Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green >

5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green

5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green

Old 10-29-2017, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I haven't received mine in the mail yet but hopefully they will be here soon. I have a question to all of you...seems to me that Red started this swap by color and it was stated that it had to be 80% I believe. Are you all unhappy with what you have received that now,depending on the month, you want it to be no holiday or no "this or that". Just my opinion, and Red can certainly let me know if I am wrong, but I ask you to not try and change the original reason for the swap. If you would get even 10 squares of Xmas squares out of 50, what's the big deal? Come on ladies lets keep to color.......I think the purpose of the swap when it started
You have a good point, Jaba. IMHO the more rules we have, the less fun the swap will be. Everyone can't have everything their own way.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post

You have a good point, Jaba. IMHO the more rules we have, the less fun the swap will be. Everyone can't have everything their own way.
I haven’t seen anyone trying to have everything their own way, but I do want to know if I am going to get a bunch of hearts before I decide to join this month or not. I can’t see why having the discussion would upset anyone.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:11 PM

It doesn't sewbiz, I was only thinking that if someone had 13 or 14 red fabrics and then included 1 or 2 holiday themed ones that it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd rather them do that than having to not be in the swap. I tried to state that and maybe it didn't come out that way. Sorry if I have offended anyone, from now on I will try to keep my opinion to myself and either join the swap or not by color stated.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I haven’t seen anyone trying to have everything their own way, but I do want to know if I am going to get a bunch of hearts before I decide to join this month or not. I can’t see why having the discussion would upset anyone.
I was just throwing in my 2 cents -- participating in the discussion. I didn't mean to offend anyone either.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:05 PM

I like to see the discussion going on here and the various viewpoints expressed. I hope there are no hurt feelings by anything posted, everyone has the right to express his or her opinions. And it has helped in selecting by fabrics from my stash. I kind of felt lost when I was assembling "greens". (Would this be acceptable or will my fabrics be sent back to me?) So now I have some guidance in selecting "reds". I am still blown away by the number of different greens that I received .... it was amazing.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
I would love to see some pictures of the assorted greens... I've been wanting to join this swap, but need some guidance on the level of variation within the swap! (That and i'm just nosey and want to see your beautiful squares!)
JayneW, as promised......here is a pic of some random greens in the green swap. Hope this encourages you to join the next swap when it starts:
Attached Thumbnails green-charms.jpg  
Old 10-29-2017, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

No offense taken here!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 10-29-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
JayneW, as promised......here is a pic of some random greens in the green swap. Hope this encourages you to join the next swap when it starts:

Thank You so much... that actually helps immensely and makes me green with envy!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-30-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 10-30-2017, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Love those greens, Jane Quilter!
Old 10-30-2017, 08:08 AM

I got my Greens and can't wait for the Reds to begin!