Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 07-05-2017, 06:50 AM

Well happy to hear! Now go sew something and give us a show and tell! <3

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
I'm happy to announce! I have ALL July in the mail. Also, I got my final birthday candies from Nelco. My life is complete!
Old 07-05-2017, 06:53 AM

MizMelly beautiful sunflowers. Her in Michigan my sunflowers are about 7 inches high Our won't look like that until late August / early September. This is the first time I have grown sunflowers so I will post when they bloom.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:55 AM

okay....what is a HST? sounds contagious

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
It is now the end of the day, July 4th. I am passing on the local fireworks but to up date you on my "freedom from...." efforts today. Emptied two big totes, and two under-bed sized totes. No congratulations. Most of that was digging down to the bottom of totes and pressing scraps, cutting scraps into standard sizes that I use and combining the contents of some bins. I really have less than a shopping bag of pieces that fell into the "ugly" bag. Most of those were pieces that were to thin and just not appropriate for quilts. I was surprised how little put in the give away pile.

I also finished piecing and sandwiching a baby quilt and began laying out a new top made of scrappy half-square triangles. SOOOO scrappy! Looks good. Found the HST all ready to go in a zip-lock bag during my cleaning and sorting. Only need to make 60 more (30) and I have plenty of 5" squares ready to use. All around a good day of cleaning, quilting and of course viewing Yankee Doodle Dandy, a family tradition for July 4th.

Hope your day was wonderful and filled with good food and great friends and fireworks!
Old 07-05-2017, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
Here are Jaba's charms' Such bright colors:

Jane, your birds are so cute and with the added painting on them makes them pop out at you.

By the way I have been busy with this-n-that and I have missed the last 4 months of birds. Do you know what # post they are on? Or anyone out there.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:03 AM

Thank you Nelco for the pretty charms. I received them on 6-29. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post it sooner.

Thank you Barb, sunrise450, redstilettos for your thoughts ,prayers and support.

Sunrise450, I'm sorry to hear about your dh, I hope he's ok. Prayers.

Everyone, my mom was dizzy last Wednesday, she fell and broke her pelvis in two places. Thankfully it was not a load bearing bone and did not need surgery. She is now in rehab. Yesterday she was able to put weight on that leg and took a few steps in rehab with people holding on to her. It was excruciating pain. But she did it. Hopefully it will heal quickly. I am trying to pace myself so I don't get worn out. Because as soon as she gets home, there will be a lot of work on my part.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:23 AM

I'm glad everyone had a good 4th.

FYI, If you hadn't noted, I forgot to put a msg stating I had mailed out the BD candy for this month, here's the msg). But I did send them out, and I noted most of you have received your candy already. Yea!!!

Ladies who are completing your Birdie BOM project. They are so creative and pretty. I'm collecting the pattern for another day. Just no time to get them done. Have fun sewing/coloring you birdies.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 AM

Nelco,

the last 4 downloads of QAL Birdies can be found at:
April - Post #599
May-Post #875
June - Post # 1222
July - Post # 1532

Jane Quilter. Have fun with your embroidery.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Lucia...glad to hear mom is on the mend. Take care of yourself too!

Barb

Originally Posted by LuciaLPL View Post
Thank you Nelco for the pretty charms. I received them on 6-29. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post it sooner.

Thank you Barb, sunrise450, redstilettos for your thoughts ,prayers and support.

Sunrise450, I'm sorry to hear about your dh, I hope he's ok. Prayers.

Everyone, my mom was dizzy last Wednesday, she fell and broke her pelvis in two places. Thankfully it was not a load bearing bone and did not need surgery. She is now in rehab. Yesterday she was able to put weight on that leg and took a few steps in rehab with people holding on to her. It was excruciating pain. But she did it. Hopefully it will heal quickly. I am trying to pace myself so I don't get worn out. Because as soon as she gets home, there will be a lot of work on my part.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Lucia...glad to hear mom is on the mend. Take care of yourself too!

Barb
Thank you, Barb.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:53 PM

HST=half square triangle.