Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1798

Thread: 2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Good morning ladies:
    Rec'd 3 more candy packages - Thanks to:
    Jarenie love that pretty Leaf Fall goodie
    bullock2us
    WMUTeach
    Have a great day everyone! Daisy Dew

Happy to see everyone receiving their packages this November.

Barb
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

We have a contest winner......Jannie...congrats your package will be in the mail soon!

Barb
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

I'm so happy!! I finally won. Thanks Barb

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    We have a contest winner......Jannie...congrats your package will be in the mail soon!

Barb

Blog Entries
    I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Friday dinner with friends, Saturday lunch with family and friends, Sunday I had cake and ice cream with my nieces and nephews. My sister baked me a lemon cake and bought the ice cream. Plus I received so many wonderful cards, well wishes, extra goodies and beautiful candy from this group. Plus I found out I won some FQ bundles from a Benartex contest. I have yet to receive them but I am hopeful. LOL

I received squishies yesterday from Jarenie, Bullock2us, WMU Teach and one teapot along with some beautiful cards and extra goodies. Ladies thanks for all of my candy goodness and for contributing to my happy birthday celebration.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

I mailed out my November candy to everyone. I'm sorry some of them are late. But they are in the mail, now. I hope you all had a great day and month. By the way my belief, is I celebrate throughout the whole month and do what I want on my birthday. Plus I never work on my birthday.

I learned something about reorganizing my sewing room. I really need to Label the boxes of stuff, so I know where I put things. I put my completed candy squishes in a safe place and forgot where that was, after I was 2/3 of the way done with my reorganizing. Then I had to go back through what I organize to find them. I found them yesterday. At times I can be so disorganized. LOL. Again sorry for them being late.

I would like like to thank the following members for my birthday candy. Remember, I am not opening up the packages unless I have to to find out who mailed them to me. I'm looking forward to opening them the day after Thanksgiving. KathyM, Trishb, oneteappot, Ncl, wmu torch, Jarenie, and Daisy Dew. I have received a total of 20. If your board was not listed. You may be the one person I could figure out your board name. 1st name begins with J. Again thank-you all for your package. I'm so looking forward to my birthday.

Lstew2212, your candies are going in the mail tomorrow. It's a bit early but it's going to be busy the next week and i want to make sure I don't send too late. Enjoy!

I received one more package for my Oct birthday from Billy Jean. I hope you are feeling better. It's really trying to be sick for a long time. Thank you for taking time to send the candies.

Big Thanks to
    Billie 56 and Nurse Bonnie

only 5 left till completed!

Super cold here hope everyone is safe and warm inside!

Thanks Billie for the candies. They were worth waiting for. Hope you are back on your feet.

I received one more sweet treat from happylab, Thank you. I am so enjoying this swap.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Recvd candies from Billie56 yesterday. Hope you're feeling better to enjoy your Holidays. Everyone stay safe and warm. Even down here in the South it's too cold for me. 32 when I woke up and I have to get out to get my car serviced for Recalls. I can't imagine if i had to get out in the snow, but I guess you get used to it, like I get use to the heat. ( oh, sorry, I love my heat). Waiting for my Dec list so I can get them out early.

HappyLab, I know what you mean. I used to have a sign on my desk at work. Garfield pictured with a mess by his side and the caption read " MY DESK, MY MESS, MY BUSINESS " oh, my supervisor hated it. I try to organized, but I go from one thing to another. I know the minute I put it out of site, I will forget where I put it. I think I work better in a disorderly room. I think my brain works better. If it's too clean and organized, then my brain doesn't have to think, so to keep this old brain working. I'll leave it to a disorderly function. Have a great week everyone and lets hope for some warmer weather for Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries
    More candy goodness received today from happylab, mrshalibut, nurse bonnie and billie56. Thank you so much ladies for my birthday candy.

I only have two more packages to go from benndm and dottiedodge to be complete (omitting pjjandme). This is awesome.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Blog Entries
    Here are two more candy goodness patterns to consider. I will be starting on Floor Plan soon and Lucky Squares is in the works. I have started cutting my 4.5" background squares. There is nothing like mutli-tasking to quickly get hardly anything done.

Lucky Square
    Name:  lucky square 58 x 68.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  232.5 KB

Floor Plan
    Name:  Floor Plan Quilt 58 x 74 2.5 in square.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  60.1 KB
    My Quiltboard Blog

Havplenty, I like both those patterns. Thanks for posting the pictures. Still haven't figured out what I am going to do with my candies yet. They are all sitting in a box waiting to be worked up into something.

Thanks for sharing the pretty quilt patterns, Havplenty.... I have to say how pretty your cat is, too. I LOVE tuxedo cats!

I made my candies into the Arkansas Crossroads I showed you all months ago, but the top is sitting here still unquilted. I've met two ladies with longarms who say I can use them for $10 per quilt, so I hope to quilt that big quilt on a longarm. I envision big overlapping spirals (think crop circles) and I know I cant make them look good with my regular sewing machine.

Stay warm everyone! Here in Mississippi it's below 40 and I heard on the radio today that half the country is under a snowfall!
    Last edited by sewbizgirl; 11-18-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Happylab thanks for the candies seems to me you and I have the same attraction to certain fabs!! Ha Ha recognize many! You may be surprised next month. Will it get warmer before May 2015?! It's been a great month.

Woops, guess you already got those from me was thinking you were Dec. So Happy November.
    Last edited by Daisy Dew; 11-19-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Billie 56, your treats arrived to me ....Monday. Life in southwest Michigan has been all about snow, shoveling and whether to go to work on the icy roads or to stay home and quilt for the past two days. Shame on me, I went to work but my phone only rang once all day at the office. Got lots of little chores out of my way and graded piles of student work. I want to clear my "work work" so I can quilt Friday night, Sunday and on Thanksgiving week-end. One of my quilts from last year's treats is due back to me this week from the long arm quilter, so I will have some binding to do while I enjoy the weather from the comfort of my home. (Barb, The long arm quilter I am using is in Stockbridge, MI and just moved from Dexter. Not too terribly far from your part of the mitten. I made the trip because she has a good reputation and will mail back my piece in... get this, two weeks!)

I am so enjoying hearing about everyone's plans for their little treats. I have absolutely no idea what I will do with them but come January, they will fall into a big pile and be made into something warm to snuggle under.
    Last edited by WMUTeach; 11-19-2014 at 07:46 AM.

[QUOTE=Daisy Dew;6975319]Hi Happylab thanks for the candies seems to me you and I have the same attraction to certain fabs!! Ha Ha recognize many! You may be surprised next month.
    I haven't looked at my candy yet. I have another 9 days before I can open then. I can hardly wait. But I will check you candy and compare. It will be interesting to see what quilt tops we make out of these squares.

Will it get warmer before May 2015?! It's been a great month.
    Not sure exactly where you live, but I counting on it being warmer before may 2015. Where I live, it starts getting warmer in March. Plus our weather changes every 3-5 days. It's a standard joke here, if you don't like the weather, wait it will change soon. We are back up to the mid 30's and over the weekend we should get to the 50's. Then back to the 30's.

I received candy from Bullock2us, and Billie 56. Thank-you very much.

8 more days before the big day and I will open and pet and caress all of my candy. Then the fun part starts. I get to pet and caress more and organize and pet and caress my candy. And pick out a few patterns and start my the quilt tops. Yea!!!! Thank-you everyone who is involved with this swap. I really enjoy following this site.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!

Blog Entries
    My tuxedo cat, Samson, is my scrap loving sewing buddy. Every time I pull out fabric he thinks I do this just for him. He loves lying in my scraps. I want to make him some kind of rag rug with scrap fringes but I need to make sure it does not fray when washed. Have no idea just yet how to do that. Any ideas.

Name:  scraplvr 1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  87.6 KBName:  scraplvr 2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  33.9 KBName:  scraplvr 3.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  84.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Havplenty; 11-20-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Oh Havplenty! Love your little Tuxedo - just the cutest. I'm in Marion, Iowa Brrrrr but love the Midwest.

Hey Mrshalibut - Thanks for those sweet candies!

Samson is adorable! You should change your avatar photo to the one of him asleep in the scraps.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Havplenty, what a sweetheart Sampson is. I bet he is a lot of help in the sewing room too.

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast