Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green >

5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green

5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green

Old 10-27-2017, 11:02 AM

I'm also of the no holiday variety.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:57 PM

I would love to see some pictures of the assorted greens... I've been wanting to join this swap, but need some guidance on the level of variation within the swap! (That and i'm just nosey and want to see your beautiful squares!)
Old 10-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
I would love to see some pictures of the assorted greens... I've been wanting to join this swap, but need some guidance on the level of variation within the swap! (That and i'm just nosey and want to see your beautiful squares!)
You understand that there are 150 different squares in each swap....This variety of greens will make beautiful leaves in my applique blocks. But I'll take a pic for you when I lay some of them out. Hope you join the next swap (red), and you can experience this for yourself.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:01 PM

My greens came in the mail today. They are truly gorgeous! Thanks to all the green swappers.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:40 PM

Gorgeous greens have arrived -- thank you Red and swappers! Will leave feedback soon.

Interesting that so many don't want holiday fabrics. Local quilting friends seem to love Christmas prints. I've always been picky about Christmas fabrics, the only holiday fabrics I've used. Because of this "survey", I plan to leave them out of all future swaps.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:46 PM

Got my Green 5" sqs today Thanks Red for extra love it
Old 10-27-2017, 03:47 PM

Will be sending feedback latter to night
Old 10-27-2017, 04:31 PM

I haven't received mine in the mail yet but hopefully they will be here soon. I have a question to all of you...seems to me that Red started this swap by color and it was stated that it had to be 80% I believe. Are you all unhappy with what you have received that now,depending on the month, you want it to be no holiday or no "this or that". Just my opinion, and Red can certainly let me know if I am wrong, but I ask you to not try and change the original reason for the swap. If you would get even 10 squares of Xmas squares out of 50, what's the big deal? Come on ladies lets keep to color.......I think the purpose of the swap when it started
Old 10-27-2017, 07:06 PM

Since jaba has asked a question to all, I'll give my reply... lol

There were a significant number of comments in the Orange Swap regarding the use of holiday fabrics. People asked about it, and some indicated they would sit out on that swap if it meant a lot of Halloween fabrics. A comment was also made regarding 'red' and that it didn't mean Christmas. :-)

I didn't think it was out of place for the comments to made in the Orange Swap. After they were made, it helped some to decide whether or not to participate. It probably helped others to decide what type of fabric they would send as well! If the only 80% red fabric in your stash is holiday fabric, and you don't want to buy any red neutral-themed fabric, it's okay to post that situation. I think it's acceptable to have more information-- it's nice to discuss the issue, so people can decide if they want to sit out or not.

With the hundreds of possible choices for a fabric with 80% of one color, there shouldn't be any trouble finding enough choices for this type of swap that is only calling for 15 fabric prints. There are people who don't want, or won't use, various holiday fabrics. Why send a specific print if it makes even one person in the group unhappy? I would rather not, so I can try to please everyone. :-)

Last edited by givio; 10-27-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 PM

Jaba - the holiday issue was discussed in the orange swap and again at the beginning of the green swap (see excerpt from Red's post #49):

"but because some of celebrate other holidays than others, we typically try to shy away from those (prime example was last month's swap of oranges, many do not celebrate Halloween as a holiday. So to keep it neutral, we just chose to not do holidays). But any other kind of green is more than welcome, and hope you join the fun. This group of ladies are a riot. Come join the fray."

The topic was raised yet again with the color red and folks are simply stating (or re-stating) their preference. I don't see anyone attempting to change the rules, but rather just trying to understand expectations.

I plan to participate next month. My red charms are ready to go and include no holiday or novelty fabrics.