Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 06:45 PM

It must be amazing RVing, travelinggramma! Hubby and I have discussed " we might do it" when we are retired and all our kids are settled down. America is so big and beautiful and there is so much to see! But part of me thinks, I'm already tired after each day and I'm not quite 30, I don't know about RVing when I'm 60! I'm such a homebody too.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:47 PM

I love the way you set your Boom blocks, Macybaby! I'm going to have to remember that layout.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:43 AM

Good morning! Nice to have you back with us, TG. Thanks for sharing the pic of your motorhome. This is the downsized model? My gosh, your previous rig must have been enormous. Your Roxy is adorable and looks rather content. Heinz 57 variety dogs are the best and healthiest in general. (Don't tell my pitbull I said that.)

NZQ, DH and I briefly considered RV'ing when we retired. Recently we checked out motorhomes and what we'd want would be quite large but we realized neither of us is willing to attempt to drive one. I think we'll eventually travel and stay in hotels instead.

Macybaby, your setting for the blocks is so interesting! Quite eye-catching. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Still waiting on the final F8s to arrive and it's not supposed to happen today. Looks like they're stuck in PO purgatory for the time being. Oh, well, gives me extra time to get the labels properly set up. Happily, when they're ready to ship, the carrier will pick up here at home so I won't have to lug them to the post office.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day!
Old 01-28-2022, 03:58 AM

TGIF, it feels like it’s been a long week. We got more snow overnight. I love the snow but not the bone chilling cold.

Macy baby, that is a cool quilt layout.

Sorry to see Jaba had passed, she was such a great quilter and friend. I sure will miss all our friends and love ones that have passed. I live in a small town and we have lost so many customers that come into my office at least once a month. These people have been with our office for years and have become my friends. It’s sobering. So far I have been able to stay healthy.

Jancie, glad the mail is right on track. I’m excited to get started. I am ready to see all the beautiful fabrics.

Everyone have a great Friday.

Old 01-28-2022, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Thought I would post a photo of our motorhome. We traded in our fifth wheel and truck last spring and downsized to this 35" Tiffin. So much easier to handle and get into the older campgrounds and national parks.
In September we answered a call about a man being evicted from his apartment and needing a home for the dog. We took one look at her and knew it was for keeps. Her name is Roxy and she is German Shepard,Siberian Husky, boarder collie and about 12 more breeds!
cute puppy, we love to camp also. Love your camper. I have a 34’ travel trailer that could be a home if needed. It has every comfort of home, except my sewing machine. Sitting around the campfire in the evenings is so relaxing.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:57 AM

Macybaby; love what you did to join them.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=Libster;8533726]Well, no backing fabric yet so I've cut and made myself some blocks for the Begonias group today.[/QUOT

Stunning blocks libster. This will be a pretty quilt.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

TG, that camper is HUGE. And you had one that was bigger? I’d be too scared to drive it!
Roxy is so cute. It’s great you were able to take her and give her a loving home. How does she do with all the travel?
Old 01-28-2022, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

Another great setting, Macybaby! I’ve done the BK patterns but never thought about putting Boom blocks in one. Looks great!

Libster, so many pretty blocks! You’ll be ready for a big quilt when you get your boom blocks back.

Im finally back home… been in Memphis for 3 weeks. I had some wonderful time with my 2yo granddaughter Ivy. It’s amazing how much she changes between visits. We were quizzing her on what our ‘real’ names were, (not just “Mommy, Daddy”, etc.). She calls me BonBon, so she said my name was BonBon BonBon. Ha! I will miss her til I go back.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:04 AM

We went fulltime RVing in 2003. We found this 39' fifth wheel which we both loved and then found the truck that would pull and stop it! i learned to drive the truck around town and then hooked up the trailer and could do that also. we also towed a car behind it.
Roxy got used to to traveling. And walking on the lead, and using the dog parks. She loved the desert where she could play all day with all the other dogs in our group ! they make friends too.
Macybaby - I will have to look up that pattern - really increased the quilt and makes each block pop. great idea.
Attached Thumbnails 2019newmar.jpg