Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Originally Posted by mooretll
Suzanne, sorry to hear you will not be hosting anymore but i can relate. I also farm and work outside the home so it can get very stressful trying to balance it all.This is only my second swap and it has help keep my mind busy. my Mother has stage 4 adeno carsonoma bone cancer and is not doing well so i hope someone will take over. I really enjoy reading and looking at all the different packages as well as picking out and putting togather my pals pack.By the way i am in the sunshine state also. Thanks for what you have done Suzanne!!
Sorry to hear about your mother - my prayers are with all of you.
Thank you, She need all the prayers she can get. She is only 69. has never smoke nor drank. Go figure, you just never know always remember to say i love you to the ones you love. you never know when it will be the last time.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:16 AM

I just have the card to put in the package and it will be good to go. Wanted to add more, but things just got in the way.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Here is the great package newquilter10 sent me (I did receive it Apr 15, but this is the first opportunity I've had to take pix). I'm almost done with the book, I drank the coffee already, the garden gloves are now absolutely filthy (lots of use already), and the fabric has been paired up with partners for the quilt I'm putting together. Thank you so much for everything.
Nice package!! My very first Secret Pal, MTQuilter09 sent me one of those Debbie Macomber books and I have been reading them ever since! I picked up a bunch of them at the thrift shop last week. I'm happy she introduced me to those books!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Suzanne, sorry to hear you will not be hosting anymore but i can relate. I also farm and work outside the home so it can get very stressful trying to balance it all.This is only my second swap and it has help keep my mind busy. my Mother has stage 4 adeno carsonoma bone cancer and is not doing well so i hope someone will take over. I really enjoy reading and looking at all the different packages as well as picking out and putting togather my pals pack.By the way i am in the sunshine state also. Thanks for what you have done Suzanne!!
Sorry to hear about your mother - my prayers are with all of you.
Thank you, She need all the prayers she can get. She is only 69. has never smoke nor drank. Go figure, you just never know always remember to say i love you to the ones you love. you never know when it will be the last time.
So sorry about your mother, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:34 PM

I Have been missing a lot of news here. Suzanne, You have done a great job and will be missed.
I hope to mail off a package to my secret pall this week. It will be coing south/east of me so those still on the bench it is coming your way.
This month has or is going by to fast. 4 birthdays and Easter inbetween is keeping me hopping. I have also been working on 3 quilts. One is the alphebet for my youngest GS and I am doing the letters paper piecing. Saw a short video on it awhile back so this is my first time. So far I have completed up to and thru the letter "O" and will start on letter "P" in the morning. Also made a star to be sent in for MODA's one star challenge.
We are making a sampler quilt in our guild so I have been able to use a lot of the beautiful fabrics I have received doing the SP swap. Love doing this and hope it will continue.
Better close up the sewing machine and my new Accuquilt GO and see about heading back to the bedroom to relax.
Happy quilting.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Got home from a weekend away and I was sure my squishie would be waiting for me. Alas, it was not so. So I decided to make some of my cinnamon rolls and take them to the bench. Anyone want to join me?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Plain Jane
Got home from a weekend away and I was sure my squishie would be waiting for me. Alas, it was not so. So I decided to make some of my cinnamon rolls and take them to the bench. Anyone want to join me?
count me in, I love me some cinnamon rolls,
Old 04-17-2011, 05:49 PM

Ohh sounds yummy! I'm coming. Bring your easter eggs to be filled as well. I can't promise the candy will makne it in though :wink:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane
Old 04-17-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by Gigi07
Now who could this be??

Your item was delivered at 11:56 am on April 16, 2011 in SAINT JOHNS, FL 32259.
Hmm....now you got me wondering! I see no package in the mailbox or the front door, but this sure is my address!!! I hope our carrier didn't deliver my package to a neighbor again :shock: He did that last week and the neighbor brought it to me. I guess if he really did that again, I need to file an official complaint, gee, it wasn't even the neighbor next door, but the one way down the street :x

Okay Candi, it took me a while but I have a solution for your mis/undelivered mail.......you can just have all your Swap packages sent to me
:mrgreen: :lol: :roll: :thumbup: my mailman ALWAYS delivers to the correct address. And of course you can "trust me" to see that it gets to you :shock: :shock:
Old 04-17-2011, 06:04 PM

My computer got over being mad at my printer and I was able to import pictures finally! I got a wonderful box from Saraaev (Sara). 2 quilting mags and a wooden cigar box fulll of stuff! 3 pieces of fabric none of which I have. 2 sisters soap that I have never tried before,Snicker easter eggs,some soft yarn, the prettiest ever pin cuchion, home made tissue holder made from great fabric, jelly bellys and a cozy quilt designs named Twirling. Can be made into a wallhanging up to queensize. Also a very nice letter. I loved every thing so much! Thank You, thank you!

opened box and was happy to see magazines
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185751[/ATTACH]

Then opened other box inside!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185752[/ATTACH]

All my goodies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185753[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185745.jpe   attachment-185746.jpe   attachment-185747.jpe