Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even! >

5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even!

5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even!

Old 02-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Mrs Theo, you have until tomorrow to sign up, so yes! Please do!

Glad to have you on board!
Old 02-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

Looks like it's going to be a big group this time. It will be fun to swap with some more people. I put my package of grays in the mailbox today.

The color game... ugh. It's why I don't follow the thread. Sorry for the negative comment but month after month, it drives me crazy.

Same for the "virtual food" games in some other swap threads....
Old 02-08-2018, 11:49 AM

so I am a newbie is it ok if I sign up-and probably ask lots of questions?
Old 02-08-2018, 01:11 PM

glad to have you join Stafar. This is a great way to enlarge your stash, especially for scrap quilters like me.

Ask all the question you want .... it's one of the best ways to learn. The only dumb question is the one that didn't get asked.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:50 PM

I pretty much view this swap as a way to build my stash. The only 2 colors I didn't have to buy were blue and green because that was 75% of what I owned. Each new color that comes along I get to round out a new color plus I get charms of so many others. Have made some fun quilts with what I have received. Had to buy 13 grays, but now I feel like I have a good assortment. It's helping me push my self-imposed color and fabric boundaries and taken my quilt out of "boring" which is what some of my early quilts were!
Old 02-08-2018, 05:55 PM

I will have 12 bags ready to roll probably Saturday-this looks like lots of fun!!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 AM

Mrs Theo and Stafar, we are more than happy to have you join in this month....I think you will find this a great group of ladies, and I personally, have never been disappointed by the swaps received

Sewbiz, sorry you aren't happy with the convo in the group. I personally love the fact the ladies take the time to comment on the thread. It helps me learn about their humor as well as keeping the thread alive. With this type of swap, it would be easy for it to drop to the bottom of the page and get lost.

I am also a little on the nerdy side, and enjoy seeing where people “connect” the dots! ��

At least we know why you may not be on the thread that often. But I do enjoy the chit chat here…
Old 02-09-2018, 09:11 AM

Thank you Red for your comments. I too like the comments and sharing bits of information but was concerned that I had offended readers. I lean to the nerdy side of life and often don't realize that another has been hurt by my comments. Your swaps are a great way to meet other quilters who share my love of fabric and interesting facts. I look forward to seeing all the grays we have to share.

I didn't realize there were so many grays/greys out there ..... pebble, pewter, anchor and flint just to name a few.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:58 AM

While gray is my least favorite color, I had fun going to the fabric store and was amazed at the number of grays when I started picking out grays. Not so blah anymore.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:18 AM

Mary Mo, you tickled me. If you only knew how hard it was to offend me you'd laugh. Promise! LOL

Hav4: Isn't that the truth! When Gray popped out of the hat, I thought...oh boy. We'll have about 3 people participating. So glad I was wrong. I, too, was amazed how fun grays could be. I still have a few more to go. Oh darn. More fabric shopping. What SHALL a girl do.
*buy more of course!**

LOL

We are putting in hardwood floors in the living room this weekend. (family room will remain carpeted) I may not make it to some stores to finish shopping, but I am eagerly awaiting what the floor will look like. We've been living with plywood floors since right after Christmas ended. Soooo happy that is almost done!