Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

dragonfly--I gotta say you made my day! ;) And my back door is really my front door, but we don't use it. UPS guy knows us! Thanks again!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 PM

HOORAY!!!! My package finally made it into the mail today!!!

Someone in PA should start saying good-bye (and eating all that yummy stuff!) to those on the bench. Her package should arrive this Saturday. I am so sorry to have left her on the bench so long, but am happy that so many brought such yummy treats to help pass the time.

I had to laugh while at the Post Office... the lady offered "Express", for nearly $30 with an expected delivery this Saturday, or "Priority" for MUCH LESS $$$ ... also with an expected delivery this Saturday. GEEE, which do you think I chose? LOL! ;-)
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 PM

My package is off and in the mail now too.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 PM

Someone in Corpus Christi Texas should be on the look out.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
No package for me either, so back on the bench. :(
No package for me either...where is this bench? It has to be warmer then it is here tonight. It's going to be 31 degrees so I really hope that this bench is sitting out somewhere in the warm sunshine amongst a field of tulips like in Holland. But if its not in Holland...thats okay. LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by lydia coffman
Yay! Got my package yesterday...as always, when I was not expecting anything...and Oh My, what a package! Fabric of my favorite colors...and GOOD fabric, candy for the frazzled soul of mine, knick knacks, and yes, an elephant! Oh My!!
Now how did they get an elephant in that package? lolol
Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by mimom
ok, am I the only one who will put something in the mailbox just so you can put the flag up. And then after so long of staring at the mailbox with the flag still up from the window you start to wonder if the mailman was being lazy and didn't put the flag down. then go out there and check to make sure you dont have mail.
HaHa, I used to do that. I would watch out the window at the mailbox. I would hear a car go by and instead of looking out the window to see if the flag was up or down, I would run out to the mailbox just like a little kid. Now adays we have a Post Office box because where I live there is no mail delivery in the city limits. Our town has 800 residents. But we do get the PO Box for free. So I don't get to watch for the postman. And I only check my mail once a week and that is on Tuesdays on my way to my sewing group.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
Originally Posted by CAgirl1
I sent my package out today as well. Probably the 2nd busiest time of the year for the post office.

Well it should arrive "Deep in the Heart of...." real soon. ;)

Also, I got my wonderful package today too from Linda (jazs2)!!! Still having issues taking and posting pics that aren't already on my computer, but will keep trying.
I got some quilting needles (which I really needed), a point turner/seam creaser, which will be wonderful when I really start to work on some paper piecing projects, some mechanical pencils (where were these when I needed them today to sketch out my sisters lap quilt...hehee) and 5 wonderful fq's of fabric. Oh more fabric!!! Got to love it. Thank you so much Linda. I also got your card in the mail today.
Thank you.

(added note - Thank you so much Suzanne for all your hard work on this swap. You were a doll for hosting this swap so long). I wouldn't mind hosting the swap either, but not sure what the requirements are for hosting the swap. Hopefully we will know more soon.
hummm..."deep in the heart of..." that would be Texas and since I'm in south Texas maybe it is coming to my house cuz I'm deep in Texas - right?
Hehe I know a secret!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by cnolan
HOORAY!!!! My package finally made it into the mail today!!!

Someone in PA should start saying good-bye (and eating all that yummy stuff!) to those on the bench. Her package should arrive this Saturday. I am so sorry to have left her on the bench so long, but am happy that so many brought such yummy treats to help pass the time.

I had to laugh while at the Post Office... the lady offered "Express", for nearly $30 with an expected delivery this Saturday, or "Priority" for MUCH LESS $$$ ... also with an expected delivery this Saturday. GEEE, which do you think I chose? LOL! ;-)
Could that be me? I'm in Pennsylvania! I hope so. All this yummy food on the bench is making my clothes a little tight.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:54 AM

I want my April Secret Pal to know. I will mail his/her package tomorrow. I just returned from a Quilt Retreat where I made two "Just One Star" blocks, one with my name and one with my Secret Pal's name on it. I will mail both these blocks to Moda, but I wanted my SP to see the block I am sending with his/her name on it. Sure hope you like it.

P.S. My package is going Southeast of Kentucky.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187398.jpe