Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Quote Originally Posted by aborning View Post
    I sure hope we get 35 swappers. I just bought an AccuQuilt Go to cut the 2 1/2" candies so that will make it quick to cut them.
    I have an Accuquilt Go and used it to cut out 45 sets of 50 charms. 35 for this swap (anticipating we'll get the full register) and 10 for the Winter Swap. Even with the Go cutter it took me FOREVER to iron and cut everything. I can't imagine doing it without one. I am bad with a rotary cutter....so this will assure everyone will get a decently cut charm. Best purchase for quilting I have made in a very long time!

Jaba like your bag

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Juanitabean, it really is a nice size. Thanks for liking mine....have you made one yet?
    redstilettos, I have thought about buying one many times just never have. I don't have a problem with the rotary cutter and just thought it might end up to be a "what was I thinking type buy". The dies are so expensive and I wonder if I'd really use it or if it would end up being more trouble to get it ready to cut than just cut it and be done.

No I have not made one but looks like it would be fun to make. I got into the Birthday candies swap this year so maybe I'll make one when I get my candies in May.

Love the bag, Jaba. I put candies together the same way to make tops for pillows. I never thought they would be so cute until one was sewn together -- now I'm hooked.

Blog Entries
    Jaba, I am so glad you followed up with the pictures. I Have my 132 charmes all laid out waiting for me. I keep changing my mind on what I will line it with. I also want to put a pocket in mine.
    I think there is another swap using 2 1/2" charmes. My better sense tells me no no so I probably will stick with I have.
    By the way I also have the GO!. I Love it and I feel it is well worth the money. I kind of went crazy purchasing dies but am not sorry.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Hey, love to have any/all of you join the 2.5" Winter Swap!!! Please consider it!
    hugs,
    dj
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    redstilettos, I have thought about buying one many times just never have. I don't have a problem with the rotary cutter and just thought it might end up to be a "what was I thinking type buy". The dies are so expensive and I wonder if I'd really use it or if it would end up being more trouble to get it ready to cut than just cut it and be done.
    The die that comes with the 2.5" square comes with the set, so that is a draw. My biggest thing is I get impatient with the rotary cutter and then I either get uneven cuts because the ruler moved, or I end up cutting my finger (pointer finger, usually in the same spot). Personally, I call the rotatory cutters my "wheel of death" LOL.

It's a great investment. Yes, the dies could get out of control with your wallet, but for me, I have a few standard shapes that I use all the time and it is paying for itself with not ruining cuts of fabric.

We have a Ben Franklin that will rent you one with the die of your choice for $7.50 for 30 mins, or $15/hr. Nice to try it out. I might do that for the log cabin cutting as I really don't plan on making enough of those to justify the die. Might be something to look into

I am in for another year. This is fun though I do not comment a lot.
    quilting makes our lives go round so sweetly

I joined for another fun year today. I so enjoy cutting and reading what everyone is up to. I have a tendency of not posting on this site, but I do read all of the post. This year I will try to do better. Now off to decide what 50 pieces of fabric will be added to my packets this year.

Jaba I just love your tote. Another project to add after I finish 2 mystery projects and 2 other projects. Have fun everyone. Happy sewing and quilting and cutting.

I finished cutting my 50 fabrics yesterday. Even using the AccuQuilt it took me most of the day!! But now I have all these lovely accurately cut candies for this next year. Next part of the project is to put them into stacks and wrap them for mailing. Then I'm done and done!!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

awesome MizMelly.
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

That what happens with these sweet candy squares. I was hooked after my first project. Now I look at every quilt thinking....can I make that with my candy???

Hey Anniequilts...I am for Michigan too!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post
    Love the bag, Jaba. I put candies together the same way to make tops for pillows. I never thought they would be so cute until one was sewn together -- now I'm hooked.

welcome back Trishb and happylab

MizMelly: don't feel bad...even with my cutter it took a good chunk of the day. But it was fun wondering if what I was cutting would be enjoyed or swapped again.

I can't wait to start mailing mine out! I have to go to the store and buy some b'day cards, though. They should sell quilty type ones in fabric stores

Well have sent Barb my request to participate once again for this year. It was so fun sending out the packages and cards not to mention the fun in receiving all the wonderful candy and cards on my Birthday.

Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Welcome back Onaemtnest!

I am in for another year. This will be year 4 for me. This swap is so much fun and you truly do feel special your birthday month when all the squishes begin arriving.

Thank you Barb for all you do.

I would like to join. Sounds like fun!

Thank you, Barb.

barbarakibler23, I've sent you a new private message, yesterday morning, Jan., 24, 2017. I am trying to contact you before this swap begins. Did you receive the message?

Well, folks, I have started cutting birthday treats...... half done. Between teaching and putting off other tasks that seem less interesting, I have had a grand time sorting, ironing, layering, cutting and counting again and again.

Just checking in with you all as I await my candy from the birthday swap that's finishing up. I've been the last for three years but someone could join and take me out of that "revered" spot. (It'd be ok with me. Lol.). I've been slowly cutting for the coming year and have a few months' worth ready to go. I have quite a few new fabrics but I'm digging deeper into the stash to use some up that I haven't cut yet. Anyway, Barb makes this a fun swap and I look forward to it again.

Yes I did Givio....did you get my response back???

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    barbarakibler23, I've sent you a new private message, yesterday morning, Jan., 24, 2017. I am trying to contact you before this swap begins. Did you receive the message?

I am so excited that LuciaLPL is joining our swap. She is my friend and we go to 2 quilt groups together. So nice to have the real world collide (in a good way) with the online world.

Welcome Lucia

Barb

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 ... LastLast