Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap

2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 09-14-2019, 09:43 AM

Hello - I feel like I fell off the end of the earth - or maybe I was just with CrispyFrog in jail! We have arrived safely back in Arizona. Had a wonderful yet hectic summer on the East End of Long Island NY - Really enjoyed the time spent with family and friends at the beaches. But alas - we needed to get back to the house so my mother can fly in and spend the next 8 months here with us.
I have missed my sewing and creating so very much - but totally no time for it this trip. Now I sit at my desk/sewing table and try to catch up with online forums and patterns. I also have this pile of envelopes that have been waiting for me to open. I could not bring myself to look at them, knowing I couldn't play with them!
I have my two projects lined up - the scrappy irish quilt and the valentine quilt. And that is where I will start!
Have a wonderful day -
Old 09-16-2019, 03:05 AM

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:32 AM

And good Morning back to you and to everyone else! Busy weekend which was fun, but I am now paying for it! MIL and SIL come to town for the college football game - a very fun win! and to watch my daughter who is in the marching band. Beautiful weather, fun tailgating, great game....and then the next day it hits - stuffed up nose, can't sleep. I hate whatever is dying outside and making me a mess. We have nice weather this week and I would like to enjoy it!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:43 PM

Barbara, hope your Mother is on the mend and doing better. With her heart working overtime maybe she is lacking oxygen in her blood. If she is, it would produce the same signs and give her problems with passing out or getting dizzy. Just a thought you might want to check out.
Traveling Grandma, welcome home. Now you can get back in the swing of things and start sewing again. We'll be leaving for the winter in Florida soon. Sure wish you were still there so we could go fabric shopping again.
Macybaby, I decided to do that quilt from Connecting Threads. For the size they stated they must have used 3" blocks so with the 2 1/2" I'll just have to make more rounds. I knew I didn't have enough lights so I am doing mine with the strips instead and then use the candies for the colored part. Goes together pretty fast but it will take awhile to get it to the size I want. Anyway here's a start for you to see.[ATTACH=CONFIG]617477[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf4104.jpg  
Old 09-16-2019, 06:02 PM

Jaba, I like the tan sashing! Refreshing change. Surely you have looked at the Weddingdressblue website. Wander around the site. It has so many quilts that are variations of the one you are creating. I have used a number of her designs. I started one this morning call 100 Hugs, a quick baby quilt that uses 2.5 squares. Mine is red, white, blue for a baby arriving in a couple of months. This was fast enough that this pattern may become my "go to" quick baby quilt and it uses 212 little 2.5's. I'll post a picture later this week when the top is finished.

https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.c...ed-hugs-quilt/
Old 09-16-2019, 06:45 PM

So glad to know you were not kidnapped. . That would really be a bad day. But one of the things about being late for a birthday is I don't do an on-time drawing. Hope you get all your cutting done soon.

Barb

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
To TrishB and all- just to be clear...I really wasn't in Turkey and I really wasn't in jail. That was intended as a joke. My reason for not getting Trishb's candies done on time was much worse. I didn't have any excuse other than I was being too lazy to cut candies and get them in the mail on time for her birthday. I am sorry Trish. I am glad you have them now.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:08 PM

Hi everyone,
Glad to see all of the packages are almost all in for September.

Update on my mom:
Monday Sept 9th they sent her home. It was really hard to give her all the care she needed. She had a hard time with the pain medicine it would make her sick to her stomach. She stopped eating and lost 10lbs in a week.
Sunday Sept 15 my mom ended up back in the hospital. She is not eating very much and the medicine is not agree with her digestive system. no BM in 1 week. It is really hard to see her in such pain.

Barb
Old 09-16-2019, 07:20 PM

CrazyConnie let me know that she has received the following:

Gaijin
Jane Quilter
Lstew2212
Queenbarbiej
IrishMom
oldcatlady
macybaby
travelinggramma
gramE
RosemaryAttaway
MizMelly
barbarakibler23
lottieparker
Pattyjo
jaba
Jennr8r
Patrick's Mom
PamelaOry
Cheesehead
Cuppy
hav4boys

Connie had an adult grandson pass away last week. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Barb<3

She will not update this list for a few days past her birthday.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:24 PM

I bet she is miserable,hope the hospital can get it figured out. WMUTeach, never been to that web site but I’ll check it out tomorrow
Old 09-17-2019, 10:35 AM

Just checking in. Have a great day everyone.