Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even! >

5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even!

5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even!

Old 02-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

I love chit chat too... it's the fun part of belonging to a group. But a pure list of things that are yellow, or things that are pink or whatever, isn't conversation. You have to make a sentence to converse. And I think we all know what color everything is! I just get fed up with opening a new post and it's that. I'm sorry to offend anyone, and I am not offended myself. Just do your thing and ignore me!

Would love to see other's ideas for patterns and uses for our color charms, and even what they are working on while they wait for the squares. Daily life, etc. Real things.

Chris, I bet you can't wait to get that hardwood down! Post a pic... I'm sure it will be beautiful.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:48 AM

Just passing the time for the big Grey package to arrive.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Here is a sample of what you may be getting.(We don't post enough pictures here.)
Attached Thumbnails 20180209_134546.jpg  
Old 02-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Nice fabrics, Crispy Frog! Hopefully, I'll get one of your sets!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:35 PM

Hi Red - I mailed 12 sets to you for delivery on Mon (or Tue) next week.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:09 PM

Well, sewbiz, we have been on a total roller coaster here. Had 2 low offers on our house, got a 3rd decent offer which we accepted, then the buyer backed out. I had the realtor raise the price and got a full price offer in less than a week. Flip side, every house we have liked is under contract and we scrambled to find one we liked in our price range. Put an offer on a great place and the owners are being a little difficult. We have a close date of March 8, so no time to fool around! Meanwhile, I'm in this swap and just joined 2 others like a crazy woman! I have to start packing...but fabric swaps are much more fun!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
Here is a sample of what you may be getting.(We don't post enough pictures here.)
Darn, wish I'd thought to take a picture of mine... it was a pretty cute set of grays, if I do say so myself. Oddly enough, I had tons of gray. I guess it's one of my 'go to' colors. It just looks good with so many other colors.

Faintly! How exciting to raise the price of the house and then get a full price offer. Hope you find the house you are looking for. Are you moving to another town/state?
Old 02-09-2018, 04:44 PM

We are moving back to the Phoenix area, we currently live 30 minutes south. Hubby is working there again and I have 2 kids going to ASU engineering school in the fall...doesn't make sense to drive 2 cars to the Valley every day! We raised the price because buyers got scared of taking on a mortgage and a solar payment assumption. So, we upped the price and are paying off the solar system in the deal. The house we are trying to buy has solar as well. I will enjoy $20 electric bills year round! (a/c means many people here pay $400-500/month for electric)
Old 02-09-2018, 04:55 PM

We recently had a greyhound rescued here but she was so scared she ran away. There was a huge Facebook campaign to find her and they brought in trackers, search dogs and trail cams. She was gone during the coldest week we have had in a long time. She was trapped and safely returned!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Stafar View Post
We recently had a greyhound rescued here but she was so scared she ran away. There was a huge Facebook campaign to find her and they brought in trackers, search dogs and trail cams. She was gone during the coldest week we have had in a long time. She was trapped and safely returned!
Oh the poor thing. That breaks my heart. Greyhounds don't have enough fur to insulate them in the cold. So glad she's rescued and returned now.

Faintly, our last electric bill was $420! It's been a cold winter, but the big bill was because they weren't coming down here to actually read the meter, just estimating. So when they finally read it we owed them a bunch. $20 electric bills sound pretty awesome.