Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 04-30-2021, 09:27 AM

Thanks everyone who answered about the flannel wall. I don't have access to anything other then online cause I'm 1 hour from the stores and don't drive and on top of that Covid LH has me strapped to the machines. I have to wait until someone is going down and they have to want to detour for me. Walmart seem to be $14 to 50 online they are 54x108 so I need two. The $14 is for a white one.

WMuTech, why the insulation? What's it for? I seem to be allergic. When I was younger I used to be able to climb into the attic and would always come down itchy and in need of a shower. :-)
Old 04-30-2021, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post

I don't know if it's my post office or something else, but three out of the five envelopes were ripped. Nothing fell out, but I wanted to make you aware. One was the entire right side, one about an inch on the bottom, and the other went from the bottom of the envelope up about 25% into the envelope - on the front and the back! The two that did not have any rips were the yellow office envelopes.
The current postmaster changed out sorting equipment. Mail has been in tatters ever since. I taped my envelope. Did that help it at all? Mine was not a yellow office envelope.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:39 AM

Did they arrive intact? I am particularly concerned about whether or not my envelope held up with the tape that I added. I am very glad it got there!!!
Old 04-30-2021, 12:09 PM

Good afternoon everyone. My candies will go out tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Did they arrive intact? I am particularly concerned about whether or not my envelope held up with the tape that I added. I am very glad it got there!!!
ibex - it was intact, but it was ripped. Yours was the rip on the bottom the ran up the middle of the front and back by about 2 inches on each side. The rip started in the area between your two pieces of tape. In addition part of your flap ripped as well. And I just noticed an inch rip on the left side thru the tape! Maybe Edward Scissorshands is working for the Post Office now. Your card has gone thru a lot to get to me!

It seemed all three of the envelopes with rips were kind of crumpled, etc. I even wondered if they had been in a high moisture/rain area - they all seemed not as stable as an envelope should be, if that makes sense. Another card which had a rip on the bottom was taped on all sides. I could tell you all took a lot of care and attention to getting your cards out proper, and it was sad to see what happened to them along the way.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:04 PM

Macy B The insulation is the quilt wall. You and push pins into it. it is firm, but very light weight. Mine is not attached to the wall, but some quilters do put them on the wall in a semi-permanent way.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:25 AM

I have received so far:

April 27th: Patricks Mom
April 27th: barbarakibler23
April 28th: WMUTeach
April 28th: ibex94
April 28th: NZquilteR
April 30th: macybaby
April 30th: AHWu

Thank you all!

Deborah
Old 05-01-2021, 05:11 AM

Ladies, it will help everyone it you would tell us who the sender was when a package arrives damaged. The tear will not likely be the fault of sender, but it will help every one to know if a heavier envelop is needed. You can post here or PM the sender so they are aware their envelops are being damaged. Thanks, All.

Have a beautiful week-end. Happy May Day!!
Old 05-01-2021, 08:39 AM

Today was no bills, but lots of envelopes!

MacyBaby
Cuppy
TravelingGramma
YarnFairy
AHWU
Gaijin

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2021, 03:35 PM

I have received so far:

April 27th: Patricks Mom
April 27th: barbarakibler23
April 28th: WMUTeach