Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 08-27-2014, 05:19 AM

My birthday month has begun already and it is still August.... Thank you djmat and having the little info strip in the package is just too smart! Cindynub, your sweet treats are ready to jump into my current quilt right now! Onepot, the little "candy" made me smile. Ribbon candy has strong childhood memories for me. TrishB lovely coordinated treats that will blend well with my bin of B & W. DoriDeS, I know a little boy who will like those tractor treats. LStew2212 what a beautiful variety. Thank you so much. As you can see have absolutely not will power. I open every envelope ASAP!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:02 AM

Thank you oneteapot - I received you 'Candies'.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:43 PM

Big Thank You goes out to:
SueZQ.............Djmat.............Cindynub...... ..........LStew2212.............
I giggled all the way home from the mail box the last two days. Love the candies, my day(Sept 4, 1943) is only a week away. I could not wait either, mine are all open. This group has made me smile every day since I signed up last spring........Bless each and everyone of you.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:13 AM

September Buddies, I did it, I did it, I did it! (Picture a little girl with pigtails jumping up and down, piggies flying.) I got the treats in the mail BEFORE the beginning of the month! They went in the mail yesterday.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
Big Thank You goes out to:
SueZQ.............Djmat.............Cindynub...... ..........LStew2212.............
I giggled all the way home from the mail box the last two days. Love the candies, my day(Sept 4, 1943) is only a week away. I could not wait either, mine are all open. This group has made me smile every day since I signed up last spring........Bless each and everyone of you.
I'm mailing your card today... hope you have a happy birthday next week, Trish. I'll hold my others for a couple of weeks, since they are all birthdays late in the month.

I have to ask... WHO is SueZQ? I don't have that name on my list!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:05 AM

Dear Birthday Swap Friends, It's been a very emotional summer. I apologize now to any of you who received your Candies late, please let me know if you didn't receive yours as they were mailed from all over the south & Midwest. Too many funerals this summer of dear close friends. DH sister now in stage 4 and his other sis in terrible freak car accident leaving 2 broken legs, 1 being crushed.
With all this we thought best to move back to mid-west to be better caregivers. I've driven back & forth to FL 3 times! Each morning I have to check my smart phone & check to see if I'm coming or going!!
Needles to say I just haven't checked in on ya'll much since May - I am looking forward to routine.
Only took 2 weeks to sell FL house-today our stuff will be unloaded from moving van into new house (gin & tonic tonight!) So, enough of that.

Reading over past posts-my word! Surgeries & dear pets losses, my heart really goes out to you. Then there are the vacations, reunions and other summer activities too.

I'm mailing all the Sept pkgs today & I hope Patricia will forgive me if hers arrives late.
You are all such a great support. Linda aka Daisy Dew
Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Dear Linda, so sorry for all the troubles. I hope the move and all the unpacking goes smoothly and you are soon settled into your routine again. How kind of you to move closer to family who need you. Glad you're back!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:11 PM

Trishb, I mailed your candy out yesterday, you "should" get it on Friday. I hope you have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
happy birthday early.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:13 PM

I will mail out the other 3 B-candy next week, after I finish cutting them. I hope you like them all.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:17 PM

Daisy drew,
Sorry to hear about your terrible Summer. I hoping your life settles down and my thought and prayers are with you.