Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 AM

yes you are right! ajakol: Goodchild

Originally Posted by Karen G View Post
No Good child on my list! Might be Judy G, aka ajakol?
Old 05-04-2015, 11:56 AM

Michelle sews.... have fun with your new toy. I would love to have a long arm quilter! II will keep on dreaming!!!!

Originally Posted by Michellesews View Post
Hi All! Michellesews here in sunny El Paso, Texas. We are celebrating a small rain last night, however! My DH had discs replaced in his neck the last day of March so we are working on recovery with him. I have decided to upgrade my longarm so I am in the process of selling my A-1 Elite Platinum that I have been so close to since 2006! It's kind of like having a son leave home! Lol. But I'm excited to be entering the world of modern computerized quilting as well. I have "candies" swirling around in my head asking, what will you do with me when you get yours? The possibilities are endless and I so much appreciate the pictures of what others have done with theirs! Keep them coming! Have a grand May everyone!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:57 AM

I am hoping for Charlotte. (I heard it was in the running)

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Mailed the remaining bd pkgs today. In the process of remodeling this ugly house so if I miss saying it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF YOU MAY BABIES! Hope the new UK baby is named Mary.
hugs,
dj
Old 05-04-2015, 12:04 PM

Thanks for all the checking in ladies!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, We actually had beautiful weather this past weekend. I went to a Plow day party...never went to one of those before..... 8 plows were digging up large fields. There were old and new tractors. I even got to drive a tractor.!!!!

Tell us about your weekend.

Barb
Old 05-04-2015, 02:36 PM

Jaba, it seems as though you enjoyed you day. I think you should continue to celebrate the birthday month though. Take yourself out to your favorite resturant, buy that quilt project fabric you have been wanting for months/ or years, or take that mini vacation you have been wanting to go on, but just put off.

Barb, seems like you had fun on the Plow day.

Anaka, thank-you for sharing the lovely pattern. I will add that to my list of potentials. I too figure I will be in several swaps for the next few years, if I plan on making several of these quilts.

Jaba and everyone else doing the swoon quilt sew a-long. I love your swoon quilt tops. I am on step three. I too decided to use 2 1/2" squares. I decided to make my top from 4 colors. Red, blue, green, and white/off white/tan christmas fabric. I'll post my progress on the swoon follow-along. Then I will post the completed project here after I complete the project. So far I just love the this project. I did use several squares from last year's swaps.

Congrates to to the winner of the contest. If you like, you can PM me with what the secret prize was. I can keep a secret. I promise. LOL

Everyone, have fun sewing and quilting.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

Happylab, no fair! LOL. You have to win a prize to find out what it is. Keep trying!

My weekend was great! I went to Memphis to see my kids, and also to do some fabric procurement. The weather was fantastic. Speaking of Plow Day, while we were driving across Arkansas to get to Marshalls we drove through miles and miles of farmland. The farmers were all 'disc'-ing their cotton fields for planting. SO. MUCH. DUST. Miles of dust clouds, raised by that discing. We do need all that lovely cotton grown to keep the good quilting fabric coming. Hope Plow Day was much less dusty.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:57 PM

Boy, I hit the jackpot today! There are envelopes from:

Lv2Sew2011
TrishB
JaniceMcC
WMUTeach
J_Cody
Goodchild / ajakol
NoraB - That's a big envelope!

16 loooog days until my birthday, and my yummy stack of envelopes is staring at me. Patience is NOT one of my virtues! LOL! I must resist. I must resist.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:14 PM

I mailed out candies today to Moonrise and MaT
Old 05-04-2015, 08:33 PM

Just checking in. I worked on organizing my scraps this weekend...a never-ending task. I make bead bags for "Beads of Courage" an organization for children with cancer. Check out their website. It's a great way to recycle larger scraps. Anything I have left is cut into strips for future projects AND candy swaps. Have a great week.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:01 PM

Happylab...I look forward to seeing your swoon quilt....you are all making me feel like I missed out on something special. The quilts have been beautiful from the swoon sew along.

Patrick's mom...I will go and check out "beads of courage" thanks for sharing.

Barb

Last edited by barbarakibler23; 05-04-2015 at 09:04 PM.