Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 03-10-2015, 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=WMUTeach;7122443]Not crazy about being first and certainly don't want to be last, soooooo here I go!

WMUTeach...you are not the first....look back in the posts the bio's start on post 164!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:55 PM

I'm married to the greatest guy. Between us we have six children and 5 grandchildren. We are both retired, he is retired from the military and also an electrician and I am a retired nurse. I now do longarm quilting for the public.

My favorite color(s) are blues, greens and purples. I really do love all colors though. My favorite quilt is always the on I just finished!

We share our home with two miniature Dachshunds, the female is Lucy and she is a red long hair and the male is Mac and he is a red smooth. Mac is about 3, he's a rescue and keeps us laughing all the time. Lucy is 11 and slowing down in her later years but still just as sweet as she can be.

I belong to our local guild and I host a bee at my home and attend several others. I attend classes at the Bernina store in Las Cruces, NM once or twice a month, so I keep busy.

Favorite TV IS Game of Thrones and Outlander, both returning in April.

Thank you for allowing me to join the swap, I know it's going to be fun getting to know everyone.
Michellesews
Old 03-11-2015, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

Your little doxies are adorable, Michelle!
Old 03-11-2015, 04:55 AM

My family:
I married my high school sweetheart and best friend Steve 26 years ago we have 2 children a son Jordan who has his own home in our town and can see him regularly, and a daughter Halie, who is 21 and just moved back home with us after being diagnosed with a rare disease called Susac ( about 400 world wide) I know we told her with those odds she should play the lottery, but love having them both close no matter what the reasons are.
Color: I dont like this question because I like them all but I gravitate to greens for some reason.
Quilt: Well i just finished a block of the month called ASTERIA and it was a challenge but I absolutely love it and am waiting for that to be quilted.
TV show: Scandal and Blacklist I cant pick
Furry friend: We have an outside Black lab that fetches all day long or until your arm is sore from throwing and and inside little Havanese named Macy she is my little lap dog and thinks she is a running mate and by the end of March we wil be adding to the mix with a silver lab for my daughter and the name is to be determined either Cara, Stella, or
Grey we are waiting to see which fits her best. What do you all think?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513192[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 03-11-2015, 07:20 AM

I vote Stella ....she is adorable

I was told when naming an animal you should go to your door and yell out the name and see which one sounds best....

STELLAAAAAAA

I think it works
Old 03-11-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by J_cody View Post
My family:
I married my high school sweetheart and best friend Steve 26 years ago we have 2 children a son Jordan who has his own home in our town and can see him regularly, and a daughter Halie, who is 21 and just moved back home with us after being diagnosed with a rare disease called Susac ( about 400 world wide) I know we told her with those odds she should play the lottery, but love having them both close no matter what the reasons are.
Color: I dont like this question because I like them all but I gravitate to greens for some reason.
Quilt: Well i just finished a block of the month called ASTERIA and it was a challenge but I absolutely love it and am waiting for that to be quilted.
TV show: Scandal and Blacklist I cant pick
Furry friend: We have an outside Black lab that fetches all day long or until your arm is sore from throwing and and inside little Havanese named Macy she is my little lap dog and thinks she is a running mate and by the end of March we wil be adding to the mix with a silver lab for my daughter and the name is to be determined either Cara, Stella, or
Grey we are waiting to see which fits her best. What do you all think?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513192[/ATTACH]
Blue! love those eyes. keep us posted
Old 03-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Oh that puppy is adorable! Love those eyes! I vote for Stella, too.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:00 AM

Okay here goes:
Can't remember a time when I didn't do some type of needlework. I'm left handed and learning to crochet from my mom I would sit across from her, mirror image, and practice my chain. Embroidery work started at age 4 or 5 the "Sampler".
Being pregnant winter of 1965 I embroidered 12 nursery rhyme blocks - went to the library and checked out a book all about quilting. No one I knew quilted at that time. Bought my "baby green" sashing fabric cause had to be neutral for a boy or a girl, but I just knew I'd have my Anne! Scissors in hand cut the strips and boarder. Very primitive hand quilting stitches and voila my 1st and most favorite quilt along with my Anne were born.
My wonderful Bob and I went on to welcome three additional children Bryan, William & Jennifer. I hope they are planning something for our big 5 0 this May. Then there are the GKs Jordan, Daniel, Jacob, Darian, Emma, Grace and Cierra.

I've always been a little partial to green. I asked my mom to make a mint green dress for me for one of my piano recitals. My 1st quilt had green sashings, boarder and backing. Mm there seems to be a green thread running through this. Plus I'm a farmers daughter and along with my DH am a master gardener through Iowa State Univ.

DH & I would never miss an episode of Victory Garden, public TV no new one now however I guess we are all getting too old. Visited Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain GA where the Southern episodes were filmed, what fun and how beautiful. We are great fans of Public TV IPTV Doc Martin, Foleys War, Fons & Porter love the British shows get them also on Netflex.

Many pets over the years my sweet Daisy, alas my QB name, sweetest Lhasa Apso was with me for 17 1/2 years. She never knew she was short! Now because Lhasas live so long we adopt adult dogs whose elderly humans can no longer care for them. We have 2 now Ozzie the great and powerful and Reggie the clown. They are brothers from other mothers but came as a set from the same home. Then last but not lease there is Cinder Suzie the feline, guess what color she is! Now Cinder was the runt of the litter and all the rest picked on her and her days on earth would have been few. These were farm feral cats. We at that time lived on an acreage. One day I knew there would be terrible trouble so I went to the door and asked Cinder if she would like to come in, she did and has not been out of doors since. True story she acted like she had always been a house cat- she will be 11 the 6th of June. Her dad was a manx thus Cinder has no tail. But if she could talk she would tell tall tales. Just had to get that in!

I think I covered it all and then some.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:21 PM

I like Abbie for a puppy that is what I named mine and she is a cutie!
Old 03-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

You are a wonderful story-teller, Daisy Dew!