Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is! >

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Old 04-06-2015, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Very sweet doggie, Cactus Stitchin... border collie?
Old 04-06-2015, 04:26 AM

Close - Australian Shepherd. She didn't like being caught sniffing things - she knows it's sniffs only but can't help being a dog!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:06 AM

ok, I want to do better, any help is appreciated. Sorry I am not perfect. I'm wondering if I should give it up. sorry ladies, I am a bit depressed today. thanks for having me here anyway. hope e evryone had a nice day yesterday, I did. I have some sewing to do so I will talk to you all later.
Oh finished the mug rug, and will mail it tomorrow,or Friday. Depends on my partner
Old 04-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Thoughts & prayers going out to you today!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:51 AM

I'm practicing machine quilting every day so when I participate it won't be too bad. The book says that if I practice 10 minutes every day for 6 months I'll be able to quilt. So I bought the 365 quilt patterns by Leah Day. I'm so excited.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
ok, I want to do better, any help is appreciated. Sorry I am not perfect. I'm wondering if I should give it up. sorry ladies, I am a bit depressed today. thanks for having me here anyway. hope e evryone had a nice day yesterday, I did. I have some sewing to do so I will talk to you all later.
Oh finished the mug rug, and will mail it tomorrow,or Friday. Depends on my partner
I'm not sure what form of quilting you are really interested in doing, but there are sooo many free classes and videos that can teach us almost anything we want to learn? I love Youtube Videos...they have some great ones on any form of quilting that interests you. Avail yourself of all the wonderful teaching tools out there and don't get discouraged...get busy and learn girlfriend! Good luck and so glad you had a nice Easter.

Brat, thinking and hoping things are going well for you today! I made the deviled eggs we talked about and they were delicious! Wish I could have given you a bunch! Hugs!

I've been in contact with my second partner and I'm so excited to be partnered with both my new friends. We're getting snow (first time since way back in November) so guess I best dress warm today. I haven't completely decided on what I'm making, but I do love the process!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:03 AM

Share deviled egg recipe please?
Old 04-06-2015, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
Share deviled egg recipe please?
I can give you an "outline" cause I just add this and that?

I use yolks + a bit of the white...usually there are at least a couple that get torn in the process
Sweet pickles ground up
Sweet pickle juice
Lemon Juice
Black olives ground up...not too many
Regular mustard (go easy...start with a little...can always add more)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Onion powder

I mash the yolks and white til fine and then add ground sweet pickles and olives and stir them in. Then I add sweet pickle juice and lemon juice...I try to keep them balanced, but a bit more sweet than sour? Then I add the salt and pepper and onion powder and mustard. I stir it all in and lastly add the mayo to get the consistency I desire. If you add the mayo first it may end up runny by the time you get all the other ingredients in? Just taste as you go? Sorry I can't give more details, but my deviled eggs go fast and I never make enough. Not sure how I'll pass the recipe down, except by showing and having them taste as we go.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Banned

Many of you may remember about a week ago that I said my
hubs was talking about moving into my fabric room.

Well he made that move last Friday and here is a link to a SMALL
amount of the fabric that I have. These photos only show about
1/3 to 1/2 of my fabric..... I SOOOOOOOOOOOO need help in sorting
and downsizing this mess.

Here is the LINK to my post.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
Start by cutting all threads. if you're stuffing something, stuff till it's full, then add some more. if thers a pleat, it's not stuffed enough. same as if theres a wrinkle in the fabric, not stuffed enough. if turning something insideout, make sure the closure is neat and pretty, if you wouldn't want it, no one else will. do your utmost best at all times. take tiny little stitches so things are neat. good luck. most of all. take your time, no reason to rush.