Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Vanogay - what pattern did you use for the green and gold runner in your first photo post? I LOVE it!
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

Blog Entries
    Vanogay, i have that same oriental fabric in my stash that I made a quilt out of for my daughter's friend. I do recognize the marbled purple as well. Those look nice together. Love the runners ladies.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Purple purple purple purple me likey purple me likey purple.. and silver.. and blue.. and oriental... and... peacocks and masks and...
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Vanogay I am going to take a three hour nap in your honor. Its a tough job but I am up for it You did some beautiful work there I will be soooo happy to open my mailbox and find all of them there. I wonder if I should bring help to carry them home??
    oh and the bottom left fabric the itty bitty squares in multi colors when your done if you have just two not too big squares left maybe three can I get them from you? they would make perfect church windows in a white chapel I would love to do.. the colors are amazing! and I need just a tiny bit. so remember if any is left!!! egad shopping in other peoples stashes again.. what am I doing? I love the fabrics here though its so easy to say I want one of those one of these.. I do not have a fabric store so fabric is either an online shopping experience of just wishful thinking here. Its good the wishful thinking is FREE to shop. I can afford that!
    you guys slow down I have to still bind my FIRST one let alone cut and sew the second one. My second partner might be getting a January delivery unfortunately if I dont pick it up a bit. AFTER my 3 hour nap a deal is a deal
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by LoupEsprit View Post
    Vanogay - what pattern did you use for the green and gold runner in your first photo post? I LOVE it!
    The table runner or the placemats with runner? The placemats and runner are the 10-minute runner changed somewhat to make flat ends for the placemats. The other pattern was one I was just given, that was the first one I had tried of it. I'll have to go downstairs and check out the name - it was easy, but not easy if you catch my drift.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Vanogay I am going to take a three hour nap in your honor. Its a tough job but I am up for it You did some beautiful work there I will be soooo happy to open my mailbox and find all of them there. I wonder if I should bring help to carry them home??
    oh and the bottom left fabric the itty bitty squares in multi colors when your done if you have just two not too big squares left maybe three can I get them from you? they would make perfect church windows in a white chapel I would love to do.. the colors are amazing! and I need just a tiny bit. so remember if any is left!!! egad shopping in other peoples stashes again.. what am I doing? I love the fabrics here though its so easy to say I want one of those one of
    PM me your address, I'm sure I can find some scrap or two...
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

This one!
    (edit: Yay! It worked!)
    Name:  IM000958.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  898.9 KB
    Megan

I hope my person likes somewhat whimsical...

I'm sure I'll love it, Anastasia. hehe...
    Megan

I've felt like the walking dead the last 2 days, but today I get up and I'm just a lil stuffy, so today I will sew! My son's picked it up though, so I guess I'll be playing nurse for a couple days. The couple finished runners so far are so adorable! I'm with LoupEsprit though about fearing my partner will look at mine and see all my flaws, especially since I'm doing my first applique on this one.

The placemats for my boyfriend's mom are finished & I'm attaching a pic of the fronts (back photos won't upload & I'm not sure why). Was glad to get them out of the way by the time I finished. I have 9 mug rugs to make and my swap runner, so it's an all the fabric in the washer morning!

Name:  DSC06097-Adj.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  1.72 MB

ohhh that is a pretty mat! and the table runner that is slightly different than the other ones I have seen what pattern is that loup?
    Linda

Brat - That one isn't mine, it's vanogay's. I reposted her pic so she would see which one I was asking about - I wanted to know what pattern it was too! LOL
    Megan

Thank you Elizabrat. These are going to have their home in Aabenra, Denmark. I wanted a square that was "very American" for them, so I used a variation of the Amish basket. I'm very pleased with how they turned out!

Ms. Ana..... did you get my pm from a couple days ago? Just wanted to check .... thanks sweetie.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Yes I did Tree, but no reply yet.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Mine was delivered to my partner today, hope she likes it.

Another change to my runner today. got the appliques ready to put on it & decided it was too busy. Rearrange & go at it again. Oh, it also occurred to me that I should have found out if there was a max length I should stay under.

Blog Entries
    I was going to stitch-in-the-ditch quilt my table topper this weekend but then I got some exciting news while I was trying to kill myself in yoga class (seriously, fat girls can't put ankles next to their ears without mechanical intervention!).

Anyhow... I have been slowly putting money down on a long-arm for over a year now. And tonight, the owner of the store where I am purchasing it called to say that I've hit the tipping point and that it *should* be in my house by Jan 1!!!!

AND since the table toppers don't have to be mailed until Jan 14, that gives me 2 entire weeks to get it quilted! Wahoo!!

And, I will also say that if you don't mind an inexperienced long-arm operator (although I got the computer to remove the idiot-factor), I'm open for business as soon as it gets here!
    Mischief Managed.

Congratulations! That's wonderful news! Oh, I wish I had the space for one. I don't even have my own sewing room. (I guess that won't happen until Dusty moves out.) I can't wait to see what you turn out!

Blog Entries
    just curious-- how old is dusty? they're like husbands , ya know. can't live with 'em, can't chain 'em out in the yard. so if dusty is younger than 18 those pesky cps people could getcha. older than that i think you're ok!

let's hear it for the longarm!! woohoo!!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Nancia, he just turned 20 a couple weeks ago. I'd never chain him out in the yard, but we have threatened to move his bedroom to the garage, lol.

Well I just have the boarder left to put on the front, but I haven't decided for sure what to do with the back yet. Part of me would like to make it reversible, so it can be enjoyed year around, but then I get to thinking about quilting it, and it everything doesn't line up perfect, yeah, that could be bad. So, the other option would be, 1 solid fabric, or I have 2 that are made to to go together, which both appear on the front, that I could do in alternating sections. Either way it could be used year around, since these are the non-winter fabrics, but it wouldn't be quite as decorative as if I made it to be used year around. Sigh.....decisions, decisions.

Blog Entries
    Common now, not EVERYONE can finish ahead of me!! Mine is still a "figment of my imagination", I sure hope I can get working on it this weekend. I know that once I start, it won't take long, it's getting started that's killer. LOL Finishing up the other two committments that need mailed tomorrow. Then to work on my wonderful table runner! Can't wait to see them all.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Ok I have stalled enough I got busy working on another project a mystery quilt. I WILL bind my first tablerunner and get it in the mail BY the first which I believe is tomorrow. so I had best get cutting fabric! I quilted it was very happy til I turned it over. The fabric puckered a bit where the seams are and I figured out why AFTER the fact. wrong size needle for the job. shoot! see I had this marvelous idea. I was going to use the batting for pot holders in it so it would be semi safe for warm items should it be used on a dinner table. DONT TRY THIS GOOD IDEA UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR NEEDLE first. sheesh. Its very nice on the front so try as I did to make it reversable I think it is not. I will hope my recipient is understanding. It doesnt look BAD it just isnt looking perfect which was all I hoped for. darned it. My second one will be great. I am stalling on even designing it. My partner has not even posted. I cant get to know her at all. I wonder if she forgot she is doing this one or if she is just a silent looker? Me I am so quiet too I know .. and um shy here.. and um .. hard to get to know.

oh oh guess what? you cant guess you goobers.. I was suprised yesterday by my hubby and one of the working men here when they brought in a MONSTER Christmas tree yesterday. I hadnt asked for one they are outrageously priced. Was going to put up garland with lights and ornaments which is very pretty too. This tree is 8.5 feet tall my favorite on earth type the Norwegian fir or is it Nordic? fir.. the kind with all those up needles and largerer spacing between branches so your ornies show? IT IS GORGEOUS. He put the lights on for me last night and its magical. I had a pretty eventfully cruddy day on and off yesterday and this gift was beyond what I needed. It was my lucky day.
    Linda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    So glad you're feeling better today Linda. I woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep to save my soul. Got up at 3 and went downstairs and began sewing. Feel like I've already put in half a day but am still wide awake so guess all is good. Probably crash about 9 and go to bed early. More sewing and quilting for the rest of the day.

What a wonderful way to finish off your day!! That is absolutely wonderful... Makes me want to come up and see it!!

I have been limited to fake trees for many years now and miss the smell of having a fresh tree in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    oh oh guess what? you cant guess you goobers.. I was suprised yesterday by my hubby and one of the working men here when they brought in a MONSTER Christmas tree yesterday. I hadnt asked for one they are outrageously priced. Was going to put up garland with lights and ornaments which is very pretty too. This tree is 8.5 feet tall my favorite on earth type the Norwegian fir or is it Nordic? fir.. the kind with all those up needles and largerer spacing between branches so your ornies show? IT IS GORGEOUS. He put the lights on for me last night and its magical. I had a pretty eventfully cruddy day on and off yesterday and this gift was beyond what I needed. It was my lucky day.

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast