Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full >

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 AM

Sorry I am slow getting to this....

1) What is your favorite quilt pattern? Shakespeare in the Park by Judy Martin
2) What quilt gadget that you can not live without???? Bloc Loc Rulers
3) Best sewing advice...absolutely, always measure twice if not thrice and cut once(wish I could follow my own advice)
4) Favorite quilt site besides "the quilting board" ...Fresh Lemons blog
5) Name other crafts you do besides quilting....Hardanger, embroidery, house repair/improvement

Darcene, who is trying to find her mojo...

OKay please post your answers here...
BArb[/QUOTE]
Old 10-21-2013, 09:23 AM

Now that I have my laptop, I can communicate again....

1. What is your favorite quilt pattern? Log Cabin by Eleanor Burns
2. What quilt gadget that you can not live without? Seam ripper
3. Best sewing advice.....Measure TWICE, cut ONCE.
4. Favorite quilt site besides QB? Quilter's Cache
5. Name other crafts you do besides quilting.....crocheting, knitting
Old 10-21-2013, 11:48 AM

I got birthday candy from Quilting Dragon today. That leaves only one outstanding and I think that's pretty good for a swap this big.

Thanks to everyone for playing along!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:15 PM

I am reporting that I also got a package from Quilting Dragon today and I only have 1 more to receive. Quilt Dragon it was worth the wait. The cocoa mix is so welcomed since I don't drink coffee. Guess what will be on the breakfast menu tomorrow morning! Thanks.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:50 AM

Happy Day before my birthday to all of you....(yep it's all about me) lol

I received two more packages yesterday....MWUTeach and Quiltingdragon I think there was a spoiler alert from Jannie my package from Quiltingdragon fills kinda squishy.

Lisa and Jannie...yeah happy to hear that you have both received another package...let me know when the last one arrives...it is expected for everyone to participate....even if they send them really late. That said if anyone is missing any package please let me know. One of the stipulations put on me with the monitor of this board was everyone was suppose to do what they signed up for.

Welcome back Nurse Bonnie and congrats on your new lap top.

Thanks Mariposa, Darcene, and Nurse Bonnie for filling out the questionnaire. Darcene when I saw that you like to do home repair I immediately look to see where you live...I need home repair! I like to do it myself but I find it hard when I need an extra person, I do not have a handy husband.

Next post will be the winner of the 5 fat quarters....
Barb
Old 10-22-2013, 06:00 AM

winner is............................Marybrace.....yeah I will put your fat quarters in the mail....I may have to go shopping

Barb
Old 10-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Hello ladies

I have sent out the November birthday addresses. Please let me know if you did not receive them.

thanks
Barb
Old 10-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Happy Day before my birthday to all of you....(yep it's all about me) lol

I received two more packages yesterday....MWUTeach and Quiltingdragon I think there was a spoiler alert from Jannie my package from Quiltingdragon fills kinda squishy.

Lisa and Jannie...yeah happy to hear that you have both received another package...let me know when the last one arrives...it is expected for everyone to participate....even if they send them really late. That said if anyone is missing any package please let me know. One of the stipulations put on me with the monitor of this board was everyone was suppose to do what they signed up for.

Welcome back Nurse Bonnie and congrats on your new lap top.

Thanks Mariposa, Darcene, and Nurse Bonnie for filling out the questionnaire. Darcene when I saw that you like to do home repair I immediately look to see where you live...I need home repair! I like to do it myself but I find it hard when I need an extra person, I do not have a handy husband.

Next post will be the winner of the 5 fat quarters....
Barb
Barb, yours has something that isn't in anyone else's... and I still have the one from earlier in the year that came back shredded in the post office bag, but nobody from Feb-July has let me know that they haven't gotten theirs, and I posted on the board when I got it back - if your birthday has passed, and you don't have candy from me, please let me know and I will get a replacement out to you asap!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 PM

]winner is............................Marybrace.....yeah I will put your fat quarters in the mail....I may have to go shopping

Geez, I didn't even know I entered a contest....so to find out why I'm receiving such a nice prize I read the posts backward. I'm being rewarded just for filling out a questionnaire. Just filled it out and didn't read the line about winning fat quarters. Had to laugh because in college, we were given an essay test. I was filling up my blue book ad still had some questions to go when others were turning in their tests and leaving......I couldn't believe it but plugged on and used every allotted second. Next class period the tests were returned and the professor made a statement that one person in class didn't trust hrm and answered all 10 questions rather than selecting only 8 as stated in the directions. That was 50 years ago and I still don't read all the directions.

Thanks Barb
Old 10-23-2013, 03:24 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB!!!!! Have a wonderful day opening your gifts.