Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 01-24-2023, 12:14 PM

Thank you to Sewbizgirl and Patrick’s Mom. Your candies arrived this afternoon. 😀

3. Patrick’s Mom
2. Sewbizgirl
1. JENNR8R
Old 01-24-2023, 02:44 PM

Just checking in to say that I have mailed off my February greeting!
Old 01-27-2023, 05:57 AM

Thank you to LAF2019 for the candies. They arrived yesterday. (I had trouble posting here yesterday.)

4. LAF2019
3. Patrick’s mom
2. Sewbizgirl
1. JENNR8R
Old 01-27-2023, 12:53 PM

Two more packages just came! Thanks to Quossum and LogCabin82.

6. LogCabin82
5. Quossum
4. LAF2019
3. Patrick’s mom
2. Sewbizgirl
1. JENNR8R

Been working on some crumb blocks the last few days but I hope to get to my candy squares soon and make some color blocks. I’ve only been in the mood for mindless sewing and crumb blocks fit the bill.

Have a nice evening.

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-27-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 05:37 PM

Yay! Janice, I’m so glad that my very first swap package arrived safely. I was concerned!

I packed up the envelope and decided that I’d better be on the safe side and take it into the PO and weigh it properly to get the exact right postage.

We showed up…to find that the PO closed at eleven. Missed it by about 20 minutes—but come on, eleven am is just a really odd closing time, don’t you think?

So, I took the envelope home, weighed it myself on my trusty food scale, and plunked on what was supposed to be ample stampage. Then I crossed my fingers and dropped it off to the inside mail slot on January 22. Pretty good travel time!

In quilting activities, I attended a small quilt show today after school, packing as many oohs and ahhs as I possibly could into the scant hour and a half that I had to browse. I tell you, work has been brutal lately—I have truly been struggling with my mental health, doubting everything, just…struggling.

My soul needed those quilts. I strolled and gazed and admired the interplay of color and shape and thread, and I felt something heal, just a bit. Just a bit.

It was nice. It was needed.

Took a lot of pictures, bought some fabric and other goodies that I in no way needed, and went back home feeling a little bit better. The weekend stretches before me. Dog show during the day, but in the evenings, I’m going to get back to my quilt! Got one sandwiched and working my meandering way through the quilting itself. Very satisfying!

Old 01-27-2023, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quossum View Post
My soul needed those quilts. I strolled and gazed and admired the interplay of color and shape and thread, and I felt something heal, just a bit. Just a bit. It was nice. It was needed.
I love to enter quilts into shows. It's wonderful to think that the people who look at them might receive that kind of blessing from my efforts too. Thank you for sharing that.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:40 PM

I am not sure of others but I did take my package to the PO and they weighed it and the cost was 86 cents. I know each persons may be slightly different depending on if you include a card, extra goodies and so on. I biggest hit to keep down cost is to keep your package as flat as possible.

So pleased to see the list Janice McC's list growing. Yeah, plenty of time to get your package in the mail and most I bet are in transit. Mine went out on Wednesday, so should arrive by Monday according to my receipt from the PO. Happy Winter to all. I have about 7 inches of beautiful fluffy snow decorating my trees, marsh and bushes.. It looks like a snowy dream and oh so cold. But no complaints. In just a month we will start looking for humming birds to reach the southern states and see new life emerging from under our comforter of white fluff.

Have a wonderful weekend all.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:29 AM

Took a while finding envelope. Cato was next door. Score! Pants and top for spring. Then to Lowes. Score! Perennials, pots and concrete turtle for garden. Then to next garden: trees, bushes, herbs and pots for sweet potatoes. Very productive trip. Monday, workers coming to plant. Oh, yeh, did get envelopes. Mailing Monday.
Old 01-28-2023, 10:17 AM

I can't imagine how stressful it would be showing a dog. Gosh - I was stressed just training mine to go visit the nursing homes -. And so glad you found some relaxing time with fabric and quilts. Just touching fabric can be soothing.
I have been sandwiching and quilting and binding my pile of quilts I have made over the year
Here are two that I used your candy in. Breezy Batiks by moda - a free pattern used my pile of batik candy along with a charm pack. The other is all the I Spy fussy cut candy you'all have sent me these past years.
So thank you -
Attached Thumbnails batiksby-moda-jan23.jpg   ispy-jan23.jpg  
Old 01-28-2023, 11:23 AM

Beautiful quilts, TravelingGramma!