Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
3rd pincushion notice:  Sign up closes November 15th.  Mailing deadline November 30th,  Please post pictures on this thread  when you receive your pincushion so we can all see.  Thanks.I have a grouping of all the posted pincushions so far on page 7 >

3rd pincushion notice: Sign up closes November 15th. Mailing deadline November 30th, Please post pictures on this thread when you receive your pincushion so we can all see. Thanks.I have a grouping of all the posted pincushions so far on page 7

3rd pincushion notice: Sign up closes November 15th. Mailing deadline November 30th, Please post pictures on this thread when you receive your pincushion so we can all see. Thanks.I have a grouping of all the posted pincushions so far on page 7

Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtrem

Trupeach1: clue me in, please, I have seen BFF before but don't have any idea what that one means.
B....best.....F.......friend...........F.......for ever
Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by SewExtrem

Trupeach1: clue me in, please, I have seen BFF before but don't have any idea what that one means.
B....best.....F.......friend...........F.......for ever
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... LOL. Must just be my tired brain. I wouldn't have figured that one out myself. Thank you.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 11-17-2010, 08:23 AM

Hi Zquilter: I recently heard of this website, so it looks like
I have missed out on a fun swap - I made a couple of pincushions in a tea cup. One will go this week to a weaver friend out West, but I still have a few.
What are the rules to this thing? Does Anything Go? How often does the swaps come up? Is it always one to one, or
is it round robin?
When our club did an internal swap it seems the "girls" did their very best work.
I am in southern New England, so our winter is not as severe as further north, where the squid jiggers go!
Diane
Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM

Hello Barb - I am a California Girl, but I do not recall Gerber. Where is that? I have been away from the LA area for about 40 years now, so I have to assume that there are many new towns since I was there.
Laguna Beach is my idea of heaven. If you are with me at the critical time, I wish to be cremated and scattered over the volley ball pit where the Marines play!
Ocean paintings are always aqua and gold from the left coast: here the scenes are grey and gloomy looking. Why do New Englanders say they like to take long walks on the beach? In the rain? Not for me.
Diann
Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Diann Baldwin
Hello Barb - I am a California Girl, but I do not recall Gerber. Where is that? I have been away from the LA area for about 40 years now, so I have to assume that there are many new towns since I was there.
Laguna Beach is my idea of heaven. If you are with me at the critical time, I wish to be cremated and scattered over the volley ball pit where the Marines play!
Ocean paintings are always aqua and gold from the left coast: here the scenes are grey and gloomy looking. Why do New Englanders say they like to take long walks on the beach? In the rain? Not for me.
Diann

Gerber is in northern CA in between Red Bluff and Chico. It is a very small town, used to be a railroad town, even had a hotel in the old days but now has a small mini mart, post office and sometimes a restruant and thrift shop when someone is ambitious. Just about every household has at least 1 dog, but most have 3 or 4 and some kind of bird, chicken, dove, parrot, or piegons. There are no side walks except 1 block where the post office is located. There are lots of cats and it is a quiet (most of the time) if someone isn't blasting cheerful Mexican music from their stereos. It is fun to walk through the alleys and hear the roosters crowing in the morning and all the dogs barking in the yards when my dog and I go for our daily walk. It is almost like we are walking through a pound. :lol: There is also a large walnut orchard one block from our place and a creek that has a dike with a foot path and my dog and I like to walk on it.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:16 AM
cjr

I mailed Deb umphries pincushion today. i hope she likes it
Old 11-18-2010, 03:11 AM

I'm mailing my pincushion tommorrow if I can figure out the international shipping lol, I'm going to the post office today to get the box and fill out the customs form (correctly this time I hope)
Old 11-18-2010, 03:30 AM

Just letting you know I got my pincushion from Janis in todays mail. Will post a pic at the wekend, when I find the camera.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 PM

Barbsbus ~ you are only 2 hours from me and your town sounds like some place I would love to visit. I have friends in Chico, who are going to call me when the walnuts are ready so I can go down there and get a few pounds (tons) lol. I will have to let you know when and we could meet somewhere.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM

That sounds like a date. Just let me know when you are in the area. I will pm you my phone number.