Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 12:32 PM
  #41  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Janice McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WNC
Posts: 8,176
Default

Well, I commend you all for getting right to shipping. I received 5 packages today which must be a record. Several more are on the way to arrive on Monday. We look like we'll be in good shape to start right on time at this rate.

Macybaby, I know those 50 star blocks but I haven't made any yet. I really hope you will post a pic of them when you get a chance. They're truly beautiful patterns and you're sure to have done them justice.

Janice McC is offline  
Old 01-22-2022, 12:33 PM
  #42  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,348
Default

Very high winds yesterday for our area (gusts to 65 mph). Power out ~4:30pm to 10:00pm, right through news and Jeopardy. Finished my e-book, called friends, fixed dinner (gas stove), napped in semi-upright chair. Piled on blanket and 1 dog nap. Computer on battery, so played games, no internet. My plan to choose fabrics and make BOOM block for myself, aborted. So that's what I'm doing today.
I'm excited to get started.
Kuddos to you who've picked UFO's to finish. I have those too, something shinny caught my eye.
petthefabric is offline  
Old 01-22-2022, 12:57 PM
  #43  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Janice McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WNC
Posts: 8,176
Default

That’s one full day, Pet! We had a snowstorm last weekend and losing power was my chief concern. Sounds like you used your time well. 😀
Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Very high winds yesterday for our area (gusts to 65 mph). Power out ~4:30pm to 10:00pm, right through news and Jeopardy. Finished my e-book, called friends, fixed dinner (gas stove), napped in semi-upright chair. Piled on blanket and 1 dog nap. Computer on battery, so played games, no internet. My plan to choose fabrics and make BOOM block for myself, aborted. So that's what I'm doing today.
I'm excited to get started.
Kuddos to you who've picked UFO's to finish. I have those too, something shinny caught my eye.
Janice McC is offline  
Old 01-22-2022, 04:34 PM
  #44  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mn
Posts: 6,100
Default

Pet, sounds like you turned a bummer afternoon into a real plus. Good for you. Hope your power stays on
terriamn is offline  
Old 01-22-2022, 04:44 PM
  #45  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,348
Default

boom-sample-log-cabin-1-2-2mp.jpg
Here's a sample block to show fabrics chosen, wonkyness, improvisational cutting/sewing. Even the order of sewing together a log cabin quilt was changed. When I thought it large enough, nope, added a couple more strips. None of these fabrics are solid, the solids are all packed for moving. Used the back of 3 fabrics. There's even one ditsy print, but hey it went with the colors.

The one fabric that stands out, a darker coral, I made small to minimize the impact.

When the power came on at 10pm, it has stayed on. The wind is gone today. I should know by now, when there's any possibility of power out, to grab several buckets of water. Live and learn.

Last edited by petthefabric; 01-22-2022 at 04:48 PM.
petthefabric is offline  
Old 01-23-2022, 08:14 AM
  #46  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Janice McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WNC
Posts: 8,176
Default

Would you like me to put this one in the gallery?
Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Attachment 637499
Here's a sample block to show fabrics chosen, wonkyness, improvisational cutting/sewing. Even the order of sewing together a log cabin quilt was changed. When I thought it large enough, nope, added a couple more strips. None of these fabrics are solid, the solids are all packed for moving. Used the back of 3 fabrics. There's even one ditsy print, but hey it went with the colors.

The one fabric that stands out, a darker coral, I made small to minimize the impact.

When the power came on at 10pm, it has stayed on. The wind is gone today. I should know by now, when there's any possibility of power out, to grab several buckets of water. Live and learn.
Janice McC is offline  
Old 01-23-2022, 09:04 AM
  #47  
Power Poster
 
sewbizgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 24,706
Default

Cool wonky block, Pet. Glad you got your power back on.
sewbizgirl is offline  
Old 01-23-2022, 03:05 PM
  #48  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,348
Default

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Would you like me to put this one in the gallery?
Yes. That's a beginning
petthefabric is offline  
Old 01-23-2022, 03:23 PM
  #49  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Janice McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WNC
Posts: 8,176
Default

Will do. Thanks!
Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Yes. That's a beginning
Janice McC is offline  
Old 01-23-2022, 03:51 PM
  #50  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,650
Default

Here’s one for the gallery too. I making some 18, 6, 9” finished blocks to go along with the blocks the boom made last time and will this time. I was able to use many of the scraps you sent back. It’s going to be a wild quilt for my daughter. Can’t wait to see what you make.

Attached Thumbnails 083f286c-c7eb-4390-a6ac-53c99163bf2c.jpeg  
mjpEncinitas is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter