Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Boy!! everyone's quilts are just stunning. Great group of talanted ladies we have here, can't wait to see the rest.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Woo Hoo, buddy'smom's quilt is back from quilters early!! It turned out so cute, when I get home from work will attach a sneak peak.

I havent posted to the group but will do so now. my bad!

been busy cutting fabric for my boom swap. I was wondering if any of you have Tina Givens Anabella fabric its brown with yellow roses and brown birds on it. also has lime green leaves. if you have it you know it its .. modern-ish. lol. I would love to trade some thing I have for a bit of it if you do so let me know

I cant wait to see the rest of the quilts. This has been wonderful to play in, wonderful to watch now as we are finishing. yahoooo!!!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Sneak Peak for buddy'smom...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by shortmom5; 06-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.

WOW, looks amazing, can't wait to touch & feel it. I know weird. Thank you so much, do you want to mail tomorrow??
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Tomorrow sounds great and no it's not weird that you want to touch and feel, that's what quilts are for.

Blog Entries
    So many of us sent our quilts out to be long-armed. I'd love to compile a list of who you send your quilts to.
    I sent mine to Charisma Horton. She did a great job. (I can't show it to you yet, because my partner and I haven't swapped yet.)
    jillaine

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
    So many of us sent our quilts out to be long-armed. I'd love to compile a list of who you send your quilts to.
    I sent mine to Charisma Horton. She did a great job. (I can't show it to you yet, because my partner and I haven't swapped yet.)
    Mine was quilted by Betty Blankenship

Mine by Jan (JABA) here on the board.
    Linda

mine is being quilted by my mother, Lestrong601, here on the board her name is Lana Strong. Will show pictures when she is done.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    Mine was quilted by myself on my longarm.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Mine was done by Roseann, thequilteddove, she's awesome.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I am working on the slowest part-the binding!!
    Quilted by Roseann-TheQuiltedDove
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    hi im working on mine , doing the quilting, it is taking longer than i thought , i hand uilt, and i am doing a design i created, then i will do the binding, and i just know my partner will love it, i found some stuff i did not think i woudl find and i just know she will be surprised, that is how i am smending my time in y chair, also doing some boom blocks, and a mug rug, just loving this so much, already signed up for the next boom, what i see here is so pretty from everyone, great job ladies, such beautiful work, belssings to all lovngrandma just a sewing and quilting away,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    looking for a swapper who will machine quilt for me a little bigger than a reg lap quilt, for a swap of fabric, fats, chams, are blocks, will be like septemeber, i need to get the backing, i have the top to put togather and have the sashing and all, just have not finished it yet, it is for me, but thought i would set out soem feelers to see if there waas anyone who woudl whare with a swap, , email me , with subject line re-quilt, please so i know and cansave in my specail folder, of what i need toget for swaps are make, [email protected],..... thanks so much,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Mine is on it's way , hope you like your quilt.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Yours left today too, post office said u should have it by Thurs or Fri. Woo hoo

Cool, my PO said the same thang, Thurs.-Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
    Yours left today too, post office said u should have it by Thurs or Fri. Woo hoo
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Wow! Wow! Wow! You all are amazing! I've been awol for some time, & boy! have I missed a lot! So much incredible talent here! The quilts pictured so far are all stunning! I am really enjoying this part of our swap. And what a super great swap idea this is! For so many reasons. Thanks to Jillaine for hosting again.....you rock!

Blog Entries
    I mailed mine today also, should arrive next Tuesday, wonder why the difference? Must be farther to go! My Partner mailed today also and I will get my quilt on Tuesday as well! Doing happy dance!

I feel really good getting a lot of projects finished that have been on the back burner for a while! But I have very sore fingers doing a lot of binding by hand!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I sent mine priority mail because it actually was cheaper than regular 1st class.

I envy all of you who can hand sew binding on, my arthritis just won't let me, thankfully my longarmer puts the binding on for me. I can machine sew binding on but it isn't pretty.

So excited to see photos of everyone's quilt, have a great week all!

Oh I agree, the binding gets me everytime. I still have about 6 quilts to bind.

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    I mailed mine today also, should arrive next Tuesday, wonder why the difference? Must be farther to go! My Partner mailed today also and I will get my quilt on Tuesday as well! Doing happy dance!

I feel really good getting a lot of projects finished that have been on the back burner for a while! But I have very sore fingers doing a lot of binding by hand!
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I know how you feel, my fingers get so stiff when I bind,my arthritis also kicks in. I try and keep my fingers moving but I pay for it. I may have to have my right knee replaced soon, Dr says it gone?? Will wait & see for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
    I sent mine priority mail because it actually was cheaper than regular 1st class.

I envy all of you who can hand sew binding on, my arthritis just won't let me, thankfully my longarmer puts the binding on for me. I can machine sew binding on but it isn't pretty.

So excited to see photos of everyone's quilt, have a great week all!
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

oh that is not a fun surgery buddy's mom! I wonder where that knee went too? you have to keep a leash on those things I think as mine took off on me years ago several times!

when I bind I can do about 2 to 3 hours of hand stitching then the old finger cramps kick in. Suddenly what my fingers go from just being short and stubby to.. CLAWS! like some magic act happens and they just contort into amazingly different shapes that I have to pull and stretch out to turn them back into stubby fingers! but anytime I try to machine stitch my binding down it looks fine on one side and goes on and off on the other. I hate that so its back to being the claw for me. ps love the sneak peak. all those quilted flowers how pretty can't wait to see the entire quilt.
    Linda

I can tell you I'm glad my partner and I have finished our swapping - - - we each have our quilts. Done! I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pics of others' quilts. Jane
    Jane

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 ... LastLast