Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 04:20 PM

Bio for Pet.

im a 62 year old mostly retired exercise physiologist who specializes in Fall Prevention. When Covid is waning I teach exercise and yoga classes for active older adults and train one on one with fragile older adults.

I play tennis a lot with my women’s doubles partner and DH, bicycle and kayak with DH and do dance parties and strength training with my 25 year old son.

ive made it a goal this year to quilt a lot and do a lot of art quilts. my boom sisters have worked with me on my piecing. I always do one Carrie Nation block each boom because it’s my nemesis. Many of you will get raw edge applique blocks , which I’m much better at. I also love FMQ.

i also started decluttering and organizing the house last year. I did about 80 days of the organize 365 100 day organization program. I think it worked for me because it’s only 15 minutes to 30 minutes for each job and the program cost me $$$$ and I felt very guilty every time I skipped. Im finishing up the house organization in January and February. DH and I will do the garage in April and May.

in March DH and I will take a 5 week van trip hiking, biking, and kayaking our way to and from Omaha where my daughter, two bonus grandchildren and twin baby girl grandchildren are located. My daughter finally gave me permission to post a picture of them.

I do these big van trips so my DH will continue to be willing to live in an urban San Diego suburb. My husband bought a new van potty and he got roasted on Facebook when he told everyone it was my Xmas gift.

life is pretty good. If we can avoid bringing Covid the the fragile babies we’ll be happy

Attached Thumbnails 62df4eca-435b-4d23-a2a7-61a63519112f.jpeg  
Old 01-23-2022, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

What adorable grandbabies, MJP! Are they eating red velvet cake, or beets?

Now I'll have to go look up what the Carrie Nation block is...
Old 01-23-2022, 07:45 PM

OH my gosh! How precious are they, Mary Jo! I know you can't wait to be with them. Cherish every second, they grow much too fast.
I've always said that grandchildren are God's reward for raising your own without strangling them some of the times. Grands are a reward worth waiting for.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:27 AM

MK great block and precious grandchildren, you are one very lucky grandmother.

greamE I am always amazed at your hand sewn blocks, they are wonderful! You must have the patience of a saint
Old 01-24-2022, 06:53 AM

MJP, what adorable grandbabies! Enjoy every minute you can with them. They do grow up too fast.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:34 AM

Mjp, your grands are darling! Glad you could share a pic.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:36 PM

Hiya Boomers!

My name is Jayne, I live in Cheyenne, WY with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. I went through a sudden divorce 3+ years ago - my boom sisters were an amazing support - and have not looked back! I have two grown boys, one is married, one has a long term GF. Neither of them plan to have kids. Fortunately my boyfriends kids do! I'm ready to be a grandma.

I am a full time teacher. I am the director of a district wide graduation program for at risk students. Very similar to an old one room schoolhouse. We do whatever it takes and get diplomas in the hands of kids who haven't always had a lot in life go their way. Prior to this, I was a high school math teacher, so I love the "thinking" part of quilting.

I've quilted for about 10 years and been in the Booms since around 17 or so. It is my FAVORITE.

I plan on retiring in two years... doing lots of traveling and sailing.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:36 AM

Hello Boomers,
I am from Ohio and my husband and I spend most of our time there, but usually go to Florida from mid-January to sometime in March. I have been a boomer since #3 (2010) when I retired from my job as a technical service librarian. We have two grown children, a son and a daughter, neither of which is married and I envy you with grandchildren. Don;t think that will happen for us, but there is always hope. My goal this year is to actually quilt several of the tops I have put together and give them to my great-nieces and nephews for Christmas. Those that got t-shirt quilts when they graduated might have to wait till next year! Hopefully the suitcase full of fabric I brought down with me contains the colors I need. Otherwise, I will have to head down the road to Joann's. Attached are the two fabrics I sent for this boom.

Attached Thumbnails aaa-coffee-cups.jpg   swirl-teal-n-purple.jpg  
Old 01-25-2022, 03:47 AM

Good morning ladies, I love reading the bio’s. It’s nice to get to know your new friends when you can’t meet them face to face.

I am loving the blocks posted so far. I have made one, I need to get it posted here.

Have a great day.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:45 AM

Good morning. Just a quick fyi that our final F8s should be in by Wednesday. We're in good shape for me to ship by Monday, the scheduled date. Woo hoo!