Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Lara, that is a gorgeous block. That row will be awesome.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Originally Posted by Kehoeta
Lara - you are an artist. You need to give up your day job and spend your time creating these beautiful things for all of us to enjoy.

IMHO.
Aw shucks, thanks Theresa! I'm working on it... plans are in the works to leave the rat race behind. I'll fill you all in once I know something more definitively. But, if I quit my day job, my new day job will be entertaining three little people - so I'm not sure I'll get much more sewing done than I do now!
If entertaining means 3 grandbabies...it is well worth it. I gave up my job and home in Ohio to be the nanny for my 2 grandbabies here. But now they are at the stage I might have to go back to real work fpr my money. :-(
Attached Thumbnails attachment-133537.jpe  
Old 02-10-2011, 06:44 PM

My sewing machine is going to be busy this weeknd repairing my little dogs bed. Take a look.

The culprit - Keegan
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134598[/ATTACH]

She thinks this will hide her bone.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134737[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134593.jpe   attachment-134732.jpe  
Old 02-11-2011, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Boop56
If entertaining means 3 grandbabies...it is well worth it. I gave up my job and home in Ohio to be the nanny for my 2 grandbabies here. But now they are at the stage I might have to go back to real work fpr my money. :-(
Mine aren't grandbabies, they are my babies - 3 year old twins and an 18 month old. They've been in daycare/preschool since they were a few months old, but we may make some changes soon so that I can stay with them. Staying with them is much more fun than working - but they don't leave time for much else.

Your grandbabies are so lucky that you were able to do that for them! I would have loved to have family taking care of my kids. I love the picture - what cuties!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
My sewing machine is going to be busy this weeknd repairing my little dogs bed. Take a look.
I don't see the bone! Success! Looks like you won't just be repairing a dog bed, but you will be making a dog bed! There's nothing left!

Very cute pup - I was just complaining to my husband last night that now that my youngest isn't such a baby anymore I need a puppy. He didn't agree.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:18 AM

I foster puppies and small dogs for a local rescue group here in SE Mich. I have had many dogs go through my house without having to keep them - until Keegan came along. She stole my heart. We already had Trooper - he is a 100 pound lab mix. Keegs is a English bull terrier mix - kind of like the Target dog. She is soooo feisty and funny. I just couldn't let her get adopted by anyone else but me.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Mine aren't grandbabies, they are my babies - 3 year old twins and an 18 month old. They've been in daycare/preschool since they were a few months old, but we may make some changes soon so that I can stay with them. Staying with them is much more fun than working - but they don't leave time for much else.

Your grandbabies are so lucky that you were able to do that for them! I would have loved to have family taking care of my kids. I love the picture - what cuties!
3 year old twins?? Oh my. I have enough with my 3 year old granddaughter. And then an 18 month old? I should say there isn't much time left. But they grow up overnight.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM

Mine aren't grandbabies, they are my babies - 3 year old twins and an 18 month old.
Oh, my, I remember those days. I didn't have twins but when my daughter was born, I also had a 2 year old and a 3 year old. Kept me busy, like I imagine you are busy. I hope you are able to work it out so you can be home with them. Those wonderful days go by so fast and before you know it they'll be 40 years old, like mine are.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:13 PM

I have good and bad news. First the good news...I mailed my row today. :thumbup: The bad news...I mailed it to the wrong person. :thumbdown:

I must have left my brain at home when I went to the post office. I knew Judy was who I needed to mail my row to but for some reason I labeled the mailer to Theresa (she mails to me). So Theresa you should be getting my package around Monday. Will you please forward on to Judy? I will reimburse you for postage, just let me know. I did get delivery confirmation on my package so I can send you the tracking number. I don't know what I was thinking. I walked in to my house and it hit me, OMG I mailed it to the wrong person. Sorry!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by amandab
I have good and bad news. First the good news...I mailed my row today. :thumbup: The bad news...I mailed it to the wrong person. :thumbdown:

I must have left my brain at home when I went to the post office. I knew Judy was who I needed to mail my row to but for some reason I labeled the mailer to Theresa (she mails to me). So Theresa you should be getting my package around Monday. Will you please forward on to Judy? I will reimburse you for postage, just let me know. I did get delivery confirmation on my package so I can send you the tracking number. I don't know what I was thinking. I walked in to my house and it hit me, OMG I mailed it to the wrong person. Sorry!
Those things happen to all of us Amandab at one time or another. Don't worry too much about it. There'll just be a slight delay and it won't be a problem at all.