Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap

2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 02-27-2019, 07:25 AM

Please spell my name with all caps: JENNR8R

Thanks Barb!
Old 02-27-2019, 11:29 AM

I’m pulling up the rear again, I see! Lol. Thanks for the list, Barb.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:06 PM

That's the Barb we know! Thanks for the list. Made my little chart to keep track of mailings and ready to go!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-27-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-28-2019, 05:59 AM

Thank you for the list. It makes life so much easier. Now to make a chart.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the list. My board name is all lower case: trish b This is my fifth year I believe, I'm looking forward to some fun.
March Birthday Candies are in the mail today.

Last edited by trish b; 02-28-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:08 PM

Got my first envelop ready to go. Will drop it off to the post office on my way home from work tonight. Fingers crossed that it will arrive on time.

Now on to stuff the remaining envelops a little smoother and a whole lot faster!
Old 02-28-2019, 04:35 PM

Good Evening Everybody! I am finally back from the quilting retreat and what a treat it was. Only exception is that it rained alot, and was soggy and gloomy for 3 days. It was a mixture of rain, hail then snow! Until the day before I was leaving the sun finally came out and it was just beautiful, cold but beautiful. I was staying at the Vina de Lestonnac center and it is nestled in the mountains in Temecula California. The Traveling Quilters hold this retreat. Look them up if you have not heard of them and love to attend retreats. But I warn you that if you go in February please take long sleeves, a coat, umbrella, and a fan forced heater for your room! Burrrr it was cold. Everyday practically at around 6-7am the hot air balloons would take flight over the beautiful mountains. They just seemed to glow as the morning sun came over the top of the mountains. It was my first time to attend this retreat and I hope to return sometime. Sooooo, upon getting home my husband sent me a photo of a stack of mail just waiting for my arrival. I was so anxious to get home that you have no idea.

Here is a listing of the candies I have received so far as of today the 28th of February.

1. Deborah - Gaijin made me the cutest selvage zipper pouch and stuffed it with my candies and card! It is so beautiful and the candies were so sweet! The zipper pouch immediately became part of my usual sit n sew items ( so I can show it off of course) that I take with me and is now residing with my featherweight "Stella" waiting to go. Thank you so much Deborah I just love it so much and wish I could put a zipper in like you but they just frustrate the dickens out of me :c)
2. Phyllis - Sunrise450 sent me a huge funny card that really describes me lol and it was stuffed full of beautiful candies. I love how you packaged them I think I will copy you :C) Thank you so much Phyllis!! PS the first part of the card mentioned a strict exercise regimen umm nope not me Tee Hee
3. Patrick's Mom - as I was looking over your beautiful candies you sent me I noticed that I have a couple of them! Goes to show that great minds think alike :C) Thank you so much they are all beautiful.
4. Jessica - QueenbarbieJ The bright and cherry card and candies arrived today! I just loved the card and the candies. They are all so beautiful and so thoughtful. Thank you Jessica so much :C)
5. Janet - Jane Quilter Thank you for the Birthday Blessings and the beautiful candies I simply cannot wait to get started on a quilt using each and every candy that I receive they are ALL wonderful. Thank you so much :C)
6. Penny - Oldcatlady I got your package today and it was the only one today. I was so anxious to open it and see what was waiting inside the envelope. My hubby watched me open it up and said I looked like a kid in a candy shop lol. Little did he know that there was indeed candies inside...just no the edible ones lol Thank you Penny for the beautiful card and wonderful candies :C)
7. Audrey - Aborning I absolutely loved the homemade birthday card! It was so very cute and I sure wish I could get my hands on that cupcake! lol The candies inside are so beautiful and I have 3 of them in my stash as well. Another great mind thinks like me :C) Thank you so much Audrey!
8. PamelaOry - the card and is so dang cute I just love it and so does my granddaughter the pooch on the front looks like her puppy Oreo. Your fabrics are so very bright and cheery and the needles were so needed. How did you read my mind anyway and know I needed some lol. Thank you so much Pamela for the extra goodie :C)
9. JENNR8R - I just had to laugh out loud at your card about the troubles lasting as long as my New Years Resolutions. I started the Keto diet last August and it was supposed to be my New Years Resolution but I started early. I sure hope my troubles do not last as long as I have been on this diet lol. Is this your quilt that you made on the front of the card? If so, is it made from all the candies from a previous round? It is just gorgeous! I have been thinking of several patterns I would love to make with all of these candies I just cannot make up my mind which one yet lol. Thank You so much Jennifer :C)
10. Janice - Janice McC Thank you for the candies that are just beautiful and are bringing much color to my candies that I received. I also just loved your homemade Birthday Card as well. Thank you so very much :C) PS I have the same strawberry fabric as curtains in my kitchen :C)
11. Pat - GramE All these bright colors are certainly scrumptious that's for sure. If I keep getting all these cards with cakes, cookies and cupcakes I am going to go off my Keto Diet and eat me a cupcake! Thank You so much Pat!:C)
12. Kathy - HAV4Boys I used to have a pink bicycle with handle bar tassels just like this one when I was a child with a basket on the front that I carried my doll in. This card reminded me of this. Thank you for the fond remembrance of that. The candies inside the card are just beautiful as well. I absolutely just loved the cat faces and the sewing notions yellow candies especially. They are so dang cute. Thank you so much Kathy :C)
13. Carolyn - Cuppy Your card is so cute I just love the "fussy cut"that you created and made my card with how creative was this! Now, can I use that fabric? Uh no! I shall put this card on the wall I just love it so much. The candies are beautiful and are playing nicely with all the other candies that I have received so far. I cannot wait to get started on a project. Thank you so much Carolyn! :C)

Well that's all for tonight so far that I have received. It has been so much fun opening up my envelopes. I think that the rest of them that I receive I will wait and open them on March 5 on my husbands and mine birthday. Yep, that's right we share the very same birthday. Weird huh?? He is 5 years older that I and I made him prove it when we met with showing me his driver's license lol :C)
Thank you so very much everybody for everything you have so lovingly I appreciate each and every little candy!
Quilty Hugs,
Brenda "Juststitchin"

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-28-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-28-2019, 05:13 PM

Hello redstilettos! I am anxiously awaiting the remaining little candies to arrive. I am saving them to open on March 5! That way I have something to open On my birthday lol.
Quilty Hugs
Brenda "Juststitchin"

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-28-2019 at 06:57 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-28-2019, 05:56 PM

Happy to see the birthday candies coming in.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:07 AM

Please check the list ...travelinggramma will not have an address in August...yep she will be traveling. So we gave her a new birthday ...July 10th. She will be at her mom's house until July 20th.
everyone else's name should be fixed as well.

barb

March

5: Juststitchin

April
10: Redstilettos
24: Sunrise450

May
1: Jaba
13: Macybaby
14: Irish Mom
23: Gaijin

June