Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 05-01-2021, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the detailed info Irishmom. Looks like I'm switching to the yellow craft envelopes. What a shame that the post office is not using its normally less destructive sorters. It might be the way letters are shipped around the country, too. If the trucks are leaking, that will damage mail easily as you described.

I am thrilled that none of the candies went missing!
Old 05-01-2021, 05:34 PM

I was at the Dollar Store yesterday with my daughter and picked up some additional brown envelopes, 6 for a dollar and they have sticky tape and not the metal clasp on the flap.. Yeah, I still run tape along the edge of the flap, just so it doesn't get caught in any sorting machine parts.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:15 PM

Mailed all three candy packages today.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:27 AM

Here is an updated Bday

listPatrick’s Mom 4/26
BarbaraKibler23 4/29
Gaijin 4/29
Ibex94 4/29
NZQuilter 4/29
WMUTech 4/29
Loveofquilts 4/30
AHWU 5/1
Cuppy 5/1
Travelinggramma 5/1
Wendy McD 5/1
Old 05-02-2021, 08:18 AM

I have put all my cards into a craft envelope. Fortunately, I had plenty on hand in my long standing office supplies. I will have to go to the post office to make sure that my $.75 stamps still work on those. If not, the post office gets to give me more stamps. I hope the post office doesn't chew them up again!

Happy May everyone!
Old 05-02-2021, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Thanks for the detailed info Irishmom. Looks like I'm switching to the yellow craft envelopes. What a shame that the post office is not using its normally less destructive sorters. It might be the way letters are shipped around the country, too. If the trucks are leaking, that will damage mail easily as you described.

I am thrilled that none of the candies went missing!
This is my third year doing the Birthday swap, so over 50 envelopes. I have never had a rip before, so having three of the five was quite a surprise! But I think you might be right about leaking trucks making them moist and more prone to damage. The five I got the other day were better.

WMU -thanks for the info on the Dollar Tree envelopes, that's a great deal.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:30 AM

I was thinking about my envelops... they were cheap, the ones that came with the card. I never once thought to replace them with Kraft,,, and I've got a box full of them! I've long been worried the PO would pop me for the thickness of my cards. I should replace them all, yup that would alleviate all the stress, duh.

All I think about of late is quilting. I got my Magical Dragon panel in and keep wanting to make it. I want to make it larger, not sure why as the panel is one full yard but I don't want to just use the panel.

Got in a bunch of psycodelic (sp covid long) cat panels and some wild rainbow cats to back it with. Now that DD is marrying and talking children within a year, I need to be ready. Got some lining fabric in have no idea why I bought it, do you do that? I also got minky. I remember what the minky is for,,, teddy bear baby,,, it's like an outfit, bear has arms and legs that you put the baby into and the hood is his head with ears. I think I actually have a large plastic nose left over. Gee, I've a massive box of compacted fiber fill. I need to get sewing. :-)

I wish I were stronger, just the thought of sitting and getting to it is too much. I had so many tests and doctors appointments in the last 7 days. 3 more long tests this Friday. Not looking forward to it. You'd think that since I never leave the house .... I'd be like lets go, nope. Lets go back to bed more like. I keep drooling over the scrapy quilts and buying more fabric. Weee I love fabric.

Have a super day Peeps.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:14 AM

I have received so far:

April 27th: Patricks Mom
April 27th: barbarakibler23
April 28th: WMUTeach
April 28th: ibex94
April 28th: NZquilteR
April 30th: macybaby
April 30th: AHWu
May 01: cuppy
May 01: Loveofquilts
May 01: TravelingGramma
May 01: Yarn Fairy and the Pixies
May 04: kele
May 04: IrishMom

Many, many thanks!
Old 05-05-2021, 03:18 AM

Received two more yesterday. The May candy block challenge is posted and I'm looking forward to sorting through my new candies to see what I can use for it. I need 32 - 16patch blocks in colorways. Should be fun!

Patrick’s Mom 4/26
BarbaraKibler23 4/29
Gaijin 4/29
Ibex94 4/29
NZQuilter 4/29
MUTech 4/29
Loveofquilts 4/30
AHWU 5/1
Cuppy 5/1
Travelinggramma 5/1
Wendy McD 5/1
IrishMom 5/3
LorMarSzon 5/3

Old 05-05-2021, 05:02 AM

MacyBaby, I just saw the posting and am considering this one. I skipped March and April. I have piles made but if I need color ways, I have all my little gems sorted by color. Please post your progress. We are missing illustrations of how to use our 2.5's.

I am always on the hunt for interesting patterns that use 2.5. Here is my contribution for the month of May. I haven't made this one yet, but it is on my summer time sew list. Looks like a good one for gifting. I calls for Jelly Roll strips, but goodness why cut up a perfectly good jelly roll strip when I have plenty of 2.5s already to go. All I need now is a background fabric. I am sure there is one somewhere in my stash.

https://my.modafabrics.com/webfiles/...emix-chain.pdf

Last edited by WMUTeach; 05-05-2021 at 05:08 AM.