Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Marcialee some pretty blocks there. Thank you for my pottery fleck and teal block for grandma's quilt.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

GramE I think it is the same block with a different layout as in colors. It is a Nine Patch with 4 inch squares and quarter square triangles. With both blocks I tried to get as much of their fabric in as I could, just with fussy cutting it is not always as efficient so I had to use some other fabrics.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:52 AM

Lovely collection of blocks, marcialee! Thank you for mine! I love the brown in it!
Old 03-11-2022, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
Block for lobster

Marcialee, thank you for my pretty star block.
Old 03-11-2022, 01:34 PM

Marcialee, great blocks! I really love the one you made for me, the green looks great in it!

Sewbiz, did you meet Givio through the Boom's? Or did you know her otherwise? I'm sure I probably know this, but don't recall. Beautiful quilt, what a gift to her family!
Old 03-11-2022, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Lovely blocks, TG! I find curved blocks so hard...

Here are my final blocks...
Pinwheel for MJP
Treasure Box for Lstew (this turned out to be one of my favorites?)
Weathervane for Libster
Another pinwheel for MJP
Squirrel in a Cage for Hav4boys

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Hav4 - I would never ever consider doing that block without pp!! Bravo to you!
Here is my block for Anna - I only got one f8 for her and decided to make up this block. Two arrows facing upwards and crossing signifies friendship (as per all the symbol charts I found)
I posted the oops - a broken arrow!! so you can see the final is atleast not broken!
TG, these arrows are pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I was able to sew for a large part of the day today and made several blocks. The first one is a quilt block interpretation of a rail road sign for travelinggramma, the second block is for Bibliostone's tea cups fabric, the 3 rd block is for have4boys using the beautiful tie-dye fabric and the final block is for Lstew 2212. I hope these are to you liking and will fit in.
Annaquilts, Thank you for fir the great block. It’s perfect.

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Lovely blocks everyone.
Finished the BOOM just in time. Friday night my 26 year old son (6'4" abd 280 pounds) was jumped leaving the movies by 8 -10 kids. He was pulled down by his hair and repeatedly kicked. He has a broken back. Thankfully no brain bleed of kidney damage. I am so angry. He is sick a gentle and kind spirited man. The police are searching for the kids. Thankfully there were cameras at the movies.
Hav4boys, my heart breaks for your son and the whole family. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. I hope the whole group of people are brought to justice. This is just senseless cruelty.

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I love your new avatar, Janice! Is that your latest scrap quilt? So much color!

Here is a block for Lstew2212. It's called 1930's Block, from Quilters Cache.
NZquilter, I love my block, Thank you.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I thought y'all might like to see a quilt by Givio that I just finished quilting for her. She wanted this one to go to her son. She consiered it her "crowning achievement" as a quilter. I agree!

Tons of fussy cutting.
Givio was a really good quilter, I loved seeing her work. Sewbizgirl, I’m glad you could finish this quilt for her family.

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
Blocks for lstew2122. Petehefabric
Marcialee, great block. I love it. Thank you.

I love seeing all the great blocks. Show and tell is my favorite.
Old 03-11-2022, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

LOVED your block show, Marcialee! You posted 13 blocks. Do you have pics of the rest? You should have about 6 more (including mine). I hope you can show us the others...
Old 03-11-2022, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Jayne, I met Givio several years ago in the Pony Club thread. We were making the 1930's Farmer's Wife blocks then. We talked a lot through pms and email... several times a week, faithfully. Huge messages, sharing life, thoughts and plans. Now my inbox is so quiet. It was always a happy day when there was a number in my bell.
Old 03-12-2022, 03:50 AM

Good morning. It’s sleeting here but should stop soon. Unfortunately temps are dropping into the teens today so it won’t be pleasant. Spent all day yesterday with dgd Charlie here at the house. Her folks were working so she stayed longer than usual. She took a nap on the guest bed, a first for her, and woke up in a happy mood. It was a great day. We’re starting to prep her for coming here when her mom goes into labor. Third week of April is when the new baby is expected. Soon now!

Great blocks, Marcialee! A block show.

SBG, If Marcialee doesn’t post the rest of the pix in the next few days, I’ll open her package and do it.

Does anyone have any exciting or interesting plans for the weekend? We’ll be hanging out here. I’ve got my Boom 21 blocks on the design wall and am trying to figure out what to do with them.

Have a lovely day, Begonias!
Old 03-12-2022, 05:44 AM

Janice nothing exciting going on here. We have dropped down to the 40’s again but next week is supposed to be beautiful. Think this weekend will be a good time to sew.

How exciting that the new baby will be here soon and Charlie gets to spend more time with you