Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Kitty Cat Charm Swap - Signup CLOSED >

5" Kitty Cat Charm Swap - Signup CLOSED

5" Kitty Cat Charm Swap - Signup CLOSED

Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM

I am still waiting on my cat fabric to get here. I hope it's here soon.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 PM

I received my cat fabric today so off to wash and cut. Glad it got here in time.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Hello kitty cat charm swappers!

There is 7 days until your packages need to be postmarked. If you have any questions - please do not hesitate to ask.

Just a reminder.... be certain in your package you INCLUDE a self adhesive return address label, and a return priority postage stamp ($4.95). I suggest including an additional $0.70 to pay for tracking/delivery confirmation. I do NOT accept checks for postage.

If you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity.

Thanks again :D

Kris
Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 PM

I sent mine today.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Mine left today also.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:57 PM

I know that you are asking for $4.95 priority shipping costs but I just weighed two of my 24 ct charm packs with two envelopes (as I would use to mail out) and my actual postage cost was only $1.56 plus the tracking cost fee. The two charm packs represent the amount of cut set pieces most of us in this swap are sending.

I assume the swap hosts are requesting priority shipping for everything to make life easier for themselves, but as a tax consultant and Ebay business owner, I can't help but look at the amount of money being overspent in unwarranted postage. I am sure that the post office is enjoying the additional postage purchases.

Originally Posted by kriscraft99

There is 7 days until your packages need to be postmarked. If you have any questions - please do not hesitate to ask.

Just a reminder.... be certain in your package you INCLUDE a self adhesive return address label, and a return priority postage stamp ($4.95). I suggest including an additional $0.70 to pay for tracking/delivery confirmation. I do NOT accept checks for postage.

If you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity.

Kris
Old 03-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Honestly, I bet the $4.95 is because this swap is very similar to the Layer Cake swap and so the host used the wording from that swap since it was already approved by Patrice and that swap asked for $4.95. We have to use the big envelopes (the $4.95 ones) to hold the layer cakes.

Originally Posted by Havplenty
I know that you are asking for $4.95 priority shipping costs but I just weighed two of my 24 ct charm packs with two envelopes (as I would use to mail out) and my actual postage cost was only $1.56 plus the tracking cost fee. The two charm packs represent the amount of cut set pieces most of us in this swap are sending.

I assume the swap hosts are requesting priority shipping for everything to make life easier for themselves, but as a tax consultant and Ebay business owner, I can't help but look at the amount of money being overspent in unwarranted postage. I am sure that the post office is enjoying the additional postage purchases.

Originally Posted by kriscraft99

Kris
Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 AM

I just received three 42 ct charm packs in the mail and the postage was only $3.05. In this economy where most everyone is looking for ways to save money, it just seems to be wasteful overspending to me thats all.

In my profession, I am trained to look at bottom lines and also as a business women. I try to be cost effective and work with buyers on shipping through my Ebay store so that they will be encouraged to buy. The swaps are fun and I have time to do them right now; I see that I will need to pay more attention to the total costs involved in participating.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:22 PM

I don't mind paying the postage so it's easier on the hostess. I know when I mail out items the postage varies-I even had the same kind of items (12" blocks with same number of seams and pieces) and the postage was different. It depends on weight of material, tape etc. So for the pleasure of being part of the swap I don't mind the extra cost of postage. I just can't wait to see all different kinds of cats I get back!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM

I got mine in the mail today so you should be getting them early next week. I can't wait to see what I get back :D
I hope ya'll like the 3 fabrics I sent! Also, I went ahead and just cut mine 5 1/2" to be safe.