Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM

Got my secrect pa;s name and went through all their posts....yep, now I know why the more info the better!!!! Lots of "tells" in there!! Thanks Suzanne, this is too much fun!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by koko
Originally Posted by grammyj
Most of you really love your packages you get and put pictures on and thank the person that sent it.Last month I sent an extra nice box (I thought) with big bag of choc candy so the children could have some too. Not just a candy bar.there was lots of nice things in it.I saw a picture of the things posted but no acknowledgement as to who it was from or even a thank you.I checked the March list and Suzanne was not even notified that she got it. Just saying it's nice to get a thank you.
I agree it can be disappointing not to be thanked but the way I look at it is that probably life got in the way from having them respond and my efforts were rewarded by my knowing I did something nice for them that probably made their day.
I am so guilty of both of these and hope 'life' stuff finally straightens up soon. Thanks for your understanding which I know can only go so far. Hope past history speaks for itself and very soon I'm gonna be cracking the whip. Yee Haa
Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 AM

I found out who my SP is this morning and I'm doing the search through old post finding out more about the person than what is on the Swap info (not much) and not much on their profile page either. I have some ideas and I think I'll run with them. Hopefully it works out.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:05 AM

I just got back from shopping for my Secret Pal ... hoping to get the box out today.

My Secret Pal put lots of information on the Swap info it was so easy to shop for this person!!! Thanks for providing lots of information it makes it so much easier.

The parcel will be going South of the Border to me!!! :thumbup:

I am so excited ... this was the first swap that was so easy to buy for.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 AM

I agree. It is helpful when the profile is complete, and it makes it a lot easier to gather goodies. I am one of those who probably over tell,lol. Hope my pal finds me easy :mrgreen:
Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by lynnie k
Thanks Suzanne I got my SP. You did a great job again..........Thanks soo much you are a doll.

My SP likes alot of things and Chocolate imagine that.Could this be you:)
Yup :mrgreen:
Yup me too!!!! candi it must be you or me cause we like chocolate,and I don't think anyone else in the whole wide world does.tee hee
But, Mary, I don't think there is anyone who loves chocolate and candy more than I do :lol: :mrgreen:
Old 04-04-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
Well swappers, I'm off to bed. I'm pooped beyond belief and just downright p****d at the folks that haven't followed through.

Don't worry about my ranting but enough is enough and these people will no longer be able to participate..

Good night ya'll!
Suzanne
Suzanne, I am sorry some of us can't play fair and causing your trouble in the process...I continue to be amazed by this. Thanks for taking the tine and effort to organize this swap. The rest of use sure appreciate it.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by rejenea
Originally Posted by koko
Originally Posted by grammyj
Most of you really love your packages you get and put pictures on and thank the person that sent it.Last month I sent an extra nice box (I thought) with big bag of choc candy so the children could have some too. Not just a candy bar.there was lots of nice things in it.I saw a picture of the things posted but no acknowledgement as to who it was from or even a thank you.I checked the March list and Suzanne was not even notified that she got it. Just saying it's nice to get a thank you.
I agree it can be disappointing not to be thanked but the way I look at it is that probably life got in the way from having them respond and my efforts were rewarded by my knowing I did something nice for them that probably made their day.
I am so guilty of both of these and hope 'life' stuff finally straightens up soon. Thanks for your understanding which I know can only go so far. Hope past history speaks for itself and very soon I'm gonna be cracking the whip. Yee Haa
Rejenea, You are not guilty! You posted a picture and thanked me last month! Don't be so tough on yourself!! : )
Old 04-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by candi
I agree. It is helpful when the profile is complete, and it makes it a lot easier to gather goodies. I am one of those who probably over tell,lol. Hope my pal finds me easy :mrgreen:
I think I "over-tell" too, Candi.... but I just think it makes it easier for my pal. For those of you that don't put out too much info... it's still not too late to update your profile and add some info there. I always like to tell what I am working on or looking for each month.

So, if you think you may not have left enough "clues" for your secret pal... go edit your online profile now! It's never too late!!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
Thanks Suzanne I got my SP. You did a great job again..........Thanks soo much you are a doll.

My SP likes alot of things and Chocolate imagine that.Could this be you:)
Yeh.....