Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Color-Themed Swap - Color:  Pinks >

5" Color-Themed Swap - Color: Pinks

5" Color-Themed Swap - Color: Pinks

Old 06-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
I personally don't mind the white background since most quilts need some lights for contrast and I never have enough variety in my lights.
This is true... but we were swapping for pinks.

Also, I must amend what I said earlier about one of my three favorites being a white. It's actually got a pink background, not white... so it's a pink! (I'm referring to the one on the far left.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]574847[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2379-small-.jpg  

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 06-18-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:21 PM

I got my 5" sqs. pink family, light, med. dark and mix love them all. Look forward seeing what every one makes with them. I'm thinking baby girl quilt. Thank you red for doing this swap.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:40 PM

Thank you everyone for my Pinks! I got them rapidly, too! Thanks to Red for hosting! She did a superb job!
Old 06-19-2017, 07:00 PM

I got mine today and just opened the big bag. I haven't had a chance to look through them but I'm sure they will be fine. I will admit that the photo you have pictured sewbizgirl, 6 of those are either from myself or my neighbor. I'm sorry you are disappointed but to me they read pink. Finishing customer quilt and when I can I will go through the baggies and leave each of you feedback. Thank you for leaving it for me.....and to answer a question..my neighbor is not on the board. She is an older lady, older than me at 71 yrs., loves the sew but has no computer. She loves the squares and was very happy to receive some new fabric. Thank you for letting her participate!
Old 06-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I got mine today and just opened the big bag. I haven't had a chance to look through them but I'm sure they will be fine. I will admit that the photo you have pictured sewbizgirl, 6 of those are either from myself or my neighbor. I'm sorry you are disappointed but to me they read pink. Finishing customer quilt and when I can I will go through the baggies and leave each of you feedback. Thank you for leaving it for me.....and to answer a question..my neighbor is not on the board. She is an older lady, older than me at 71 yrs., loves the sew but has no computer. She loves the squares and was very happy to receive some new fabric. Thank you for letting her participate!
No need to apologize! We don't all see colors the same way. I learned much of my quilting color theory and understanding from Bonnie Hunter. All of those white background fabrics will make great neutrals in a quilt, so they will all end up getting used. Neutrals can have other colors in them (and that makes them more interesting) but if the background is neutral, it will read as a neutral. It's all good! It's all fabric, and we love fabric, right?

I'm so happy your neighbor got to participate, Jaba. It was sweet of you to invite her. Hope she can do it again. I wish I had a quilting neighbor!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:55 PM

I'm thinking of making a chevron quilt with each row a different color. Have not decided to use the brick pattern or the HST pattern yet.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:19 AM

I received my pinks and am having fun with them! I'm just making a pink quilt with squares. My daughter started it eons ago, when she liked pink. She is almost 20 now, so this will be an extra quilt for our home.

Sewbizgirl, I think the 5th one over on the top row has a pink background, looks like maybe splotches of white, some pink dots and dark dots. Definitely 80% pink. (Just my weigh in.)

I think we did a fantastic job considering this is our first color swap. Now we can be more specific in terms of what we want to "count" for a color! Thanks, Red!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:15 AM

do we have a decision on a color for the next charm swap? I am plowing through piles and piles of scraps and cutting them today, both the 5" charms and the 2.5" candies while staying inside out of the heat. Yes, it's true, it will be close to 120 this PM in the Phoenix metro area!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 AM

Yep, stay inside today! I never like this time of year. There's a new thread for purple, just can't add the link cuz I'm on my phone. There are 12 signed up already.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:20 PM

My lovely pink squares arrived Saturday and was only able to take a quick peek - plan to play with tonight.

Red - Thank you for doing a wonderful job hosting. And the little clips are great - love them!