Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Quiltermomma honey sugar pie.. swollen lips? lol I was in real estate about 12 yrs ago. I had botox done on my forehead and collegon on the lip area (those little long lines) hell I was 39 yrs old(YOUNG). I paid some hideous amount like 1,000.00 my forhead.. 42 injections! then the lip area like six or so on each side. end results: five days of horrendous migraine in the forehead wanted to cry..oh they uesd these purple marking pens to put the dots where the injections went. BUT DONT WASH THEM OFF! rubbing could cause the botox to spread and cause droppy eye for 6 months. WHAT? little things you dont hear about. well for six months I couldnt frown. at all. the lip thing I couldnt tell the difference. would I get a single shot again? hell no give me a walnut let me rub it on the lips hey maybe the forehead too! lol

ok Twinkie: welcome have not seen you post .. fun group I think and professional? I know Quiltermomma is professional, Jaba is professional and probably a few others. Then you have people like me and many others who are just having a lot of fun. I think your safe. Two teen age boys at 51 would send me into the woods for a one way hike. Bless you and wishing you luck. Its a tough age, they know it all theya re 18 you cant tell me.. oh yeah. I think its going to a lesson in patience for you again and hope it teaches them to be responsible for their actions at all times.

ps I am thinking I need injections of another kind Beth. Um what the heck happened to having a bust that is right where its supposed to be? I think I went to sleep at Stanford and woke up someone had stollen 75 percent of my chest and what they left well .. THAT CANT BE RIGHT! I want lifter shots. yuppers. and fillers too.. hey lots of walnuts!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Oh Linda, you are making me hurt I'm laughing so hard. I need those lifter shots too, my shoulders hurt, but from what you said I think duct tape might be a better fix!!!Decided to take the little tree down today in my sewing room, then I cleaned the back room and then found all the boxes from the stuff upstairs. Yep, it came down too. Hubby took all the boxes downstairs and now tomorrow just clean up the living room and dining room. I'll need to push around a few chairs here and there, then back will hurt so I'll have to sit and sew tomorrow afternoon. Sounds like a good plan to me. Don't believe what Linda tells you Twinkie, I am not a professional and don't want to be one. Me??? just let me sew and have a good time and if I do stimpling long arm forever or squiggly circles that's okay too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]384418[/ATTACH

Here is pic I took of a tablemat I made for my daughter. Each month I send her something little as part of her birthday gift. I couldnt afford 'store' presents so I gifted one year of holiday decor. sounded good when I started back in August.. this was a tough month. January? holiday? huh? she likes cardinals. this was a pillow print I think I just don't make pillows so a snip and another snip and this is what you get: the dots ..well she is 21.. silly enough for her I hope.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linda

Blog Entries
    That turned out really nice Linda, she should love it!

Blog Entries
    WOW, beautiful, Linda. The cardinals are beautiful and those dots really set it all off. Good choice. I love to go into my room and just rustle through the stash and come out with something unusual, but beautiful. I tried to start my table runner last night. I bought a pack of coordinated 5" blocks. Didn't like them all together. Couldn't come up with anything. Oh well, I will try again tonight. In the meantime I've been torturing my dog with new outfits. This dog is the BEST. He stands still for just about anything! LOL DH thinks he is "such a cute dog".
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Yippeee.. the fabric to finish my niece's quilt has arrived.. so I can get on that. I got the supplies to finish my last little boom block.. and I am tossing around ideas and got some fabrics for my table runner. Yeeeeee time gets away fast. I'm having problem with my class schedule. It appears I somehow managed to get a lab and a lecture for one class, by different instructors. Not sure if that's ok or not. If not then well, I am screwed and I will likely have to take another writing class *cry* and PROBABLY one I don't want to take cause the ones I do want to take are all filled at the moment. grrr. I's in a little pickle. I hope they just say it's ok to split the class. Otherwise it looks like the only thing I can do would be to have mon, wed, fri at 8am classes, and I work til midnight.. I think I would kill myself. Ok not really, but I would be dying slowly from the lack of sleep anyways. I'm not sure why life can't ever be easy. hehe not that this is real hard, it's just WAHHHHHH hehehe.

Im not even remotely close to professional. I honestly feel sorry for my partner haha.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Buslady how come your not posting those cute little outfits on your dog? snap a pic for us!

Jan, I think duct tape is a good idea. I have some let you know if it works. ah hell its too wide for what I gotta lift. darn it! maybe some thin masking tape. I can knot it at the top . I feel like maxime in the cartoon cards you see. belly button warmers is what I have. (OH NOW THAT IS AN IMAGE for ya)
    Linda

Well, I've had my laugh for the day - belly button warmers, duct tape (duck tape?). I have parts of the Oregon Trail on my shoulders - have always wanted reduction surgery, but couldn't afford it. Oh, well. It is what it is. Jaba, nice new avatar - purples and red mix well, me thinks. And professional, well I'm surely not. I don't even do a good stippling without that paper stuff that you hook onto your quilt top and it messes up all over your machine. I hand quilt some smaller things, but have arthritis and so can not hold anything big in my hands scrunched up...well, I'm not professional, but I really enjoy sitting by the hour in my sewing room creating something. Some are just better than others!!!
    Got my runner out, hoping my partner is working on the one to send me. I'm anxious to see. I know we still have time, but I'm ready to receive anytime she is ready to send!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    I'm getting anxious to receive mine runner too Vanogay. Took Xmas stuff down and now need some new pop around here.
    The purple and red was about 3 months ago for my granddaughter's hubby. Purple is crown royal bags and the red and gold is kind of like flames(harley davidson type) turned out great, thought I'd never get done putting all those 6 1/2" blocks together, it's an oversize king.

Blog Entries
    i will impart to you all the wisdom of the ages: none of us are professionals-- we all feel that everyone else does it better than us. that's just the way it is. boobs are never right. when we are young they are either too big or too small. too perky or too flat. too long, too short. too much nipple, not enough nipple. nipple color is wrong. men think differently. each one believes he is adonis and whatever he has is better than anyone else. and when he sees breasts only one thought goes through his mind-- BOOBS! I SEE BOOBS! my source is impeccable, so i believe these statements to be true.
    if you're not tripping on them when you walk, and they don't slap you in the face when you're on the back of his harley, they are OK! and naturally the nipple end up in your arm pits when you sleep on your back. how else would you keep the nipples warm?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Oh nancia never in my 66yrs. have I heard it said any better than that!!! Thank heaven I'm not short enough to walk on them, but close, and I've been on the back of many Harley's, the only thing I got slapped with were bugs and I sleep on my side so they rest and relax quite well. Thanks, you've given me a whole new outlook for my aging bod!! I feel so much better.

Oh my gosh what did I create with this? hahaha.. A haven for the crazies I agree with the boobs are never right and I agree that men just see/think BOOBBIIEESSSS. Men only think they're an adonis until they have one woman tear them down and call them small... or sensitive.. or any other demasculating thing. then they are perpetual babies about it.

Well.. school is sorted out, but I really think my technology is starting a revolt. First my mp3 player that died but didn't die.. then my tv which is... doing something weird.. now my truck..ugh. I'm really beginning to hate fridays, I'm sick of my lunch getting thrown away cause I'm in a hurry and mostly comatose autopilot when I get to work and keep forgetting it's friday and that they throw ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING away from 3-6pm. Aka, right after I get there but before my darned break so I don't even know it until I nonchalantly go looking for a snack.. then it's like.. heartbreaking for the rest of the day. Today I mourn the loss of my sexy, insulated, perfectly sized, stainless steel coffee mug. Part of the his and hers that is the coffee mugs of my BF and I, purchased special for the occasion of the last time I saw him. Mourn with me friends.

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i will impart to you all the wisdom of the ages: none of us are professionals-- we all feel that everyone else does it better than us. that's just the way it is. boobs are never right. when we are young they are either too big or too small. too perky or too flat. too long, too short. too much nipple, not enough nipple. nipple color is wrong. men think differently. each one believes he is adonis and whatever he has is better than anyone else. and when he sees breasts only one thought goes through his mind-- BOOBS! I SEE BOOBS! my source is impeccable, so i believe these statements to be true.
    if you're not tripping on them when you walk, and they don't slap you in the face when you're on the back of his harley, they are OK! and naturally the nipple end up in your arm pits when you sleep on your back. how else would you keep the nipples warm?
    How funny - my chuckle to start my day - and unfortunately, you're so right (my source agrees with your source)
    Kathleen

ok figured out your solution anastasia! you need a thermal little lunch box. one tiny ice pack. your lunch by your side at all times never in the fridge no tossing out of your good things. Period. TADA!

I believe you all are right. Told that wise wisdom to my daughter at 18 complaining about her generous assetts and oh this and oh that and I said girl all they see are .. and they aint looking at your eyes or chin or fat on your thighs ..they see boobs. a whole lot of little flaws that I wish were my troubles are overlooked. Ah to be young and worry like about pinching your thigh to see the fat. not an issue here no pinching needed.

I think only a few tablerunners have been sent and received so far. How many are still out there Erin?

I know we are getting to the final stretch here so much time it seemed in the beginning now the clock is getting to the ticking part I think Come on show us what your doing/ fabrics maybe? a sneak peak at a tiny corner of a block you may have started? fabrics arent showing much come on! lets go! ra ra! lets go quilters lets go!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    as soon as boom blocks are done, in the mail monday! i start and finish the table runner. then do january's doll quilt, quilt coyote magic's dsil quilt, then wall-hanging, block of the month, and work on some personal projects. i owe a very nice lady in maine a replacement needlecase--no! i have not forgotten! and there's a bunch of jellyroll blocks to be completed and sent, oh, yeah, and my sister's wall-hanging christmas tree from 2011. she is always so patient!! ladies, have i forg---oh, darn, yes, and just that quickly it has leaked from my brain again! well, whatever it is it just might get done by august, or so. i know, the art quilt challenge! new beginnings! i'm so caught up in old endings.......
    Last edited by nancia; 12-29-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    heaven's to betsy, how could i leave out the mug rug??? or as my 3D inventions are now called, a mug HUG! in fact, i plan on 3 new designs!!

I like the one where you sit on the toilet and the nipples get caught between the seat and the bowl. Now that is a problem. I always sit down very carefully in case they have gotten out of control.

Oh, Twinkie - OUCH!
    Kathleen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

I know we are getting to the final stretch here so much time it seemed in the beginning now the clock is getting to the ticking part I think Come on show us what your doing/ fabrics maybe? a sneak peak at a tiny corner of a block you may have started? fabrics arent showing much come on! lets go! ra ra! lets go quilters lets go!
    OK, here's what I worked on today.
    Name:  2013 table runner exchange 1.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  22.4 KB
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Blog Entries
    Hi guys!
    So, please send some good thoughts my way....my beloved machine has kicked the bucket!! It happened right before we did our family Christmas, as I was last minute trying to finish blankets for the kiddoes that come over....hubby (who is mechanically gifted, and in a leg cast and at home under foot-pardon pun...has taken it apart twice, and it still won't sew)..I have posted a help me please on the Main board to anyone who has a Brother PC-420...Repairmen in my area charge $75.00 just to look at the machine!! Plus my tablerunner and a wall hanging I am working on for swaps here are NOT finished....YOW!!! Lastly my Mom who lives with hubby and I (lung cancer survivor, almost 9 years in remission, does great with only one lung usually) has pnemonia...so I just need some good thoughts and prayers, etc...sent my way, please!!! And anyone who has the PC-420, if you have any ideas, please let me know!
    Regards all,
    Kif
    PS Oh, Nancia, did I need the laugh your post gave me!!! Thanks!!
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    ok figured out your solution anastasia! you need a thermal little lunch box. one tiny ice pack. your lunch by your side at all times never in the fridge no tossing out of your good things. Period. TADA!
    Have one.. it got thrown away too. I dumpster dived and got that back! ugh. They will throw away everythinnnggg. Here is the thing, we sit at long tables, we're allowed to have ONE personal item at that table with us.. aka.. my purse..plus there is like no room because we're crammed in there elbow to elbow then they shove bins of files between us and then the computers are on the floor next to our feet and two monitors and sorting trays take up the table, so there's JUST enough room for the file we're looking at, and just enough room for a small purse next to us. Thank god I"m not one of those people that needs to carry the bathroom sink with them and carries those purses half their size. There is honestly nothing girlie in my purse.. haha actually well there is, it's a nail clipper and nail file, but that's it. The rest is charging cable, kleenex, ibuprofen, mp3 player, phone, walllet, keys, kindle, pens, notepad, chapstick and breath mints.. ok I guess those are girly. haha.

Ookkk so I went way off track.. anyways.. Uhmm.. I have to update the list to see how many we have still out there but quite a few basically.

Blog Entries
    wait a sec-- isn't it due out on/by the 15th of janumary?

Yes, yes it is..

And now.. someone.. tell me which one of these I should make.. on the one with the dark square border, pretend you don't see any lines in the white triangles... on the one that does not have a dark square border, pretend all the white beyond the dark border doesn't exist (aka it would be a shaped runner) I'm not real well versed in EQ yet and especially not for non typical shapes.

Which one should I do?

Name:  398641_10152401025610595_957196873_n.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  96.0 KBName:  483153_10152401025395595_1162549051_n.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  91.8 KB

Blog Entries
    I like the one with the blue border. I think it looks more finished.
    Donna C.
    dconroy84

Ditto, like the darker border.
    Kathleen

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast