Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 10-06-2023, 03:03 AM

It’s been busy over here! JENNR8R and Rebaquilts, beautiful finishes. Congratulations. Petthefabric, look at the smile on your young friend’s face. That says it all. She’s proud of herself. Is there a better gift to give someone than your time and experience? It swells my heart.

I’m off to visit my younger son in KS next week. Last time we drove but This time I’m flying. So looking forward to seeing him again. Plus, there are at least 3 Quilting Shops within an easy distance, one right around the corner. Serendipity! Better leave room for a few FQs.

Have a great weekend.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:13 AM

Hopping over here to tell you that I have popped the two birthday greetings
in the mail today!
Old 10-06-2023, 06:34 AM

Ribbit, ribbit. Thanks, Crispy_Frog. Take care hopping back to your sewing space.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:11 AM

She’s real happy. The next project is strips. Keep the candies in mind if I get another student.thanks
Old 10-06-2023, 09:46 AM

Finally some cooler weather came out, still no rain, uggh. In the local park I go to every morning to walk Mick( boxer), there are trees dying, limbs falling, and cracks in the ground 2-3 inches wide. Not even thinking of fall veg garden. Dirt is so dry and hard and now we have a threat of saltwater in our local water system. If y'all can pray and send some rain down here we would greatly appreciate it.

Rebaquilts, I love the embroidery panels in your quilt, very nice.
Jennr8r, congrats on your ribbon. It is well deserved, still haven't touch my Aunts panels, but it's next on the list.
Petthefabric,. You're gonna make a wonderful teacher. That girl is so proud of her accomplishment, and like Wmu said,. Please let me know if you need donation fabric. You know, scraps seem to never go away, and I'm getting bored with the same fabrics. So if you can use donations, let me know.

Been working on epp hexies as a round table cloth. I'm almost at the end, though I'm not quite sure how to finish it. I'll take a pick, though it's not completed yet.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:57 AM

img_20231006_135024.jpg this is my table cloth in production. I am probably going to add a few more rows of white and then cut to make a circle and back it with some recycled flannel. Or i will try to leave it and sew a hexies binding in the back, but that depends on whether I want to do it easy or hard. Who knows what I will do, yea I never can make up my mind till it's actually time.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:00 PM

Gannyrosie -- that is gorgeous! Praying for rain for you. I am very thankful that no hurricanes hit there this year.

October Birthday girls, your candies from me are at the post office tonight gearing up for their trip to you. Happy Birthday in advance of the celebrations!
Old 10-06-2023, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful hexie tablecloth, Gannyrosie!
Old 10-06-2023, 07:58 PM

Good evening all. I have been busy with a cross country move (Florida to Idaho). We have arrived safely but are still in recovery mode after that massive drive. I have my sewing machine and one sandwich in my possession for domestic free motion and one hand project. All other quilting will be in storage for at least the next six months. Therefore, I will be living vicariously through all your pictures. I have caught up on the last week's posts and love the stories and pictures. Thank you for sharing!
Old 10-06-2023, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

Glad you had a safe trip, LAF. Hope you get settled in soon. Moving is so much work.