Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 AM

MaT and Bullock2us glad that you have received your package from me and thanks for all the updates. Everyone likes to know that their package has arrived safely.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 AM

Havplenty I will start to save my selvage for you and I will let the ladies at my quilt group know that you need them. The quilt is lovely that you will be putting together.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 AM

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I got to spend mine with both of my kids and their families all weekend. We all went to my son's house ( he is about 2 1/2 hours from me). He lives near lake Michigan and yes the weather was warm (70's) but the water temp at the lake was 43 degrees…my son and grandson went in…. I went only to my knees…my legs were numb! they are crazy! All of the great lakes froze this year….that has not happened in over 40 years! It was one crazy cold winter. Our spring is also crazy with a lot of rain and storms. we had a storm go thru and hit the house were I nanny. It uprooted trees and side walks. I was luckily off yesterday when the storm came through. the tree the crashed down in their front yard and it landed exactly were I park my car before I get the kids. I leave at 3:05 to get the kids and the tree fell down at 3:05 !!!!!! so I am feeling very lucky!!!

happy to be here….Barb
Old 05-14-2014, 07:46 AM

Barb thanks for the selvage savers. They will be put to very good use.

Glad you had some family time with your children and grandchildren. It is a moment of refreshing for us and a time to reflect on our blessings.

Also, glad that you were not part of any disaster. The neighborhood I raised my children in was struck by a tornado over a month ago. I drove through and saw the devastation to my former neighbors homes. It was eye opening.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

Barbara your Mother's Day sounds wonderful. I'll be visiting all my kids this weekend and we will get to do some special things together then. It's such a blessing to have three wonderful grown children and a great son-in-law too. Glad all you lost back home was a tree!

We are in the area that was hit by tornadoes recently. The next town over had around 28 buildings destroyed, including homes and large businesses. We were lucky so I'm trying to get a couple of quick quilts made up to donate to Quilts of Compassion for those who lost their homes and everything they own.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:20 AM

Hi I just got home from Mammouth Springs Arkansas. Camping, fishing and visiting a great fabric store there.
Fishing was slower than normal in the spring but still caught several trout. Camping was very relaxing which was needed after having graduation party for twin granddaughters May 4.

I have just mailed my May birthday packages. Karen G sorry it will be late. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

barbarakibler23 I have received my prize package. Thanks I love the fabric. Thank You for all your hard work.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:41 PM

Still Playing Katsup am looking forward to playing Mustard.
All of the May birthday packages went out today. The fun was in finding my fabric. My grandson cleaned house while I was away. I may never find everything.
Happy Birthday to all of you for May
Old 05-15-2014, 08:19 AM

Hi Everyone

found this and thought it sounded like fun....http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com

Have any of you done this "row by row experience before??? it is an all summer shop hop...no fee just go to the participating shops and pick up a pattern.

go and check it out! sounds like fun and my quilt shop is a participant!

let me know if you are going to try and play along......
Old 05-15-2014, 08:20 AM

I have not heard from Karen yet to see who she received packages from. I will do the contest as soon as I do. I will keep you all informed
Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 AM

btw.........your fearless (clumsy) leader cut the tip of my finger off last night at quilting. With my rotary cutter....hurt like a ........ come on tell me has anyone else done this??? It is okay did not go to the hospital. and yes it is a finger on my broken arm!!!! I was cutting white fabric......and did not spill a drop of blood on it!!!!

okay and while I am fessing up about my luck.....on Saturday we were on a bus trip with my kids to see the Tulips in Holland MI . A spider crawled up my pant leg and bit me on my ankle (3 times) then crawled up higher and bit behind my knee 2 times......then crawled up higher and bit me on my inner thigh 4 times. Meanwhile I am on a bus with lots of people. I am smacking my leg and did a dance. I was afraid it was gonna go higher!!!!! So I sat on it. Found the dead spider on my butt...good thing I had underwear on! My family thought I was making the whole thing up until I showed them the bites and the dead culprit!

Okay then on Sunday...Mother's Day. I decided to make the cement stones for my daughter and daughter inlaw . SO I took the kids outside to the patio near the garage ...we are making the cement and and decorating with hands/feet and gems. Small black flies are all around landing on me. Not bothering anyone else. My son walks down to the patio and says "Mom you are bleeding all over" The flies were biting me....I have 23 fly bites. very itchy! 10 people there and I am the ONLY one with fly bites. I guess I am sweet or maybe just full of sh..... (you know fly's like sh...).

Hope everyone is having a nice day!!!!!!!!