Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 AM

What's stopping you, come on I've got lots of room. You're invited anytime.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 AM

My husband works for one of those computer companies that is on the verge of something big... I wish they would just get to it so I can start making travel plans and meeting quilty people!

I have my pattern and main fabrics but haven't found any back ground fabric yet. What the hey has happened to the quilt shops this week when I actually NEED something!??!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 AM

Default which one or none?

Are these tropical enough or should I start over? Trying the fractured block on some of each runner. So butterflies, cacti or dolphins
Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 AM

I like all of them... the whales and dolphins are my favorites though. My son has been collecting whale and ocean FQs as he wants me to make him a quilt.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 AM

jaba I love the bright one with the orange and blue butterflies - I need to learn that technique of fractured quilting. It's so pretty. Is there a pattern? The other two are beautiful as well and anyone would be lucky to receive one of your table runners - you do beautiful work. I'm partial to the bright colors for summer!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Oh I love the top one too, the other is very pretty but subtle colored like mine is and the first screams tropical to me I like screaming tropical a whole lot. its the theme so it works marvelously. The dolphins are cool for dolphin lovers hey any Miami fans maybe your partner loves Miami dolphins! lol.. they are all very pretty. You worked so hard and it shows. Kudos to you for the beautiful work. Knew you would be done early. speedy gonzoles.

hey I am ready for your party you dont even need the sand. get one bucket full pour it in front of the bar we take off our sandles stand in it.. get that feel between the toes the one you cant wait to WIPE OFF and your golden. besides by the second trip to the bar well who needs sand and tiny bubbles hey we can all hula dance we wont tell anyone and we will ban cameras so everyone can let loose. I am so in. I would say lets do it here but somehow being under 150 foot pine trees it might lose some of that.. tropical feel I am afraid. I will have to wait to say August when we want to do a camp out in the forest runner! then I have the perfect house for that. I did like the hot tub plan. I will rent the pool boys. surely there are some near your home who would gladly play pool boy. you buy the shorts k? like spandex ones for him. lmao.. yup.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM

I love the look of it too. There is a pattern for them in a book you have to buy. I found 1 on Amazon "Fabulous Fractures by Brenda Esslinger. The hard part is finding the right fabric and you have to have 4 identical repeats of the fabric. Think the book is around $20.00, you might look on e-bay too. And you have to sew everything with 1/8" seams pressed open. Lots of seams but it's worth it I think. When I can get to the big city fabric shops I'm going to be looking. Would like to make some nice wall hangings
Old 04-10-2013, 11:56 AM

What can I say brat, it was spirals and now this is my new learning experience. I seem to go on spurts of something. Guy working on my desktop and so on the laptop and keep hitting the wrong key and erasing everything. Laptops are not my most favorite thing in the world.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:56 AM

this way I can find out if my partner likes bright or the pastel one I made. she had better start posting goofy girl. Make my life easier!!! I am just glad to be home. I am really glad to be home.[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you talkin' to me????

OK, so I let your pm convince me I needed to do this swap. For the record, I like bright crazy colors and marghueritas. I have my kitchen decorated in Mexican tela vera and painted lizards and frogs. Don't own a dining room table, but have two round kitchen tables and a rectangle one between my Lk Chuck home and my home-away-from-home in Houston. I don't usually do pastels. Love anything nature-related, and certainly the less formal the better (have small grandchildren with big spills everywhere but the plastic placemat they are supposed to be eating on). Everything in my world is currently painted in yellows, golds, oranges, greens, and varying shades of neutral beige (contractor colors I haven't changed out yet). So everything goes with anything at my house.

As I explained via pm, I'm currently in 2nd home to be near daughter who just had her first. What a trip!!! I admit it's been 26 years for me since pregnancy and newborn, but my how things have changed. God forbid you start out with less than the entire line of matched accessories that provide lounging in various positions and all offering the newest member of household royalty the option to be rocked, bounced, or vibrated to the sounds of waves and birds or a llittle classical music. As far as charting the first labor pains -- there is an "app" for that. Throughout the entire birthing process and the following first days, mom and dad both have one hand on their choice of texting devices with whiich they organize visitation, send photos, order dinner choices, and handle any matters from their workplace. Oh -- and to keep track of diaper changes, milk production and consumption, and pending questions and appointments. Every so often one of them will reach out to Google for a hick-up cure or diagrams for the most efficient position for maximum burpage. Alternate accessories are ordered on the spot by downloading coupons, plugging them into storefronts , and having Amazon Prime whip it right to their door. Imagine their surprise when they couldn't find an app to stop the kid from fussing at 1:30 am -- but they were able to find the autodial to message grammy which they knew would bring some relief. This has been a learning experience for all. Until I can convince them that one squeek does not a cry make, and that sometimes they (baby, not parents) need to cry and it doesn't automatically make them bad parents, all will be better. But I am having fun, still trying to squeeze in some sewing between the text messages, but will be a tad late on some of my swaps.

I guess now I need to sign up for the summer one as well ...
Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM

OMG Jaba -- they are fantastic!!! I love the first one especially, and the whales actually look like they are in an aquarium.. Did brat tell you that you are my partner? I think she meant to ... any or all of them would be acceptable.