Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

• Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 12:32 PM

Well, I commend you all for getting right to shipping. I received 5 packages today which must be a record. Several more are on the way to arrive on Monday. We look like we'll be in good shape to start right on time at this rate.

Macybaby, I know those 50 star blocks but I haven't made any yet. I really hope you will post a pic of them when you get a chance. They're truly beautiful patterns and you're sure to have done them justice.

Old 01-22-2022, 12:33 PM

Very high winds yesterday for our area (gusts to 65 mph). Power out ~4:30pm to 10:00pm, right through news and Jeopardy. Finished my e-book, called friends, fixed dinner (gas stove), napped in semi-upright chair. Piled on blanket and 1 dog nap. Computer on battery, so played games, no internet. My plan to choose fabrics and make BOOM block for myself, aborted. So that's what I'm doing today.
    I'm excited to get started.
    Kuddos to you who've picked UFO's to finish. I have those too, something shinny caught my eye.
    Old 01-22-2022, 12:57 PM

That’s one full day, Pet! We had a snowstorm last weekend and losing power was my chief concern. Sounds like you used your time well. 😀
    Originally Posted by petthefabric
    Very high winds yesterday for our area (gusts to 65 mph). Power out ~4:30pm to 10:00pm, right through news and Jeopardy. Finished my e-book, called friends, fixed dinner (gas stove), napped in semi-upright chair. Piled on blanket and 1 dog nap. Computer on battery, so played games, no internet. My plan to choose fabrics and make BOOM block for myself, aborted. So that's what I'm doing today.
    I'm excited to get started.
    Kuddos to you who've picked UFO's to finish. I have those too, something shinny caught my eye.
    Old 01-22-2022, 04:34 PM

Pet, sounds like you turned a bummer afternoon into a real plus. Good for you. Hope your power stays on
    Old 01-22-2022, 04:44 PM

boom-sample-log-cabin-1-2-2mp.jpg
    Here's a sample block to show fabrics chosen, wonkyness, improvisational cutting/sewing. Even the order of sewing together a log cabin quilt was changed. When I thought it large enough, nope, added a couple more strips. None of these fabrics are solid, the solids are all packed for moving. Used the back of 3 fabrics. There's even one ditsy print, but hey it went with the colors.

The one fabric that stands out, a darker coral, I made small to minimize the impact.

When the power came on at 10pm, it has stayed on. The wind is gone today. I should know by now, when there's any possibility of power out, to grab several buckets of water. Live and learn.

Last edited by petthefabric; 01-22-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    Old 01-23-2022, 08:14 AM

Would you like me to put this one in the gallery?
    Attachment 637499
    Here's a sample block to show fabrics chosen, wonkyness, improvisational cutting/sewing. Even the order of sewing together a log cabin quilt was changed. When I thought it large enough, nope, added a couple more strips. None of these fabrics are solid, the solids are all packed for moving. Used the back of 3 fabrics. There's even one ditsy print, but hey it went with the colors.

The one fabric that stands out, a darker coral, I made small to minimize the impact.

When the power came on at 10pm, it has stayed on. The wind is gone today. I should know by now, when there's any possibility of power out, to grab several buckets of water. Live and learn.
    Old 01-23-2022, 09:04 AM
    Power Poster

Cool wonky block, Pet. Glad you got your power back on.
    Old 01-23-2022, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Would you like me to put this one in the gallery?
    Yes. That's a beginning
    Old 01-23-2022, 03:23 PM

Will do. Thanks!
    Yes. That's a beginning
    Old 01-23-2022, 03:51 PM

Here’s one for the gallery too. I making some 18, 6, 9” finished blocks to go along with the blocks the boom made last time and will this time. I was able to use many of the scraps you sent back. It’s going to be a wild quilt for my daughter. Can’t wait to see what you make.

Attached Thumbnails 083f286c-c7eb-4390-a6ac-53c99163bf2c.jpeg