Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 10:54 AM

I've been working on putting together blocks from past BOOMS, and thinking about everyone that I've swapped with in the past.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:01 PM

Well, no backing fabric yet so I've cut and made myself some blocks for the Begonias group today.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0082-2-.jpg   100_0083-2-.jpg   100_0088-2-.jpg  
Old 01-27-2022, 01:45 PM

Last two for today.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0092-2-.jpg   100_0090-2-.jpg  
Old 01-27-2022, 01:58 PM

What fun looking at the blocks from Boom 14 and 15. In 14, there were a couple blocks that were "samplers" of 16 little blocks to make the one block. WOW! Those are amazing... anybody remember who made them?
Old 01-27-2022, 02:41 PM

JayneW, unfortunately when I started with the gallery I didn’t keep track of who made what. If the blocks don’t have a name listed, the info is probably lost.
Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
What fun looking at the blocks from Boom 14 and 15. In 14, there were a couple blocks that were "samplers" of 16 little blocks to make the one block. WOW! Those are amazing... anybody remember who made them?

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-27-2022 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:02 PM

Well, I am late to the party. My mom had another surgery on Monday and it required a skin graft. Life is always interesting.

I am a 52-year-old that loves all crafts. I sew, quilt, sublimination, paper craft, crochet, and love ceramics. I am married and have four sons and a bonus daughter. We have two grandsons, Hyde (5 Feb 4) and Hendrix (3 March 1). My eldest (Joshua - 30), his wife and the boys just moved to Arkansas. They drove out on January 14th and I flew out with the boys on the 18th. It feel like a part of my heart has been ripped out. They are living in my Great Uncles home that was built in the 1840. Our goal is to be in Arkansas within 3 years, depending on when I desire to retire. My second born son (Jacob - 29) works for Tesla in Nevada and just informed me he will be moving to Texas by the end of the year to work on the Tesla big rigs. He was married in October. My youngest (Adam - 23) plans to move to Oklahoma this spring. My third son (Austin - 26) still lives at home and my bonus daughter (Natalie-22) lives about 20 miles away with her grandmother, my mother-in-law. She has jaw cancer and we did not want her living alone but she does not want to leave her home, which is understandable.

My mom has stage 4 inflammatory breast cancer. It is extremely aggressive and I help care for her. She lives with my sister who lives 8 miles away. They have told us there is nothing else they can do after 4 surgeries and 1 year of chemo. My sister's husband has Parkinson so I assist with him too. Around all that, I sew and quilt.

I work full-time as a fiscal policy advisor to the governor. I love my job but working from home these last two years is taxing. I miss the interaction with people. I think our Legislature likes the remote hearings so who knows if we will ever go back to in person hearings. Time will tell.

I joined in Boom 18. I love making blocks for others. I would always default to paper-piecing, but make myself do piecing and applique. I just love the precision I get with paper piecing.

We have a 15 month old Belgian Malinois that is training for nose work and agility. She is so cute and so much fun. We have 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. I love animals.

The picture is of my grandsons feeding the chickens at their new home in Arkansas and one of my pup.

Attached Thumbnails boys-feeding-chickens-subiaco-ar-1.20.22.jpg   clea-11.11.21.jpg  

Last edited by hav4boys; 01-27-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:32 PM

Here is what I've been working on. These are from a previous BOOM swap, but I don't recall which one. I sent out all different color of fabric from the HandSpray collection. Glad I finally got to them as a few of the colors, I barely had enough fabric left to do this. I turned the 12" blocks into 18" blocks, and this is the layout of how they go together.

I sure do miss my design wall at times like this. Right now it's behind temporary shelf for kitchen stuff. I'll be so glad when the main kitchen remodel is done and I can move all that out of the small studio kitchen.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5497.jpg  
Old 01-27-2022, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Sorry, to intrude. I do not quilt at all, but I sure enjoy looking at all the blocks and looking at past Booms. I was only able to find one 16 little blocks of which the enlarged image is at https://boomerangswaps.weebly.com/up...06783_orig.jpg It looked like most of the blocks that were found above it in the "Blocks for Moonrise" section. I found where Moonrise posted the image of the blocks all together that she received at Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Thank you, Janice. I sure do like following these booms and looking at some of the past booms.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-27-2022 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:57 PM

Hello one and all! We have been camping at Quartzsite AZ and enjoying the lower desert weather with a huge group of other Christian RV'rs. Love it and enjoyed but didn't have any free time to take out machine and sew.
I am now back "home" and trying to finish up a few UFO's before I get to play with everyone's fabric.
I have no clue when I started Boomerangs - a very long time ago.. I have missed some when we were on the road and everyone sent the individual F8 and blocks to each other. I also love looking back at everyones work and creativity and memories.
I just realized today - by accident of course - that I can move my needle right and thus make those horrid "scant" 1/4' seams!! This a game changer for me to be sure. I plan on a few practice blocks this weekend.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:04 PM

Thought I would post a photo of our motorhome. We traded in our fifth wheel and truck last spring and downsized to this 35" Tiffin. So much easier to handle and get into the older campgrounds and national parks.
In September we answered a call about a man being evicted from his apartment and needing a home for the dog. We took one look at her and knew it was for keeps. Her name is Roxy and she is German Shepard,Siberian Husky, boarder collie and about 12 more breeds!
Attached Thumbnails tiffin-jan.jpg   roxy-jan.jpg