Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
well you know you never know what is going on in someone's life. last month I posted a pic of my package and was in a hurry.....I thought I said thank you but when i went back and checked I hadn't. And I'm one that doesn't check this thread often....its all I can do to keep up with the board. I sent a pm apologizing and a card thru the mail but.....it was an honest mistake and I didn't mean to hurt my sp's feelings but I did. That's why I won't be doing anymore swaps. Between running kids back and forth to doctors and emergency rooms and now the 10,000 in bills we've got from those visits (and that's our part AFTER insurance), the van being wrecked and having to be replaced, I just can't take on one more thing. I honestly was so upset over this I almost asked Suzanne if she could take me this months.
So sorry to hear about health problems for your kids. i honestly don't know how you can afford to pay those type of bills. I thank God for our National Health Service, if has its problems but you always know you will get to see a doctor and receive treatment without having to worry about paying for it.

Hope all goes well for you Eileen
Old 04-24-2011, 12:57 PM

I am not a public speaker, I am a somewhat private person and I have been in this swap for a few months now. The first swap I signed up for said to send a "pm" which I did--I never posted on the topic on the board. Silly me, I failed to realize that this board is very public, so I should have known you were using some type of thread, but I didn't know that. I have sent a "pm" to each swap partner of mine and a thank you note, but didn't do it on the thread. When I did realize there was a thread to the swap, it was kind of late so I just figured next month I would post; well one of my swap partners asked me to not post a picture of what they sent and I respected their wishes and didn't post a picture or a list. I'm truly sorry for the misunderstanding. I have been given the privilege of being an angel for someone, and I enjoyed that too, because I too believe no one should be forgotten in this swap. And I still think this is all about fun! This month, I have watched the postings and I have to say that the posting is even more FUN than a package (not that I didn't get great packages, I did). I was missing a part of the game and I hate when that happens. I would like to thank all of you for being so much fun and so funny. I watch and say "hello" to board people, but rarely do anything on the board publicly (I use the pm). I've seen some negatives and I stopped posting anything except hello's, but that is irrelevant. I will try to do better in the posting of this topic because I want to have as much fun as the rest of you guys. My point is that when we do the sign up, we might want to explain about the mechanics of this in order for everyone to get the "complete" package in their swap. Hope this makes sense! And thank you for listening to someone who is continually learning. Sarah
Old 04-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Havplenty-I was one of your pals.When you recieved your swap from me you were very gracious and sent a PM to me and also posted you recieved it. That is all most of us are asking for. It is a very fun swap and that keeps it one. Then we aren't worried.It only took a few moments.Thanks Mary
Agreed! I think its more difficult to find the place to sign up for the swap than to find this thread to say thank you, or send a PM to say thank you! So, if you can sign up and take the time to complete that form, you should be able to find the time to just post here or PM... even if its simply... "package received, thank you!"

I absolutely do understand that not everyone has the capability to post photos and that's fine. I love to see the photos to get ideas for the next swap. I try to take a photo of my package contents before I send it out just in case my pal can't post photos.

I'm prepared to take a break in May and work on some of my own projects (or should I say START some of my own projects) if the swap is not up and ready to run for May. I'm sure the "behind the scenes" prep work can be quite involved, especially for the first time. Thank you Lori for taking over.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
I am not a public speaker, I am a somewhat private person and I have been in this swap for a few months now. The first swap I signed up for said to send a "pm" which I did--I never posted on the topic on the board. Silly me, I failed to realize that this board is very public, so I should have known you were using some type of thread, but I didn't know that. I have sent a "pm" to each swap partner of mine and a thank you note, but didn't do it on the thread. When I did realize there was a thread to the swap, it was kind of late so I just figured next month I would post; well one of my swap partners asked me to not post a picture of what they sent and I respected their wishes and didn't post a picture or a list. I'm truly sorry for the misunderstanding. I have been given the privilege of being an angel for someone, and I enjoyed that too, because I too believe no one should be forgotten in this swap. And I still think this is all about fun! This month, I have watched the postings and I have to say that the posting is even more FUN than a package (not that I didn't get great packages, I did). I was missing a part of the game and I hate when that happens. I would like to thank all of you for being so much fun and so funny. I watch and say "hello" to board people, but rarely do anything on the board publicly (I use the pm). I've seen some negatives and I stopped posting anything except hello's, but that is irrelevant. I will try to do better in the posting of this topic because I want to have as much fun as the rest of you guys. My point is that when we do the sign up, we might want to explain about the mechanics of this in order for everyone to get the "complete" package in their swap. Hope this makes sense! And thank you for listening to someone who is continually learning. Sarah
Thanks sik1010... it had never occurred to me that someone would specifically request that a photo NOT be posted!
And yes... posting here and reading all the comments really is every bit as much fun as creating and receiving packages!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:34 PM

The first time, I didn't have a camera to post and now I have the camera, but I need help operating it or at least getting it to talk to the computer. I've worked with computers for years, but not cameras, so I am in a learning mode, but once I master it watch out. Thank you also for acknowledging my lengthy explanation.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Sik1010 you have nothing to apologise for. You did the most important part, you said thank to the sender of your swap.

We all wait with trepidation and excitement what our swap partner's reaction is going to be with the parcel we have put together with a lot of forethought and effort. Not hearing anything, knowing it has been delivered is not nice. Even if the recipient does not post a public thank you or photos, a private one is really important.

But thank you so much for taking part. Everyone in the swap is so important.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:04 PM

Sik1010, welcome to the fun, be sure to jump in with both feel.

My parcel has made its way to Louisville and is in transit to its destination. Interesting how it must go northwest in order to get to a southeast destination.

I am thinking it could arrive Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

Now that my parcel is well on its way, I think I will bring a bottle of red wine and some cheese to the bench for a day or so while I wait for my SP to get her parcel.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aurora
Sik1010, welcome to the fun, be sure to jump in with both feel.

My parcel has made its way to Louisville and is in transit to its destination. Interesting how it must go northwest in order to get to a southeast destination.

I am thinking it could arrive Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

Now that my parcel is well on its way, I think I will bring a bottle of red wine and some cheese to the bench for a day or so while I wait for my SP to get her parcel.
This one sounds like it could be coming in my direction??? Maybe,,, just maybe
Old 04-24-2011, 02:41 PM

This one sounds like it could be coming in my direction??? Maybe,,, just maybe[/quote]

Gigi,

If you are in North Carolina, it is going further south by about 2 1/2 states. I hope yours is on its way.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:44 PM

I have just gotten caught up with the posts here and agree that we cannot force someone to be on this thread. I do believe that the requiremeNt that one post that they receive their squishy and also to their swap partner a PM.This should not take the fun out off it for anyone and if something in life should happen then a Pm should be sent to the swap hostess to let them know as this does happen on occassion so that someone is not stiffed or they can know that their pkg will be late. Have had these simple rules in swaps I have hosted years ago and had few problems. Think the biggest problem lies in the fact that we have gotten so big with all new people and that there is no way to screen them and we are finding some unfortunate ones who are taking advantage of the goodness of others.

Hoppa