blender cover.. what else did we have made? oodles of fun things. It doesn't have to be a big item you make your partner will give two ideas so you can pick and chose which one you want to make. its a grand plan! I love placemats, runners, wall hangings, and this time maybe an apron for me! so nothing fancy hard just made well and your in! All skill levels so if your worried you cant do it I am telling you yes you can and if you are stuck you can write one of the others who is not your secret pal and ask how to do something. Dustysmomma is a grand help too.

SO JUMP ON IN THE WATER IS WARM! Play with us and you will have a fun time!
    Linda

Well it's been a fun weekend, but today it's back to the real world. I don't get together with that bunch nearly as much as they get together, so it was a great time for me. I got to meet some new people that have ended up in the group & stayed up way too late Saturday night. Who knew that a place called Electric Cowboy would barely play any country music? So, my bad knees and I danced & went up & down a short section of stairs until about 2am & had a blast. I'm still paying for it in my knees and thighs today though!

I went to Intown Quilters in Decatur before lunch Saturday & got some awesome Christmas fabric & a beautiful jelly roll. I'll have to take/post photos tonight after work. It's my new favorite "must visit when I'm in town" LQS!!! I also stopped at Joann's in Kennesaw (near where we went Saturday night) for fall fabric. I was disappointed in their selection, but got 1 & a couple solids I needed regardless. Got my ticket for the cutting table & I was #77. Look up at the "now serving"....63. They had 3 people cutting & it was still slow because they were so busy & everyone either had multiples or something special (1 had a leather looking upholstery fabric the cutter was struggling with and another had foam about the length of a couch she wanted cut.)

So, here we are with signups...go tell your friends & bring more! The more the merrier!....

1. Elisabrat
    2. Jaba
    3. Tam...Moo
    4. Oksewnsew
    5. Cindy60545
    6. paperpieceme
    7. Jamimclaugh
    8. Scrapquilt

Blog Entries
    I sent my sign-up information in - I'm keepin it simple.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Dabbler's in! Dabbler's in! YAY! Mrs. Dabbler does such beautimous work!

1. Elisabrat
    2. Jaba
    3. Tam...Moo
    4. Oksewnsew
    5. Cindy60545
    6. paperpieceme
    7. Jamimclaugh
    8. Scrapquilt
    9. dabbler312

OK, so an arbitrary challenge....if we get 20 people to sign up, I'll do an embroidery piece on my new machine to send to someone I'll pick at random. So, get out there & get some people signed up & if you're lurking, get in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    you need a sticky girl get this up on the front page and they will come I am geared up.. and ready to open my package uh um I mean send a package.. uh um or perhaps MAKE something for someone how much bribery will it take to get my partner... I can see some beautiful things made out of holiday fabric in my near future. I am able to see into the future. This helps immensely. COME ON LADIES (and Gentlemen) JOIN THE FUN! PARTY AT THE PICK ANY HOLIDAY SWAP!!! I have the hot chocolate and cream cheese Danish! come on over!!
    We're on the front page, but staying there is the challenge, lol. I have no idea what makes a post go sticky, so we just keep on keeping on until we get there. As they say in the music business "Fake it til you make it!"

I think I've finally gotten my hands healed up enough to get back in the sewing room. I've gotten lazy while they've been bad. The new dermatologist gave me a steroid shot Thursday though and it's helping a lot. He gave me a chemotherapy drug (methotrexate) to try, if I want to, but said that putting me on Enbrel or Humera was a better option since I've started to show the early symptoms of psoriatic arthritis. However, I have to have the methotrexate filled for 30 days before we can try it. I'll be honest, with what I've read about it, I'm scared to take it, and I'm even more scared to take it with the man in Korea.

to stay right here on the front page there have to be current posts. with each post it goes to the top of page one then moves its way down.. second a sticky you ask Patrice for and she will give you one to get yours up on top.

Where is Yomamitesa? and her pal Sapdoggie.. they had better get on over here .. time to go push and pull them into the room .. its a fun swap. OH and I have posted but will post again in my runner swap see if anyone will like to try this. End of summer, kids getting ready to go back to school lots to do with little ones right now I imagine. but surely there are a lot of us without little ones and time on our hands to create something to make another person smile. That's what this swapping is all about for me.. making someone smile and keeping busy keeps me happy.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Think I would be giving that steroid shot time to work first and then decide. If it's getting better and you think it's working maybe that will be just fine on its own. It seems that there can be a lot of side effects from the methotrexate. I guess if all of us read the side effects from various drugs we probably would be a bit leery of taking them. Wonder why you would have to take it for 30 days before enbrel though?

Blog Entries
    I've been using clobatesol on my eczema for the past couple of weeks - getting rid of eczema on the hands is difficult because you're always washing your hands and you wash the medicine off. It's working on lessening the severity of the blisters and helps to heal some overnight. I do an extra light application throughout the day after several hand washings. I also have a perscription for Enbrel but find the clobatesol working better right now. As long as I can keep the blisters and the bad burning in my hands at bay I'm good.

Onto something else - last night a woman knocked on my door and wanted to know if it would be okay to walk around our house and look at the flowers so I showed her around. She was impressed with what we have done to the property since we purchased it 15 years ago. One of my very favorite plants "Purple Passion Vine" is what she was looking for - it was already established when we bought the house - come to find out she gave the previous owner's the plant to get started and she wondered if it was still here after all these years. We started out with a clean slate as far as the yard goes and have put in a couple of large planters, patio, planted some trees and shrubs, started a vegetable garden and established flower beds around the house. It's been a labor of love - this year has been hard on our plants - temps have been cooler and wetter than normal so they haven't grown as much as in previous years -also Beasley is extremely tough on the yard and gets in the plants and knocks them over - it's his playground.

You all have a wonderful day.

Kristine
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Wonder why you would have to take it for 30 days before enbrel though?
    For a long time metheltrexate was top of the food chain of what they could offer in treatments. Obviously, drugs like Embrel are expensive. He said that he's required to give me the metheltrexate for 30 days first, but I can't remember if that's an FDA thing or insurance. Thing is, I have been talking to some other people the last few days who have taken it, and the nausea, bleeding gums, fatigue, dizziness, etc. all concern me. Not to mention, there's nothing in it to slow the joint deterioration like there supposedly is in the biologicals like Enbrel.

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    I've been using clobatesol on my eczema for the past couple of weeks - getting rid of eczema on the hands is difficult because you're always washing your hands and you wash the medicine off.

Onto something else - last night a woman knocked on my door and wanted to know if it would be okay to walk around our house and look at the flowers so I showed her around. She was impressed with what we have done to the property since we purchased it 15 years ago.
    I agree, and on the hands is what gets in my head worse than anything. The general practitioner told me there was no difference in using the eczema lotion I bought over the counter and the topicals he was giving me. Yet it was still spreading. My boss has eczema as well and says she's been worried for years about the arthritis showing up like it is in me now. That's the part I dread the worst. I will have to ask the dermatologist about clobatesol as well.

I have always wanted to stop to see someone's home like your visitors did. Honestly, I don't have the courage to do it. I'm not shy, just don't want people to think I'm a nutter!

Here's some awesome news....I got my embroidery function working! Now to learn to use all the extra in my software!!!

No new players today, but it's early yet!

Gosh, I'm starting to hear an echo in here. Where'd everyone go?

There's only week left to sign up!

Sorry girl I have been so pooped out I haven't posted much. I was just thinking now on a pretty Apron bought a pattern for a smock one that I really liked in the quilting store .. My mom always wore smocks and I think maybe they are a little more comfortable than the ones around the neck? it goes from xs to xxl and easily could be modified to make it a bit larger in case anyone wants one. It has a wonderful work pocket in front from almost one side to the other which I love.. I wear them all the time. Especially when cooking or baking. Boy what a mess my tshirt can get!

I wonder will my partner want something spring like are they a springy happy person? winter like holidays and such or snow and trees and winter wonderland?? or will they want fall/Halloween/thanksgiving colors? I love those colors so much.. then of course we have summer and patriotic and sunflowers and fruits and veggies and oh dear I can't wait to find out! placemats? runners? pretty pretty wall hangings? what will you chose? pick me! I will make you something grand! lol.. ok something good!!! cross my fingers and pray I get it right LOL ok ok I will. So sign up for a bunch of fun here come on you know you want to. You can check out our last swap we had a ton of fun chatting and chatting and even sewing too!
    Linda

Sorry, been busy quilting! Also have a fall/Halloween table runner to do. Remember?? I'll do better next week!

Cindy, the old whip cracker here myself.. kshaw! mush mush andele andele! rapido! ok you have time no panic mode yet for you young lady. It always comes together. besides the runner swap is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT (ducking dustysmomma has a mean left hook)... than this swap time to run before she whomps me xoxox
    Linda

I have just joined. Should be a fun swap....My holiday of choice: National Love Your Pet Day - February 20th. I really don't decorate for the holiday's. So it would be fun to make something for someone sho does.

1. Elisabrat
    2. Jaba
    3. Tam...Moo
    4. Oksewnsew
    5. Cindy60545
    6. paperpieceme
    7. Jamimclaugh
    8. Scrapquilt
    9. dabbler312
    10. Monstookie

Even number means I don't play, right?

Brat, I can't believe you! :O I may just have to rethink that licorice....

Blog Entries
    If it comes out even, I'll do 2. You're not getting off easy , you have to make something.....

Blog Entries
    I just signed up for the swap, for something in patriotic colors. I think it is going to be a fun swap, especially since we have until October to finish.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast