5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green

5" Charm Color Theme Swap - Green

Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 PM

Also, prefer no holiday.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 PM

Also, prefer no holiday
Old 10-03-2017, 10:02 PM

Prefer no holiday, also.

Regarding cutting the squares, I've found that a CutRite Charm Maker ruler is super-handy. It's 5" square, but it also has 2-1/2" markings if you want to cut smaller squares. What I do is cut my fabric into 5" strips, then use the CutRite Charm Maker ruler to cut the strips into 5" squares. It makes the squares very consistent, and it's almost impossible to make a mis-cut. (Someone asked via PM, so I thought I'd mention it here, too.)

Missouri Star Quilt Company carries them, but other places probably do, too. (No affiliation.)
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...te-charm-maker

Here's a photo of mine. Hopefully y'all can see it. It's kind of hard to take a picture of a shiny, clear, white-lettered ruler that was reflecting the overhead light! As scratched up as mine has become, you can tell I use it often. LOL!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581702[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:51 AM

Ok, got it! No holiday prints! I assumed that was probably the case, but in looking through my greens, I sure have a lot of them. I'll have to reevaluate and see what else I can come up with! Thanks everyone for your responses
Old 10-04-2017, 06:00 AM

Can I make one more suggestion? I have received a charm (only one) that had the selvage intact, so will have to cut it down. Not a big deal, just make sure you are cutting off selvages. Probably a small oversight, because most are perfect!
Old 10-04-2017, 08:25 AM

I usually send more than the required in case I miss a narrow selvage, they may already have or get a duplicate from others in the swap, they just plain don't like a charm, or I may cut poorly - not often, but sometimes a fussy cut will go off center.
Moonrise, thanks for the template tip, gotta love those templates, especially when cutting stacked multiples!
Jayne, I love green, please join the swap, sounds like you have plenty to share of non-holiday. Just sayin'.
hugs,
dj
Old 10-04-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
Can I make one more suggestion? I have received a charm (only one) that had the selvage intact, so will have to cut it down. Not a big deal, just make sure you are cutting off selvages. Probably a small oversight, because most are perfect!
I have received several as well. I cut them down to 2 2.5" squares and agree it's not a big deal. Never said anything because it's not addressed in the rules. If anyone received one from me, it's definitely a mistake as my standard practice is to remove them.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:57 PM

It would definitely be a mistake if I sent one. I always sent 16-17 charms just incase. I would use the square for an applique if it was the case.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:00 PM

Jayne, you are more than welcome to join, but because some of celebrate other holidays than others, we typically try to shy away from those (prime example was last month's swap of oranges, many do not celebrate Halloween as a holiday. So to keep it neutral, we just chose to not do holidays). But any other kind of green is more than welcome, and hope you join the fun. This group of ladies are a riot. Come join the fray.

If I sent a selvage, it was a total oversight. Although the one or two I received I didn't think was a bad thing, only because it was small enough to be in a seam allowance. But, I do understand, and I guess we can all use the gentle reminder to try to watch for those.

Moonrise, that's a pretty nifty little template you have there. I may have to put that on my wish list!

I haven't kept track of the list yet, but we are going to have lots this time around, me thinks. I know I have already received Three packages of greens, already!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-30-2017 at 10:07 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 10-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

Mailed my greens today... be on the lookout, Chris!