Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 10-29-2014, 05:54 AM

I will keep an eye out for it....thanks
Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
Received a beautiful card and Candies from Nurse Bonnie yesterday. Prayers for better health for your Dad. Mine also is in an Assisted Living home, and several times I've had to run to stay with him in hospital. Almost 88 and his short term memory is getting worst as the months go by. But I love listening to his stories of the past. When the Angels take him, I know that is what I'm gonna miss. But I will hold onto the memories forever.

Oh, Barb, I just noticed this am, as I was cleaning my table, your envelope is still sitting there. ( stuck under some fabric- go figure). I must of dropped it by mistake when I gave to DH to mail. I know the others got theirs. Will be in mail today. Getting Nov's ready for next weeks shipment.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:00 AM

happy to see packages arriving to everyone that is waiting!

I have some thank you to pass out....

WMUteach
lstew2212
karen g
trish b
nurse bonnie

Yeah...I believe I am waiting on....4 packages! I did send a letter through snail mail to "pjjandme" letting her know of her commitment that she has not fulfilled . I will let you all know if I get any response back. This did not happen in last years swap. I hope that she is okay. Can't imagine anyone would just not send packages out on purpose. ????
Old 10-29-2014, 06:29 AM

Some additional thank yous... Nurse Bonnie and Quilter Day By Day, your little packages arrived and now I have even more little treats to put to use this winter.

Just as an aside: At my quilt guild meeting this week, we were discussing our plans to finish a friendship quilt for member who has moved out of state to be with her grand children. Well, on the list of needed donations to finish the quilt was 60+ 2.5 squares. I raised my hand and the whole group did a "DUHHHH" because the KNOW how may of these I have. A shoe box full that are NOT birthday treats. Well, I will be donating but NOT from my birthday treats that you all have sent to me! Those are special and for other projects. These gals have all been ever so encouraging and patient as I used up last years treats and then I told them this year I have even more to use!!!! Just loved seeing their faces! There are considering my sanity.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:41 AM

Glad to know you received them. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
I wish to thank havplenty, nurse bonnie, and havplenty for late birthday September candies. You have made my day.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:43 AM

You have your hands full with November birthdays. I forgot to add my younger son is a November birthday. Glad he will not be reading this and know I inadvertently left him off the list.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Haveplenty, I understand November birthdays: Two daughters, one son-in-law, brother, niece, nephew, and one grandson. Then toss in Thanksgiving and ....well November is busy, busy, busy with celebrations. (Just for a giggle , when my daughter told me that the man she wanted to marry had a November birthday, I told it that was confirmation that he must be the "one"! His birthday was November and no one had claimed that day yet! He is a peach and they gave me a November 1 grandson.)
Old 10-29-2014, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Some additional thank yous... Nurse Bonnie and Quilter Day By Day, your little packages arrived and now I have even more little treats to put to use this winter.
Did you receive the ones I mailed to you? I didn't see my name on your list.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM

Does anyone in this group repurpose shirts to quilt with? The last couple of estate sales I went to, I grabbed all the remaining shirts for the bag sale to give away on this board. I took them straight to the laundromat and washed in hot water and put them in my trunk were they remain. Now with the holidays coming up I will need my trunk space so the shirts need to go.

I am offering to this group first. If no one is interested then I will offer to the quiltboard community as I know many repurpose shirts for quilting. I can fill a medium flat rate box for postage of $12.65. Let me know.

Last edited by Havplenty; 10-29-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:26 AM

I just mailed my Novembr birthday packages out,I know it is early but I didn't want to forget anyone.
Everyone should get them on the 1st.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:10 PM

I received 3 more packages today. Quilter day by day, thanks for the candies and extra beautiful fabric. I love it.
Nurse Bonnie and LStew2212, thanks for the great assortment of candies and cards.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:27 PM
maT

today I sent out all of the November birthday envelopes !! ENJOY !