Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

So who figured out all the answers to our last contest puzzle? I am dying to know the quilt names for "female pal" and "wrong building deed". Just couldn't get those two!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 PM

Great idea Havplenty!
Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
Since I had to go to the post office today anyway, I have mailed the 3 November packages out today. I know they are early but November is a very busy month for me with family birthdays and holiday celebrations. My brother, mother, her husband and I all have birthdays in November. Though my mother and her husband have since passed on, my siblings and I still celebrate in memory of them. So better early for me than scrambling in November to get things mailed on time.

You can always wait to open them.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Barbara, can you tell us the names of the quilts from the last puzzle? "I puzzled and puzzed, till my puzzler was sore"... (quoting the Grinch) but could only get the second one, Irish Chain. What were the first and third?
ANSWER:
A female pal (MAPLE LEAF) sat in his chair (IRISH CHAIN) holding the wrong building deed. (DOUBLE WEDDING RING)
Old 10-27-2014, 07:39 PM

thanks for letting me know that they are mailed out bjsmith57...have safe travels.
Barb

Originally Posted by bjsmith57 View Post
Thank you Barb for the November birthday addresses. I sent out all (4) four of the November birthday candies today, Mon. 10/27; as I will be traveling the first two weeks next month (November) and wanted to ensure they were received timely

Ladies have a great November birthday.

bjsmith57
Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 PM

Nurse Bonnie, thanks for the candies. It was worth waiting for. I know things happen but hope everything is working out.

I also got November B'day list and will get the candies ready to mail.

Last edited by Jannie; 10-27-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:16 AM

Received a beautiful card and Candies from Nurse Bonnie yesterday. Prayers for better health for your Dad. Mine also is in an Assisted Living home, and several times I've had to run to stay with him in hospital. Almost 88 and his short term memory is getting worst as the months go by. But I love listening to his stories of the past. When the Angels take him, I know that is what I'm gonna miss. But I will hold onto the memories forever.

Oh, Barb, I just noticed this am, as I was cleaning my table, your envelope is still sitting there. ( stuck under some fabric- go figure). I must of dropped it by mistake when I gave to DH to mail. I know the others got theirs. Will be in mail today. Getting Nov's ready for next weeks shipment.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:26 AM

Haveplenty, I understand November birthdays: Two daughters, one son-in-law, brother, niece, nephew, and one grandson. Then toss in Thanksgiving and ....well November is busy, busy, busy with celebrations. (Just for a giggle , when my daughter told me that the man she wanted to marry had a November birthday, I told it that was confirmation that he must be the "one"! His birthday was November and no one had claimed that day yet! He is a peach and they gave me a November 1 grandson.)
Old 10-28-2014, 12:10 PM

I wish to thank havplenty, nurse bonnie, and havplenty for late birthday September candies. You have made my day.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the puzzle answers, Barb. I think it's harder to decipher them from real words than when they are just a senseless jumble.

Prayers for the Dads in assisted living!
Old 10-28-2014, 01:01 PM

I agree but I thought the 2 shorter ones were harder though than the long one. The word "weed" jumped out at me from the first letter of the long phrase and the last word. Weed became wed and then it was easy. The others were more of a struggle. Fun though!!!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thank you for the puzzle answers, Barb. I think it's harder to decipher them from real words than when they are just a senseless jumble.