Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:49 AM

Wow Barb, you sure have a lot of things happening to you. Maybe we should put you into a big bubble.

Take care of yourself.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:59 AM

Barbara I ran my cutter over my index finger about a year ago. I had just put a new blade in my cutter and was listening to the tv and not paying 100% to what I was doing. But I went to the hospital and had 5 stitches to put the side of my finger back on. At least I didn't cut into the nail bed but it took a long time to heal. And you're are right, it hurt like a .........

Mothers Day weekend must have been the "bug" weekend. I was watching my granddaughter play soccer in MN and my son looks over and says "Mom you have a big black spider on your neck" My husband tried to grab it, it fell down inside my shirt and he all but ripped my shirt off me to get it. Everyone around us had a good laugh but me. The d.... thing wasn't on them! I'm still feeling crawlie things. (big shiver!!!)

On a happier note, the Row by Row Experience sounds like fun. If I can remember it until July. LOL
Old 05-15-2014, 12:35 PM

Barb, thank you for posting the link to the Row by Row Shop Hop. Living in the Twin Cities area of MN finding 8 shops to visit within a reasonable travel distance of eachother will be easy. However, I hope to put together a couple girl weekends and head out of town to visit some of the other shops in the state.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:45 PM

Anoka Quilter let me know if you end up in Michigan...not that far from MN
Old 05-15-2014, 05:39 PM

Wow barb, sounds like you had an exciting time. Glad you had fun with your family, sorry about the bugs. yuch and ouch. My Mother and Father just left my home after a two week visit. Love to have them visit. My mother loves to sew as much as I do, but she sews clothing. While she was here, she wanted me to teach her to quilt. I had her find a simple pattern and buy the material before she arrived. She found a simple pattern but all the material she bought was flannel. ( not my favorite to work with) Her plan was to make the quilt for my nephew in Alaska. Flannel and cold go together. One week later and the quilt is finished. She pieced and I sandwiched,quilted and bound the quilt into the finished product. Turned out really nice and I have made a quilter out of her. Had so much fun, I really miss her. My parents live in GA. and I don't get to see them to often. But had a great time and a great Mother's day.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:21 PM

Barb - sounds like you should just sit in a chair and don't move until you're completely healed. Hope the spider bites don't cause you problems.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

Barb, please wear insect repellant next time you go outside! That spider story gives me the 'willies'...
Old 05-16-2014, 12:18 PM

dottie dodge...I laugh when I read your story about the spider going down your shirt and your husband trying to come to your rescue...
reminds me of a story when my kids where little and we were up North visiting my parents at their cottage in Oscoda Mi we where standing in line at Dairy Queen when I spider slid down it's web and landed on me and went down my shirt. I immediately took off my shirt!!!!!!!! In front of everyone at Dairy Queen. My kids still laugh at that and I am sure that many people while visiting Dairy Queen's talk about the crazy lady afraid of spiders!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
dottie dodge...I laugh when I read your story about the spider going down your shirt and your husband trying to come to your rescue...
reminds me of a story when my kids where little and we were up North visiting my parents at their cottage in Oscoda Mi we where standing in line at Dairy Queen when I spider slid down it's web and landed on me and went down my shirt. I immediately took off my shirt!!!!!!!! In front of everyone at Dairy Queen. My kids still laugh at that and I am sure that many people while visiting Dairy Queen's talk about the crazy lady afraid of spiders!
Oh Barbara, now you made me laugh! That would make the Dairy Queen visit memorable. For everyone! LOL

Shall we tell stories about people losing their clothes? When our oldest was in the 6th grade (he is 47 now) the music teacher was directing their singing and wouldn't you know it she had a wrap around skirt on that slowly came untied. 6th grades being the little sh... they are didn't tell her that was happening. Yep, it dropped to the floor. Those kids still laugh about that today. The good thing was, she at least had a slip on. Slips aren't always worn today.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 AM

Talk about losing your clothes, I went water skiing as a teenager. Wearing a bikini, I had a really hard fall. I lost both my top and my bottoms and wouldn't you know we did not bring any beach towels on the boat. I was mortified. I never wore a bikini again. Took me a long time to get out of the water.