Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Blog Entries
    Sent PM. Thank you Barb, you do a fantastic job! If I forgot to send anything please PM me.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I'm so happy to join in this year. Looks like last year was such fun. It was great to see all the tutorials and projects. Hope there will be more projects.

Can't wait to start!

Barb just welcomed me to the group, and I'm so excited! I have been waiting for the next round of this swap to join in.

So, HELLO! everyone! I'm looking forward to meeting you all, if I haven't already. I enjoy scrap quilts, swapping, and being silly delirious over bits of fabric!

And, today is my birthday! I'm anticipating a fun year until this swap wraps around to my next birthday in 2018 and it is my turn to receive my goodies!

Michele

Happy Birthday Pinkflowers ...you are going to love your next birthday!
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

Happy Birthday Pinkflowers!

I just got my welcome too.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkflowers View Post
    Barb just welcomed me to the group, and I'm so excited! I have been waiting for the next round of this swap to join in.

So, HELLO! everyone! I'm looking forward to meeting you all, if I haven't already. I enjoy scrap quilts, swapping, and being silly delirious over bits of fabric!

And, today is my birthday! I'm anticipating a fun year until this swap wraps around to my next birthday in 2018 and it is my turn to receive my goodies!

Michele

Happy Birthday Pink Flowers....looking forward to getting to know everyone, too.

You started off the b'day group quickly!!

Happy birthday, pinkflowers! I'm glad you're in! You'll have fun. Too bad your bday will be at the tail end of the yearlong swap, though! Then again, a year is a year, no matter where we are on the calendar!

Hi Mcihele. My first time in this swap also, but have had fun in other swaps. I also have a January birthday so I will also have a long wait before it will be my turn to receive goodies.

Michele

aborning: happy birthday (belated if I missed it and early if not)! You will have a great idea of what you will be receiving by the time the calendar rolls around for your "charming" delivery

Thank You for the birthday wishes, It was the 14th and I was at a Quilt Retreat so enjoyed my day. I have been following the last birthday swap and am happy to be a part of it this next year. Looks like there were no January birthday in the last swap and looks like there is some for this next year. YAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
    aborning: happy birthday (belated if I missed it and early if not)! You will have a great idea of what you will be receiving by the time the calendar rolls around for your "charming" delivery

Hello everyone,

Here is the list (so far) of birthday girls: If you don't see your name on the list please PM me right away.

aborning
    annieQuilts
    anoka quilter
    Barbarakibler23
    clmay
    Givio
    jaba
    Jane Quilter
    Janice McC
    Juanita Bean
    Kele
    Lum
    MizMelly
    Patrick's Mom
    Pinkflowers
    Redstielettos
    Rosemary Attaway
    Sunrise450
    WMUTeach

19 so far...... still waiting on girls from the 2016 group.

Pinkflowers....when is your birthday?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the new quilters! You will love this swap! It is my favorite swap and our hostess is the mostest!!!
    Looks like we are going for 35 this year. I just finished slicing and dicing my last 5 birthday swaps. Wow! Just counted how many charms I had to cut for this year. 1,750 no wonder I was so tired. Ha Ha.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

January 19

Quote Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
    Pinkflowers....when is your birthday?

Sent a PM.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Looking forward doing this swap and getting to know all you ladies. Have 15 ready to go. This will be my first time in this swap. I'm excited to get started and send my first candies out.

I'm in again this year. I had so much fun! Sent pm

I sure hope we get 35 swappers. It will be so much fun to receive 35 packages (of 50 candies each) for my birthday. This is my first time in this swap. Have done other swaps and am addicted to doing the 2 1/2" swaps. I like all the scrappy quilts I see made with the 2 1/2" candies. And the best part is, I just bought an AccuQuilt Go to cut the 2 1/2" candies so that will make it quick to cut them.

Oh! pinkflowers, you will have to wait the longest! And aborning!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Made a bag today from sewbizgirl's tute using these little candies. It's the perfect size! I'm going to make some more, my daughter in laws each want one and my granddaughter's Name:  DSCF3333.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  118.7 KB

Jaba, that's so pretty! I can't wait to make a few of those. I get carried away cutting squares now since I have the 2.5" die from Accuquilt! I still need to finish my squares for the next year, hopefully I'll get on that today.
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

thanks I knew I saw it somewhere! Hope your day was great!!!

January 19

Jaba I love the bag! can you please measure the size or take a picture of it with something like a gallon or (1/2) of milk.
    I think this is going to make great gifts!

Barb

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Made a bag today from sewbizgirl's tute using these little candies. It's the perfect size! I'm going to make some more, my daughter in laws each want one and my granddaughter's Name:  DSCF3333.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  118.7 KB

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Mine measures 16 1/2"wide (from side to side), 12 1/2" high and the bottom is 8 1/4" across. Here's a pic with a gallon of milk and 2- 2 liter bottles of soda. There is still room in there.Name:  DSCF3334.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  116.4 KBName:  DSCF3335.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  117.0 KB

Your bag is so cute, Jaba! Folks, this bag is EASY. I made the sample bag for the tute in one afternoon. I think I'm going to put leather straps on the next one I make. I just like the look.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...l-t285108.html
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast