Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013! >
  • Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013!

• Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:33 AM

I have stuffed full the larger box full of CHristmas fabric. the other is just sitting there. Another chime would be then maybe between partners they can decide what they want to swap out on the "unloved" fabric. Just a thought. I am up for whatever the consenses is. I love to say that "I am easy". Just don't say that to the wrong person. LOL
    Old 07-15-2013, 10:29 AM

I stuffed the smaller sized one full before I realized the larger is what we need. I would say it's still a lot, but if it costs the same amount to ship may be worth doing the larger box. It sounds like they aren't much different in dimensions.
    Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM

Just got back from the P O with my boxes. I now have one of each size box. It seems to me like the smaller one would be easier to load up because of how it opens. Unless I am looking at it wrong, the larger one would have to be stuffed from the end but the smaller one has larger flaps that open more like a typical box. Who'd a thought this could get so complicated?
    Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 PM

I'm wondering if the smaller one may be easier to get too? Sometimes certain shapes aren't carried at all post offices?
    Old 07-15-2013, 12:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew4nin
    Just got back from the P O with my boxes. I now have one of each size box. It seems to me like the smaller one would be easier to load up because of how it opens. Unless I am looking at it wrong, the larger one would have to be stuffed from the end but the smaller one has larger flaps that open more like a typical box. Who'd a thought this could get so complicated?
    This is precisely why I send the one that you load from the top to my grand daughter in HI. I have a harder time stuffing from the side. To be honest I though the more square one was bigger but that was by feel not by figuring out the volume. I am still on the fence because 20 plus yards would be a lot I might skip for now. I think it would be a lot of fun if you had that much unloved fabric to swap out.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 07-15-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 PM

I've joined the group - should I post a photo of what I want to swap?
    Old 07-15-2013, 04:20 PM

Okay I am going through some fabric that a dear friend of mine gave to me and I am finding a few things that are definately not to my taste, but a bunch of fabric. I thought I would list it here and if anyone is interested you could let me know. It is not your typical quilting fabric (in my very limited opinion, I've only been quilting 5 months), so I don't want to just put it into a swap box and "surprise" someone, but someone else may enjoy and use it. I have two different kinds of denim, they are both very soft and would be cuddly in a quilt. The dark denim is about 25 inches x 41 inches. The lighter denim is 27 inches x 58 inches but there is also a section which is 18 inches by 34 inches. This is one piece of denim, but just cut a little goofy. There is also a cordoray which is dark, dark blue with small flowers on it. This piece is 39 inches x 86 inches. And last, but not least I have 3 yards 21 inches x 42 inches of a seersucker (I think that is the right fabric) that is white base with butterflies and flowers all over.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this fabric and if not, oh well.
    Margit
    Old 07-15-2013, 04:22 PM
    Power Poster

The medium 11 x 8.5 x 5.5 flat rate box has an inside volume of 514.25 cubic inches

The medium 11.875 x 13.625 x 3.375 flat rate box has an inside volume of 536.94 cubic inches.

I think the 11 x 8.5 x 5.5 box is easier to pack stuff into.

The box a pound of butter comes in is approximately 4.75 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches = 58.19 cubic inches

So the difference in volume of the two boxes is about the volume of two sticks (quarter pound sticks) of butter.

Last edited by bearisgray; 07-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 PM

I'm so glad someone else did the math, too! I would not have come up with the sticks of butter, though. That is a very good way to visualize the size difference. I hope we end up going with the one that is easier to pack. Soon as I know which one, I will start packing to see what I can come up with before I sign up.
    Originally Posted by bearisgray
    The medium 11 x 8.5 x 5.5 flat rate box has an inside volume of 514.25 cubic inches

The medium 11.875 x 13.625 x 3.375 flat rate box has an inside volume of 536.94 cubic inches.

I think the 11 x 8.5 x 5.5 box is easier to pack stuff into.

The box a pound of butter comes in is approximately 4.75 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches = 58.19 cubic inches

So the difference in volume of the two boxes is about the volume of two sticks (quarter pound sticks) of butter.
    Old 07-15-2013, 07:58 PM

If you get some fabric you do not like...save it to start a box for next month! Sound like an idea to you????