Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
hmmm its been 10 days now since I mailed my SP package and I havent heard anything, hoping she got it. It did have to go overseas and I know it takes any where from 7-10 days, I forgot to send it with tracking, all I have is a receipt no tracking numbers. This was my first and I hope she gets it soon. I had a Dr appointment that day I sent it, and was running late and just forgot to get a tracking number...(grrrr) (sorry I promise to do better next month)
If its coming to the UK it can sometimes take a little longer. Mine, going the other way, have taken up to 15 days.

Sigh, still sitting on the bench. Enjoying the sunshine until Tuesday when the mail starts again.
Thanks I guess I should of mailed it earlier, but I needed to go shopping for it...LOL thanks again for letting me know it might take longer...
Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Well, my question now is who do we PM that we've received out SP squishies Suzanne or Lori?

And I was surprised, pleased and gratified that my first swap partner filed a feedback/rating for me. Perhaps there are others that aren't aware that that can be done. I was thrilled when I saw that 1/100% next to my name, and now that I think about I'm embarrased because I'm not sure I remembered to do it for the person that sent me my first squishie :oops: :oops: and it was a very thoughtful, special one too
I just went looking to try to give my last month's SP feedback and I can't figure it out can someone help with that?
Old 04-24-2011, 04:18 PM

i didnt think about the feedback feature. gotta do that. thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by greenini
Well, my question now is who do we PM that we've received out SP squishies Suzanne or Lori?

And I was surprised, pleased and gratified that my first swap partner filed a feedback/rating for me. Perhaps there are others that aren't aware that that can be done. I was thrilled when I saw that 1/100% next to my name, and now that I think about I'm embarrased because I'm not sure I remembered to do it for the person that sent me my first squishie :oops: :oops: and it was a very thoughtful, special one too
Old 04-24-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i didnt think about the feedback feature. gotta do that. thanks for the heads up.

I did not know about PM'ing Suzanne either or the feedback..So I went and did all three :-) ..Sent Suzanne a PM and feedback for the one who sent me my package and one for the one who received my April Secret Package..
Old 04-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Aurora
This one sounds like it could be coming in my direction??? Maybe,,, just maybe
Gigi,

If you are in North Carolina, it is going further south by about 2 1/2 states. I hope yours is on its way.[/quote]

So if my geograhy is correct, 2 1/2 states south of North Carolina would be Florida, and guess who's in Florida? ME!!! Jumping up and down with excitement
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yippee.... It may be coming to me :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-24-2011, 06:07 PM

When I signed up for this swap, it was my first of the sort. I began gathering things I thought my SP would like immediately, and started working on the "personalized" stuff as soon as I received the name and information of my partner.

Since I had never participated in a swap of this type, I thought that once sign-up was complete, there would be little/no activity until packages started arriving. I never checked this thread until my package arrived.

I was AMAZED to find 68 pages of messages when I checked in to thank my SP for the incredible package I received. I did immediately PM Suzanne, post a "thank you" and pic's on the thread, and send a PM to my wonderful SP, Zappycat.

I certainly agree that we should all say thank you to our SPs and let them know that their time, effort, and money were not for nothing! However I really hope that no one decides to make month-long activity on the SP Thread a requirement. I know I don't always have time for a quiet thought to myself, let alone to keep up with my internet friends and this quilting board. I think it was John Lennon who said "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans". Let's keep in mind that everyone gets busy some times, and I can't imagine that I am the only one who has been kept away from my pc by things beyond my control.

OK... now that I have that off my chest, I want to stress that I have REALLY LOVED being a part of this swap, and plan to continue participating. Of course, next time, I WILL keep an eye on the thread to see what you are all talking about, doing, etc. :lol:
Old 04-24-2011, 06:44 PM

When I posted on page 77 I didn't know the board name of my SP Judith in AR. She was my friend Judy "grandme6"! I'd tease her because she'd post about eating the candy she'd get for her SP's and that always tickled me. Thank You for my terrific package Judy and for our baby's first seam ripper, you were a wonderful Pal! :D
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 PM

I just went looking to try to give my last month's SP feedback and I can't figure it out can someone help with that?
You send a Pm to Suzanne since she is still the swap hostess for this month.

To leave feedback you click that persons name and you will see feedback next to their name. Click that and scroll down to swap then add your comments in the text area.

Hoppa
Old 04-24-2011, 07:05 PM

Good Evening everyone! Well back several pages ago, I said I was going to send my package out real soon. Well it is going out tomorrow...it is going one state away from me...which way though??? Hope everyone had a nice Easter.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Originally Posted by Aurora
Gigi,

If you are in North Carolina, it is going further south by about 2 1/2 states. I hope yours is on its way.

So if my geograhy is correct, 2 1/2 states south of North Carolina would be Florida, and guess who's in Florida? ME!!! Jumping up and down with excitement
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yippee.... It may be coming to me :thumbup: :thumbup:
Terryl,

You are so cute, I can actually see and feel you jumping up and down, but don't hurt yourself.

While my latest update from the USPS shows it arrived in Orlando at 1:22 a.m. this morning, I am pretty certain it is not on its way to Ft. Myers.

I have seen no evidence that my SP has been on this thread recently. Perhaps, he/she spent the holiday weekend with family, in which case they had chocolate eggs because there are none in the package (didn't want chocolate all over the FQ's). It may not delivered until tomorrow.

It would be great if you were my SP, but it was not to be this month.

I just love delivery confirmation and knowing that my package will arrive soon -- it is almost as good as getting my own package.