Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 04-06-2013, 03:13 PM

Gosh darn it, fell off the wagon, lol. Here's my fabs for the side swap, which I stealthily acquisitioned today, lol! OK, who wants em!?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406511[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013-04-06_17-14-048.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 04:09 PM

I DO!! I DO!!!
Everyone knows i love batiks and brights!!
( had to get in quick before le bratty)
Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 PM

My eyes go straight to those purples and teals, very favorites for me! Okay Miss lebrat, when do we get our names??
Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 PM

where did you leave the wagon? are there any more batiks there? why can't i fall into a batik patch?????
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM

ok i know i was late but mine is done finished and will pm Jaba , as my partner urs weill be out on monday, so sorry about it being late,
Old 04-06-2013, 08:23 PM

We get names Sunday. I wanted everyone who was sent an email to have a chance to reply. I figure posting here and a few emails and well we will have a nice side swap. I am using the word carefully. If this was an official swap I would have to post and give weeks for many to join and this is simply in my view a little swap amongst those who want to play while we wait for an official swap. (I know convoluted). and I did just like.. sneak into Anastasias swap to do it so we will post pics here also. We will be doing secret pal swap this round as that was the vote. if you didnt vote well this is what your getting and have fun at it. I started mine today will have the top finished by lunch! I ordered accidentally some margarita fabric and some parrots and well a bolder brighter tropical runner will also be in the works.

I can take special requests for colors but can't guarantee you will get the colors your hoping for. Its tropical you will get tropical however that much I do know (or hope for). Jaba your colors are always an easy one for me to figure out, Nancia you love everything you silly goose .. anyone else? I love bold colors but subtle would work too.. its all in fun. I have a big blue vase and a big blue bowl to put on it or I have a pale pink bowl that i fill with lemons or a red glass bowl or.. see the color I get wont matter much to me it will ALL work!

No words on what the next swap from Anastasia should be? Everyone want Patriotic or should we have two themes to chose from? get your opinions in now while the concept is forming.. come on.. I always struggle with something to put out in June and august. I mean July? easy thats patriotic for the month but the other shoulder months, no holidays what does one use? I was thinking picnic theme? all those pretty food fabrics out there farmers market stuff.. or we could do runners based on our partners heritage colors? (you know say Italian red/white/green, Irish: green/white) or their state... flower/food/critters/things to do. Or two color runners.. or see options are endless. You could say I want persian themed, or indian themed, or southwestern or oriental or.. ideas ANYONE BUT ME???
Old 04-06-2013, 08:29 PM

if we go patriotic I think we should sign up saying if we want to do: vintage (civil war etc), traditional red/white/blue, or bold bright fireworks etc. this way you can also say I would like to receive a/b or c. and parred up accordingly secretly I guess as that is what Jaba would like to do. anyone think that is a good/bad idea? I figure this way you can use what you have and receive something that fits more in your holiday style of decor. Just a thought. I think too much. you guys think ok?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM

I say just summer for mine if the theme is red/white/blue. I'd rather have one I could put out for the whole season & not just a couple weeks here & there. It's not like Christmas, which we have a whole month we can decorate for it.

OK, for the side swap, the one thing I do need to know about my partner is.....I need an accent fabric. So, colorful marble or solid black?

No, I did not fall into a batik patch, just the fat quarter aisle. I went and sought it out. I was a bad girl. I'm supposed to be on the moratorium, lol. I guess I could have done another runner with the bug & monkey fabrics, lol.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:07 PM

oh use black!!! bugs?? AHHHHHHH I sure don't care for bug fabric much. so I vote black.

summer is not a bad theme... any other ideas? and I personally say July is all patriotic lol. or my shelves would be boringly empty. that is not good. I think summer: berries, and checkered clothes and pie and swimming and oh dear lots of options arent there?

ok vote: patriotic or summer? I vote for either! I like both ideas. I would suggest by color then. List three colors you would like so your partner can pick from the options?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 PM

patriotic is a little chauvanistic, red white and blue are u.s.a. and france and england. i'm fairly certain a quilter from turkey wouldn't be so thrilled with an uncle sam or fireworks display. so let's do something more general! like pick 2 colors, or black, white and a surprise! i like the summer picnic idea, altho' our friends in the southern hemisphere are having winter. we need to think globally. personally, i vote for summer/winter your choice, or receiver's choice, or 3 color limit. i know it's 2 votes, but i'm a big person and i need a lot of room to wiggle in! thank you!